YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 978419 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#1641  April 30, 2024, 07:46:04 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
One last announcement from exA-Arcadia.

Daraku Tenshi Revenge (previously known as Complete Edition) is still happening. Notably, this is known to be eventually getting ported to consoles, but they said that when the game was initially announced in 2019 so who knows if that's still happening.
#1642  April 30, 2024, 08:25:57 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Notably, this is known to be eventually getting ported to consoles, but they said that when the game was initially announced in 2019 so who knows if that's still happening.
New Asuka game also had that promise too, iirc it was supposed to be heading to Switch.

My cope regarding Daraku Tenshi is that given Zerodiv is seemingly still involved it still has a shot of showing up on home platforms given they've done exactly that with other releases but who knows. ExArcadia managed to get a licenced Touhou game of all things arcade exclusive after all.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1643  April 30, 2024, 01:38:27 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Why the FUCK are they making a Chaos Code sequel only to make it arcade exclusive?!
exA-Arcadia can sincerely FUCK RIGHT OFF!
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#1644  April 30, 2024, 10:10:03 pm
    • Brazil
These games are just a waste of money to them and a disappointment to fans and a potentially new audience. Like, arcade-only releases when online play on PC and consoles is the best way to get an engaged playerbase is such a stupid move that genuinely makes me feel sorry for the fans.
#1645  June 18, 2024, 05:27:24 pm
  • Runs his mouth more than he does actually play
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

Everything up to marvel 2 is in this collection with rollback netcode and a somewhat in-depth training mode. I think this was what won the direct for me
#1646  June 19, 2024, 12:29:17 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Crazy how nothing about that collection leaked lol.

Also seems like the Fighting Collection is actually a serie of games now so who knows what other collection capcom is planning.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1647  June 19, 2024, 05:48:06 am
  • music rules
  • hi
    • USA
    • funk2000.neocities.org/
MvC2 is back, baby.
#1648  June 19, 2024, 08:07:53 am
    • Brazil
I like how they're doing stuff like making secret characters and bosses playable from the beginning instead of having a convoluted way of getting them, even Anita in MSH, who was limited to the Japanese and console versions unless you used emulator cheats will be regularly available in this version. In fact, the only one who seems to not be returning is Norimaro, lol. But yeah, a well-deserved collection and I hope Capcom VS SNK gets one as well, since Capcom is clearly willing to work with SNK too. I mean... who knows what they'll reveal at Evo...
#1649  June 19, 2024, 10:33:28 am
  • I'm Just Dude
    • Qatar
Real reason I'm Called "Dude" Cuz I watched Regular Show WOOOOOOAHH
#1650  June 19, 2024, 11:44:31 am
Seeing a MvC collection out of nowhere is unexcepted but absolutely amazing. I'd love to see a MvC4 eventually, but I don't have high hopes for that.
#1651  July 01, 2024, 10:42:42 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
#1652  July 02, 2024, 12:32:53 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
It doesn't surprise me that Street Fighter 6 has the most registrants. What is shocking is that The King of Fighters XV has the fewest.
#1653  July 02, 2024, 08:02:10 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Nah, most of the playerbase is international and it's become increasingly difficult to secure a Visa or get through US travel restrictions.  Even before these final numbers it was only higher than MK1.  It did pretty well at Evo Japan though.
#1654  July 02, 2024, 10:55:47 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Post covid you definitely see less international players make the trip to Evo. In fact, most Strive players from Japan dont even make the trip there. Thats pretty much why you've rarely seen japaneses players in strive evo top8.
#1655  July 02, 2024, 11:43:35 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Registration for the event is also more expensive this year than it was in the past few so there's that as well. 
#1656  July 07, 2024, 01:20:21 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Evo International, the 3rd planned Evo event, will apparently take place in december.
https://esportsadvocate.net/2024/07/qiddiya-city-club-program-details-unearthed/
While listed as “subject to change,” Qiddiya will continue its marketing blitz at some of the biggest esports and gaming events in 2024 including the recently concluded EVO, ChinaJoy in Shanghai later this month, IEM Cologne and Gamescom in August, PAX West and Tokyo Game Show in September, MPL MENA S6 and MPL Indonesia S14, M6 World Championship in Kuala Lumpur and DreamHack Stockholm in November, and EVO International in December.
#1657  July 20, 2024, 04:13:39 pm
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
#1658  July 20, 2024, 10:11:32 pm
  • Runs his mouth more than he does actually play
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

This is such a weird game to rerelease but if it means theyre gonna rerelease more games under that banner then I'll take it. It's also on GOG which I really like a lot
#1659  July 20, 2024, 10:18:41 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I never thought this game would see the light of day again.  Kinda weird that the first 2 CvS titles are still missing despite being the most vocal for a rerelease, unless something is preventing that from happening.

I can already imagine someone trying this game's gallery for the first time and witnessing the weirdest artwork they have even seen lol
#1660  August 27, 2024, 05:47:40 pm
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFCmD21OqKU[/youtube]

Everything up to marvel 2 is in this collection with rollback netcode and a somewhat in-depth training mode. I think this was what won the direct for me

The other shoe dropped at today's Nintendo Direct : CvSPro, CvS2, Power Stone 1 & 2, Project Justice, Plasma Sword, SFA3 Upper (the one with Fei Long, Hawk, Guile, Dee Jay, Evil Ryu, not the one with Ingrid, Yun, Eagle, Maki), and also a pile of pixel trash because why not. For 2025. They also replayed the Marvel trailer (it showed Norimaro in the Direct but not in the trailer that's on Nintendo of America's channel), with added dates for the digital and physical releases (september and november).

If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.