YesNoOk

Making stage assets move in a circular motion (Read 12077 times)

Started by ShiroTori, April 18, 2023, 02:30:25 am
Share this topic:
Making stage assets move in a circular motion
#1  April 18, 2023, 02:30:25 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I'm currently working on a stage with Scepter, and he wants one of the animations to move in a circular motion.

I tried seeing if I can do this using the sin.x/y motions, but I couldn't get it moving in a perfect circle like I want. I was wondering what I'm missing here. Is there a certain CTRL I need to utilize? I admit I still struggle wrapping my head around that stuff.
Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 02:55:24 am by ShiroTori
Re: Making stage assets move in a circular motion
#2  April 19, 2023, 10:06:51 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You need to make X and Y use a different phase. Try this:

Code:
sin.x = 20, 180, 0
sin.y = 20, 180, 90
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3  April 20, 2023, 02:54:52 am
    • Canada
Thank you Phantom! It turns out the base code I was using didn't have that third number value.
#4  April 28, 2023, 08:22:24 am
    • Portugal
Did you get it to work? It turns out that that parameter is somewhat broken. X and Y apparently have shared phases so you can't make them different like that (works in Ikemen though).
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#5  April 29, 2023, 02:03:37 am
    • Canada
It's looking to be working properly as of now. I sent Scepter another beta of the stage to make sure everything is working to his liking, but he's working on a piece for Pico Day on Newgrounds. I wanted to make sure he finishes that in time so I haven't heard back yet.
#6  May 11, 2023, 08:49:47 am
    • Canada
Another update Phantom, the coding you shared with me worked great in 1.1 and Scepter liked the result. But now, I'm working on a version of this stage for 1.0 and the asset is just moving back and forth diagonally.
#7  May 11, 2023, 10:55:50 pm
    • Portugal
I'm surprised that worked for you because it didn't for me. :S

You could try doing the sin motion as BGCtrl's, but I have a feeling that will have the exact same issue. The other option I guess is doing velocity and acceleration manually. I think each quarter of the circle would have its own starting velocity and acceleration, which each quarter picking up where the last one ends. Hard to explain.