YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2932168 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#1341  May 28, 2015, 10:44:04 am
No, his clothes are (they salvaged what they could).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1342  May 28, 2015, 01:43:55 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
And since of when does making a character who's s ignorant or kind of stupid counts as a bad thing? Did you ever look at Dan?

Shit
#1343  May 28, 2015, 07:10:18 pm
To me Cobra or whatever his name is in that concept art looks pretty bland in comparison. Knowing Street Fighter they likely would've thrown ever black american hip hop stereotype they could think of so I don't think we missed out on much.

With how black people are represented in the game to this point, I'd rather have that than no black guy at all. Of all the brown skin characters, only one of them is actually african-american, and he's a money-hungry thug. The others are either of a different nationality or in Akuma's case, ambiguously brown skinned. At least a "black american hip hop stereotype" would be more representation.

At the end of the day though, Rufus grew on me and I accept him with open arms, though I wouldn't be mad if he never came back
#1344  May 28, 2015, 07:27:05 pm
Aren't Elena and Dee Jay Black?  I am sure Elena is African, Dee Jay at least looks African, they are nice characters.
#1345  May 28, 2015, 07:40:10 pm
yes elina is an african royalty and deejay is jamaican and sean is a black brazilian black people are well represented in fighting games while we south easterns only got lame old sagat.
#1346  May 28, 2015, 07:47:51 pm
And Adon.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1347  May 28, 2015, 07:55:43 pm
  • Kikou Shou
yes elina is an african royalty and deejay is jamaican and sean is a black brazilian black people are well represented in fighting games while we south easterns only got lame old sagat.

What's a "south eastern"?  Do you mean South East Asian?

If you want to separate between East Asian and SE Asian, then the same can be said of Elena, Dee Jay and Sean.  You're grouping them into a "black" group when in reality they are all different cultures and in regards to Sean and maybe even Dudley, aren't necessarily "black".  You say black people are well represented.  If you use that logic, then Asian people are also well represented.
#1348  May 28, 2015, 07:59:55 pm
yep south eastern = muay thai namco did that too, a non thailander sea character josie rizal uses kick boxing well atleast we had talim and she's not even in the new soul calibur.
#1349  May 28, 2015, 08:03:01 pm
Like cheers05 said, there's already a million Asian characters in Street Fighter.
#1350  May 28, 2015, 09:18:23 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

But, Sagat has taken some of the most punishment throughout the series... I would've loved breakdance Tatsus, though...
#1351  May 28, 2015, 10:38:36 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#1352  May 28, 2015, 10:57:48 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

As a person middle eastern descent the only person in SF is Hakan. (and I am VERY loosely Counting Him cause he is Turkish.) At least Sagat is Cool.

Hakan is Comedy Relief.

EDIT: Just learned about Pullum. She's SF EX though and her design is hilariously ridiculous considering she's Saudi.
Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:02:26 pm by -Whiplash-
#1353  May 28, 2015, 11:07:04 pm
Aren't Elena and Dee Jay Black?  I am sure Elena is African, Dee Jay at least looks African, they are nice characters.

I said they are of different nationalities, they aren't African-American.
#1354  May 28, 2015, 11:09:09 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
So, SF needs to be the united nations so everyone is happy now?
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#1355  May 28, 2015, 11:26:59 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#1356  May 28, 2015, 11:48:45 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Oh, so THAT'S why his "home stage" is Africa in SF4...
#1357  May 29, 2015, 12:21:23 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

well, one of SF's Slogans is WORLD warrior.

Honestly though I don't really care, I was just pointing out how there are Ethnic Groups more under-represented then "African-American" and South East Asians.
#1358  May 29, 2015, 12:37:08 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I actually like Rufus' and design. His interactions with other characters can be pretty irritating, because of how long winded and moronic he is, but in game I  think his unique spin on kung fu, the crazy names for his moves, and the insane way he moves + his mobility in spite of his weight is pretty entertaining..

To me Cobra or whatever his name is in that concept art looks pretty bland in comparison. Knowing Street Fighter they likely would've thrown ever black american hip hop stereotype they could think of so I don't think we missed out on much.
He fought using breakdancing.

more info
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8988798
#1359  May 29, 2015, 12:42:42 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB

What's a "south eastern"?  Do you mean South East Asian?

If you want to separate between East Asian and SE Asian, then the same can be said of Elena, Dee Jay and Sean.  You're grouping them into a "black" group when in reality they are all different cultures and in regards to Sean and maybe even Dudley, aren't necessarily "black".  You say black people are well represented.  If you use that logic, then Asian people are also well represented.

oh brada   -_-

its no wonder that most of the stories in the japanese media ether take place in Japan alone or in a Fictional  world all together where counties and  ethnicity is none relevent

EDIT: Just learned about Pullum. She's SF EX though and her design is hilariously ridiculous considering she's Saudi.

an inaccurate representation for a girl from saudi indeed , as there is no way in hell you would find a girl there that dress like she does

#1360  May 29, 2015, 12:47:14 am
He fought using breakdancing.
I've heard that a couple of times but I never saw an actual confirmation for it. And in the mean time, we know that the voice actor for Rufus was originally supposed to voice King Cobra, and recorded his lines accordingly - they were reused for Rufus before he knew it. That means he had the same way of talking fast nonsense, and his moves had the same name. So while everyone thinks King Cobra would have used Karate, I'm enclined to think he was using Kung Fu - a style very similar to Rufus', but probably without the whole "throwing his weight around" like for the spin special and belly bumps. But the space opera references would be the same.
A quick look at Youtube says he does call out most of his attacks. So I would guess that the only thing that really changed is... his model. That being said, for something like Galactic Tornado and maybe Messiah Kick, even without the weight, you can imagine that it might look like some breakdance... But it's still mostly Kung Fu, that's the point for Rufus at least.

As for Pullum's design it's really obvious that her design is "ancient Persia" inspired. Seriously, why would you care that she doesn't look like a girl from today's Saudi Arabia, this isn't what Street Fighter does at all.
Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:57:35 am by DKDC