YesNoOk

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project  (Read 1308074 times)

Started by Xenomic, April 27, 2008, 12:56:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which format do you prefer for the project to take?

Current format (aka do whatever character and then release packs after set amount of time)
24 (31.6%)
Suggested format (aka focus on one character and then release sprites after finished)
52 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project
#841  March 01, 2014, 09:29:32 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
they look like he used Photoshop's "pattern overlay" option.

meh.
#842  March 01, 2014, 09:31:24 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Frozen still look like stone. Just a different type of stone.
Chilling
#843  March 01, 2014, 09:32:29 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Hmm...it does, doesn't it? Not blue enough I suppose. Maybe I'll have him take another shot at them again, unless he reads the topic first. *shrugs*
#844  March 01, 2014, 07:13:17 pm
    • USA
Frozen redone. Looks much more like a Frozen sprite!:

In addition, Rei's Grab sprite done by Sky79 as well~

Seems she'll also be getting a "Dragon Queen" Midnight Bliss as well~ ^^
#845  March 01, 2014, 11:34:01 pm
    • USA
And a surprise by Sky79, a shock for Grizela! Definitely his best one yet, though there's still some issues here and there.

(If need be, I can probably slow down the animation some. The spritesheet doesn't include the other 2 frames shown in the GIF).

If anyone wants to attempt to fix it up, or attempt anything else, go for it! ^^

I'm seriously considering just releasing Grizela's stuff separately at this point. I'm still going to let the poll run until next Saturday though to see what the majority votes for before releasing anything however. If you haven't voted yet, go do it! It'll help out!
#846  March 03, 2014, 08:34:34 am
    • USA
And Midnight Bliss for Grizela, done by Sky79! And one that I am really impressed by! It's far better than the one she has currently, that much is for sure! For those curious, this is meant to be a "Dragon Queen". Seeing as Grizela is a dragon and all.

#847  March 03, 2014, 10:36:38 pm
    • USA
I think I'll cut off votes here. Votes are 6 to 8, in favor of the suggested format, so we'll go with that. I'll release Grizela as a separate pack once all of her stuff is completed, and release the Midnight Bliss & Shock Pack #10 later today.

In other news, is there any character that YOU guys would like to see next? I'll give you guys a few days to come up with some suggestions (if no suggestions are made, then I'll probably come up with something with Sky otherwise).
#848  March 04, 2014, 11:54:36 pm
    • USA
And Sangue=Passare animation for Grizela, done by Sky79! Updated and finished version of the beta done by Anon:

And with that, that should be everything for Grizela, unless anyone else would like to add more custom states for her? There's quite a few others out there that could be done for her! I'll give it some time before I release the sprite pack for her for everyone to use~
#849  March 09, 2014, 05:32:42 am
I ripped and cleaned up a couple of shock sprites from sfamax.

The sprites are not indexed. I didn't clean the x-ray sprites much at all. If someone else wants to clean it up feel free to.
#850  March 09, 2014, 05:36:23 am
    • USA
Oh nice~ Much obliged for that!

(You can really tell they didn't try on the X-Ray sprites for the SFA Max characters at all too compared to every other character in the original game~ Ingrid's is especially noticeable I think...)

Eventually, should probably do updated, better shock sprites for those guys (Ingrid and Maki in particular)...maybe even Midnight Blisses for them (Ingrid needs an updated one I think. Something new and refreshing...maybe one of her outfits from the Onimusha Souls game or whatever?)
#851  March 12, 2014, 08:36:08 am
Here's the list Xenomic.  Sorry that it took so long to put this together.  Here are all the characters in the Capcom Universe game that could use San=Passare sprites. it's kind of a long list but here goes.  Alot of these characters could use a Midnight Bliss as well.  I would only need 1 midnight bliss sprite for Anakaris' super.

Shadowloo Cammy = Pig Tails
Ryu = headband
R.Mika = Mask or Boobs
Ken = Feet or hands
Gouki = Beads
Nash = Vest Jacket
Dictator = open choice
Dhalsim = Monkey skulls or stomach
Sakura = Open Choice
Rose = Scarf
Karin = Hair Ribbon
Zangief = Beard, Hair, or Briefs
Yang = Hair
Eagle = Gloves
CVS2 chun li = Legs
Q = Coat (Like inspector Gadget)
Necro = Open choice
Urien = Sideburns or Briefs
Dan = Tengu Nose
Ibuki = Open Choice
Guy = Shoes
Classic Cody = Open Choice
Alty's Haggar = Chest
Maki = Ponytail
Sodom = Crescent Moon
Hugo = Hair
Rolento = Grenades, Ascot, Or Beret
Leo = Lion Ears
Mukuro = Open CHoice
Tabasa = Hat
Tao = Open CHoice
Captain Commando = Star or red visor
rockman = helmet
Roll = open choice
Jill = open choice
Jin = Head if possible otherwise open choice
Hayato = open choice possibly belt
RubyHeart = open choice maybe the hat since she's a pirate
Son Son = Tail
Tron = Earings (bonne family logo)
Ingrid = Golden Hair ornaments
Batsu = open choice (possibly forehead to show the scar)
Amingo = Head
Strider = Scarf
Michelle Heart = Wings

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:47:15 am by Beximus
#852  March 12, 2014, 08:47:16 am
    • USA
If I may give my opinions on these~ Actually, a lot of these with the hair...I'm honestly curious if that's something that would happen. I...suppose it would be? Hmmm...

R. Mika: Heh...I can see the boobs on her. The mask you'd have to do her whole face and all that jazz, but I can see the boobs.
Gouki: Ahh...good ol' Donovan flashback.
Dictator: I always though his hat would be the best thing to go with myself.
Dhalsim: Heh...either or works with him. Dhalsim is probably one of the easier ones actually, because well...he's Dhalsim. He's skinny as holy hell!
Ken: I figured hands with him. For Ryu, probably feet. That way, you got both sides covered :v
Nash: Ehh...dunno about the jacket myself. I say this as articles of clothing aren't really part of the body (but then again, neither were Donovan's beads, but those were the only non-human parts to be inflated on anyone kinda). He's a hard one...
Sakura: Ehhhhh...she's a toughie too. No idea...could go Lilith Treatment on her as well but... :S
Rose: Not sure on this one.
Karin: Could work out. I always imagined her having B.B. Hood's myself.
Zangief: MWAHAHAHA! That's actually funny to think of that with either his beard or briefs.
Chun-Li: Hmm...that could work. It is her trademark thing. Though I also always imagined her hair buns too.
Ibuki: Not sure on Ibuki myself...
Maki: Ehhhhhh...don't know about this one. She's another one I would put up for the Lilith Treatment myself but that's me.
Rolento: The ascot idea is sound. Though inflating grenades would be hilarious too. Hmmm...
Roll: I could NEVER figure out what'd work for Roll. Lilith treatment is out of the question for her. She IS a robot so...hmmm...
Rockman: I agree with this one.
Guy: I also agree with this one.
Michelle: I can see the wings working out. You can also pull the Lilith on her too, but that's up to you.
Q: I can see either his mask thingie, or his hat for him.
Eagle: This sounds good.
Leo: This sounds good as well.
Captain Commando: Visor sounds sound.
Amingo: ...Which part of his body is his head!?  Perfect.
Ingrid: I thought that too myself. I also thought Lilith Treatment too (of course!) or gloves. So there's 3 different things you COULD do with her.

Those are my opinions on each of those. Any C&C on them?
#853  March 12, 2014, 09:55:08 am
With so many characters in the game we may have to cover the same body part more than once on some of them

Dictator's Hat does seem pretty obvious.  They did it with Lei-Lei
i think you're right Ken hands Ryu Feet
Maybe we could inflate Nash's arms like popeye.  maybe Hulk's arms can be used as a base.
What about sakura's cheeks?
Rose how about her hips.
Chun li's hair buns would definately work too.
Ibuki is definately hard to figure out.

Amingo's head is that bump under the hat with his eyes lol.

What about Roll's whole body puffing up.  she's so small she'd be like a ball with a head and limbs.
Michelle - i would like to go with the Wings to avoid having more than 2 characters with inflating boobs. Lilith is in the game as well.
Q - i agree with the hat.  I'd like to save the inflated mask for a different character.
Ingrid - Gloves are fine too. I picked the sun discs because of how iconic they are with her.

on a side note.  i found this concept art of Amingo's Midnight Bliss on deviantart.

#854  March 12, 2014, 10:04:03 am
    • USA
Mm...that is true. Very very true. May even have to go 3-4 with the same one

They also KINDA did it with Bishamon too with his helmet thingie so there's that.
You know, that could actually work with Nash/Charlie. Good thinking there!
Hmm...that could work for Sakura. There's also the Lord Raptor/Zabel route (nobody has that really).
Rose's hips? How would that work out I wonder...now that I think about it, Rose IS another one that'd be hard to come up with a proper part...

Oh...oh I see. @_@;;

Hmm...could potentially do that with Roll. I was thinking of that with Dhalsim too because Dhalsim lol.
Oh, I thought Lilith and Morrigan were on the same team or something lol. But, up to you~ The wings could definitely work for her, seeing as ya know, she's already got enough "there" as it is (but so doesn't Mika. Mika could also go with the Lord Raptor treatment if you wanna have someone for that, or want to avoid having too many follow Lilith's example). So if Mika doesn't get that, then...well, hard to say. I know you'd prefer it with Mika, but it could easily be done to someone else better (not saying that it'd be better for Michelle mind you as already mentioned, but for someone else of smaller stature like Ingrid, Sakura, etc. You know...to those that it would fit best on).

Ahhh that. That's kinda in a way what what's-his-face did with his Amingo (Ryou Win?? I think that's who it was) except he did the animation dumbly. His was probably the best way to handle Amingo's Midnight Bliss I thought.
#855  March 12, 2014, 07:00:23 pm
  • Haters are toys
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#856  March 12, 2014, 08:53:32 pm
Hmm...could potentially do that with Roll. I was thinking of that with Dhalsim too because Dhalsim lol.
Oh, I thought Lilith and Morrigan were on the same team or something lol. But, up to you~ The wings could definitely work for her, seeing as ya know, she's already got enough "there" as it is (but so doesn't Mika. Mika could also go with the Lord Raptor treatment if you wanna have someone for that, or want to avoid having too many follow Lilith's example). So if Mika doesn't get that, then...well, hard to say. I know you'd prefer it with Mika, but it could easily be done to someone else better (not saying that it'd be better for Michelle mind you as already mentioned, but for someone else of smaller stature like Ingrid, Sakura, etc. You know...to those that it would fit best on).

Now that you mention it R.Mika's butt would be a great idea.  She does use it prominently as an attack.

Lilith is combined into Morrigan as you say, but she is also a full character of her own.  I'm working on doing a switch mode where morrigan let's lilith come out and you can play as her with her own sprites and moveset.
#857  March 12, 2014, 09:05:48 pm
    • USA
Aye, it's something that would be done to others like say...Yuri or Miyako (well, Miyako was already done, but that's because she has short shorts for whatever reason). Haha. Best way to handle keeping too many characters from having the same Sangue is to set it up in sections. Like "Hat/Head", "Breasts", "Hands", "Objects", etc. That way, you can avoid too many being the same! Right now, from the looks of it, only Lilith will fill out the "Breasts" section it seems~

(I noticed Devilotte doesn't appear on the list either. Did you get her all situated then with her special states? o.o??)

Ahhh...I see. It's kinda like that there Kohaku & Hisui character IIRC that did something like that, or I think Sol & Ky. Or both.
#858  March 16, 2014, 05:56:48 am

I found an emulator that allows me to rip the sprites perfectly without any extra editing at all. I didn't bother color separating Yun and Maki because everyone's sprites besides Ingrid is just kind of bad quality due to the artist removing some colors from the main sprites to make room for the yellow electric aura.
Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:13:49 pm by Drex
#859  March 16, 2014, 06:01:00 am
    • USA
Seems the first one for Yun is missing.

But yeah, even Ingrid's is kinda not super great (still better than the other 3). Their non-X-Ray sprites are fine though I think (though somehow Ingrid got flat as a board compared to how her other sprites normally are, no??)

Much obliged for these though~ That'll complete the SFA cast for shocks now, I believe. I should one of these days update that thread for shock sprites...say, maybe you can even post these in there! Since they're official game shocks and all that.

*Plots to eventually get someone to redo the X-Ray sprites for these characters later*
#860  March 16, 2014, 03:44:25 pm
Fixed the Yun sprite.