YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1582588 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#2801  January 27, 2016, 12:42:36 pm
Good ol' Nathan "Ubisoft Won't Talk To Me About Women" Grayson.

How does he still have a job?
#2802  January 27, 2016, 12:48:37 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
No clue.

Anyway, even though I am still angry at the news, I am quite hoping that it is false. I believe many fans are quite eager for it to be too.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#2803  January 27, 2016, 01:34:22 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
It was such an incredibly harmless and completely optional feature.

You know what's ironic? That 90's NoA never stooped this low. The times we live in.
#2804  January 27, 2016, 02:55:47 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Yeah. Back then the game in its entirety never would have made it to West.
#2805  January 27, 2016, 03:21:40 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It was such an incredibly harmless and completely optional feature.

You know what's ironic? That 90's NoA never stooped this low. The times we live in.

In the current gaming climate, it makes sense.  Almost nobody actually cares if the 'petting' mechanic is in or not, because like you said it's so harmless and completely optional.  But all it takes is one self-proclaimed journalist throwing an article up on Jezebel or Kotaku about Nintendo's new molestation simulator to spark another storm of faux internet outrage.  The negative press they'd receive for including it would drastically outweigh any potential benefits they'd gain by keeping it in.
#2806  January 27, 2016, 03:34:56 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
If you think about it, it's because the internet was a non entity in the 90s, that NoA didn't have to "stoop low"

Well at least with all the internet nay sayers, They won't be able to change Foleo's gender. :P
#2807  January 27, 2016, 04:27:02 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
I mean there's still like, an "!" in the "My Room" area in the game footage on IGN IIRC (Private Quarters it's called now?) so I can only assume that the petting is removed but I don't know if the actual character interactions (i.e. dialogue) are. Wonder what it does now, hmm....

In the current gaming climate, it makes sense.  Almost nobody actually cares if the 'petting' mechanic is in or not, because like you said it's so harmless and completely optional.  But all it takes is one self-proclaimed journalist throwing an article up on Jezebel or Kotaku about Nintendo's new molestation simulator to spark another storm of faux internet outrage.  The negative press they'd receive for including it would drastically outweigh any potential benefits they'd gain by keeping it in.
And yeah, this is unfortunately true. I'm not adamantly for or against skinship (wasn't gonna use it but I didn't mind it) but FEAmie = the biggest lose/lose I have ever seen in my life for localizers. This is compounded not only by the outlets you mentioned but by the already divisive FE fanbase where one half of them complained and the other half embraced the idea.

It is incredibly unfortunate that we have an environment that is so haphazard for localization and PR but what a world!

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:32:02 pm by Killer Kong
#2808  January 27, 2016, 06:02:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
.  Almost nobody actually cares if the 'petting' mechanic is in or not, because like you said it's so harmless and completely optional.  B

afaik,, gameplay wise it is the only way to get S rank, so it's not really optinoal unless you consider S rank optional or they add other ways to get S rank.
#2809  January 27, 2016, 06:13:31 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Pretty sure you can get S rank supports the same way you do in every other fire emblem by having two characters fight next to each other or with pair up as of awakening.
#2810  January 27, 2016, 07:05:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Pretty sure you can get S rank supports the same way you do in every other fire emblem by having two characters fight next to each other or with pair up as of awakening.

that is why I said afaik, since people in the comments of other sites are the ones saying that (I can't/don't play the game)
#2811  January 27, 2016, 09:37:47 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#2812  January 28, 2016, 03:24:49 am
I mean there's still like, an "!" in the "My Room" area in the game footage on IGN IIRC (Private Quarters it's called now?) so I can only assume that the petting is removed but I don't know if the actual character interactions (i.e. dialogue) are. Wonder what it does now, hmm....
that's the main reason i'm disappointed it was removed. one of fire emblem's strongest points lately is their characters and how they're presented. their personalities showed through supports, specific dialogue against other characters, and even smaller stuff like when you're buying or selling equipment for them, so completely losing a good amount of dialogue (even though it's not crucial) would be shitty. hopefully there's some sort of replacement.

that is why I said afaik, since people in the comments of other sites are the ones saying that (I can't/don't play the game)
they're wrong. support between characters goes up several ways, but mostly through battling next to eachother on the map. the petting stuff was exclusive to the avatar character. if petting was the only way to reach S (marriage) then no regular characters would be able to marry
Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:28:13 am by Titiln
#2813  January 28, 2016, 02:25:46 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:01:48 pm by Kamekaze
#2814  January 28, 2016, 02:58:16 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
It's Kotaku, you expect better?

The only "news" site I blocked on Firefox because they're that bad
#2815  January 28, 2016, 04:11:59 pm
it's kotaku, i expect horribly written articles and extreme amounts of bias, not straight up lying
#2816  January 28, 2016, 04:25:12 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Bunch of perverts wanting to pet anime titties, not like my glorious realistic wrpgs with gay sex
#2817  January 28, 2016, 05:35:48 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Isn't that the same image you posted before? anyway apparantly the US version file size is bigger then the Japanese file size so wouldn't that imply the petting mini game is still in or at least the dialogue from it? though who knows if this guy is legit or not.
https://twitter.com/SDC_Batz/status/692542462418616320
Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:35:49 pm by Girard
#2818  January 28, 2016, 05:41:25 pm
the bigger filesize could be from the game having an option for english and japanese voice acting (dunno if it does though)
#2819  January 28, 2016, 06:01:22 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
yeah I meant to edit my post so I'll do that.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#2820  January 28, 2016, 06:18:08 pm
Bunch of perverts wanting to pet anime titties, not like my glorious realistic wrpgs with gay sex
you cant touch the anime cans IDIOT. it is just the beautiful anime faces. of males and females alike