YesNoOk

[Resentone Thread]: Botan, Tao, Yuzuriha Released (24/03/2024) (Read 816562 times)

Started by Resentone, January 22, 2022, 05:49:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Gengar Released + Saber Updated (29/06/2023)
#181  July 02, 2023, 11:04:47 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
I would personally avoid using Audacity, cause (I think) it still has telemetry in it. Try using a forked version, either Tenacity (recommended) or Darkaudacity.

Open up every sound file one by one and turn the gain volume to at least +5.0 (assuming any sound files weren't edited in the first place).
I see, I didn't really use audacity but I did heard they put something in it.

I'll check the forked version out.

I actually found a few choices u could use for alternative fx, mainly for laser/beam attacks.

- Neco-Arc's true ancestor beam

Or

- OHMSBY's Heart Aino exceed climax move (it's a bit crusty, but it's the lightest fx I can think of)
I was referring to basic/special slash fx, Both distortion beam is actually unchanged. But I'll keep them in mind in case I want to go back and re-do effects for the 2nd time lol.

For what its worth you do a far better job with your effects by and large.
Yours can actually be colored(Not sure if this applies to new saber update), and it adds a huge amount to your palettes. I can't overstate it. Its amazing.

I don't know how much extra work it is, but please continue allowing for this regardless of what methods you use.
Glad you like em. and even if I did switch to lower res effects. the colored effects will still be there as it's really easy to implement.

Perhaps I don't speak for everyone, but file size in mugen is barely even a consideration in this day and age, large file sizes are preferable to sub par results. Even with a bloated mugen most peoples games are unlikely to even meet the average steam games file size.

Just wanted to toss my 2 cents in.
I personally like to keep my characters file size smaller so it doesn't slow down my mugen/ikemen, and bloat my gdrive.

i have make the audio louder,try download the sound patch again
I'll test it later.
#182  July 02, 2023, 11:58:59 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Oh, Gengar was a nice surprise, because Type Wild do be having really nice sprites! Giving a little more variety to a roster of this style

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I see that Gardevoir is sooner or later~ So that's neat, but hope that surprise with another one day (Maybe Blaziken or Lucario. . . Hell Snorlax if Heavy Type)
#183  July 02, 2023, 01:49:45 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Here is my feedback for Gengar since I haven't got around it until now:
-The A version of air Shadow Ball should also have upward momentum when he throws the projectile (Otherwise the animation will cancel if he uses it too close to the ground).
-Using Gengar's Counter when hit with a projectile has a strong slash sound instead of regular hit one and the opponent isn't aligned in the middle of the hammer like Omega Hammer.
-To be honest, I think it would look better if it was a normal shockwave instead of a strong one layered behind him for Gengar's Counter with a projectile and Omega Hammer.
-If Dream Eater supposed to deal double damage with Hypnosis, it only deals 233 because of damage scaling (So it's not doubled as 250 can be dealt with Dream Eater itself).
-EX Poison Jab and Omega Hammer has meter gain when it makes contact with the opponent.
-The NOY sound when using Omega Hammer doesn't play when used in the air (The (3000,3) sound for the Not Over Yet Manager is missing a trigger for animation 3055).
-His Distortion Drives doesn't seem able to be rapid canceled.
-The NOY version of Shadow Step doesn't have a step sound when he touches the ground after the the last hit.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#184  July 03, 2023, 03:34:24 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Fixed.

-The A version of air Shadow Ball should also have upward momentum when he throws the projectile (Otherwise the animation will cancel if he uses it too close to the ground).
I'm gonna let this be. if I mess the velocity, it'll ruin combo routes due to miss timing.

-His Distortion Drives doesn't seem able to be rapid canceled.
That's odd. either way fixed.
#185  July 04, 2023, 04:39:18 am
    • USA
Just a few more fixes left:
-There's a duplicate image of his Shiny palette in the Palettes folder.
-His head.pos and mid.pos are not aligned correctly.
-His SFF has duplicate palettes of (1,2) to (1,12) and one of (0,0) that isn't his.
-His 66A and 66B look too identical to each other (I feel like one of them could be recycled using 5BB's animations as neither of them could be used for combo routes).
-The normal shockwave on the ground and air versions of Omega Hammer is not layered behind him or the opponent (Only the one from Gengar's Counter is when hit with a projectile).
-I decided to make some adjustments to the small portrait: Look at the new one on my next post.
Hopefully it looks much better and makes the eyes pop out more.

Other than that, this should be pretty much it. Also while I was testing Ichida's characters and found there were duplicate animations of the 6150 air dash effect. Luckily I check all of yours and don't have any, but Phonon, Engima Hyde and Byakuya are missing a frame with sprite (6150,12) in theirs. Since it's very minor and may not use that effect on their air attacks, thought I just let you know about it so you can stealth update it as I have nothing else on them currently.

I'm gonna let this be. if I mess the velocity, it'll ruin combo routes due to miss timing.
Alright then. Guess that makes sense as you can with his A command normals right when he touches the ground.

That's odd. either way fixed.
I found a bug where he would now stand mid-air if you forward rapid cancel Omega Hammer as he runs forward. Changing it so he does it in the air will fix that so he will air dash forward instead and then land on the ground.
Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 11:47:43 am by ZolidSone
#186  July 04, 2023, 08:45:11 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
All should be fixed.

I found a bug where he would now stand mid-air if you forward rapid cancel Omega Hammer as he runs forward. Changing it so he does it in the air will fix that so he will air dash forward instead and then land on the ground.
Got a weird brain fog while trying to fix this on testing. I tried messing with cancel stand instead of just simply changing Omega Hammer movetype lol.

#187  July 04, 2023, 09:45:00 am
    • USA
ok so i have a question on Ciel. why cant u block this super?:

https://streamable.com/1edlqg

is it a bug? cuz u can block this move in type lumina
#188  July 04, 2023, 10:08:15 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 10:18:17 am by Resentone
#189  July 04, 2023, 11:47:02 am
    • USA
Got a weird brain fog while trying to fix this on testing. I tried messing with cancel stand instead of just simply changing Omega Hammer movetype lol.
I also had a brain fog as well. I realized I used the wrong colors when adjusting his small portrait as I was basing off the big one since it shares the same palette as the character sprites. The shading of the teeth doesn't match when using the Amingo palette, so I fixed that (And you can change the icon of your site on the upper left to this one if you haven't yet):

Since it's not worth to update the character again just for that, I got another suggestion to fix. The effect when he rapid cancels is misaligned as it appears much higher as it appears on his forehead. Thought it would look better if it was where his face is.
#190  July 06, 2023, 04:50:41 am
    • USA
Gengar has been released, head over to the first page to download. Saber is updated to receive the higher frame rate effects. (this impacted the file size, I might have to think of alternatives like how OHMSBY handles his effects.)

Site has also been updated. It now have a roadmap section at the bottom of the characters section. (Check it out)

Bullet fixes will come later together with her moveset tweaks.

Character Overhaul will be put on hold/low priority for now.

I see. Never played any BB games myself other than a little bit of TAG.
It must have been a challenge tackling a character from a franchise you're not familiar with. I'm don't know the character very well either as BB is not usually the main games I play and only briefly gone though her moveset enough just to know how it works. BB is quite technical compared to French Bread's fighters.
It was, I was basing her off of Ares Bullet since it's kinda source accurate.

Hey there, I added the Sion Tatari Pallete for your Sion Eltnum.

Link for Sion Tatari Pallete:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yg0tS5sbGFuAhq9duki-u_Pj8HoY0kOl/view?usp=share_link
Link added to site

Hey man just curious will you be added the nerf files back to the addon section on your site?
Nope, lower AI difficulty will be built in characters now.

i made a japanese voicepatch for your bullet here:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/c4bomlibcorti8p/Bullet_jap_vc_.zip/file
Are you sure you have made the audio louder? still sounds kinda quiet

Regardless, added to site.

Was planning to reply to this thread on Bullet's overhaul, but I got lazy. Bullet overhaul got delayed and it never happened lol.

Let me know if I missed anything.
Have fun.

Edit: I will add AI Level to the rest of my characters when Bullet Overhaul is out.

So how does the scaling work is it located in the cmd?
#191  July 06, 2023, 04:56:27 am
  • Life is maybe daijobu
    • Paraguay
    • sites.google.com/view/tornillo-oxidado-edits/characters?authuser=0
So how does the scaling work is it located in the cmd?
It's located in the cmd, but you just need to go into your MUGEN and change the difficulty in the options, same thing as Ichida's scaling.
You don't need to touch anything in the code actually.
But as Resentone said, that will be available after the updates he will do.
#192  July 06, 2023, 05:36:41 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#193  July 06, 2023, 11:34:41 pm
    • USA
#194  July 07, 2023, 12:37:13 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
#195  July 16, 2023, 07:24:16 pm
  • Nowhere to work on, nothin to do.
    • sites.google.com/view/walruso-mugen-site/home
#196  July 17, 2023, 04:20:25 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Hey man, I found this bug for your Shiki Tohno:
https://streamable.com/l2txoe
Fixed, let me know if it's still happening.

Also a quick fix for Arcueid, Byakuya , Eltnum, Enigma Hyde, Nanaya, Mash, Phonon, Rentaro, Shiki, and Ushiwakamaru.
17/07/2022
- Fixed an error where certain moves will still trigger on custom reversaldef.

Oh yeah, Bullet changes have been implemented. But I haven't gotten around into making her English audio louder yet. She'll be out soon so please be patient.

Edit: Encountered another error while trying to apply this fix, so please redownload again.
Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 06:16:31 am by Resentone
#197  July 21, 2023, 02:56:35 am
    • Philippines
As per Saber's recent update, her Excalibur doesn't KO the opponent.

https://streamable.com/zulyuj

Would it be okay if you brought back that "bang" effect at the end since it's actually crucial for Rapid Cancels? Or was it intended that way?
#198  July 21, 2023, 05:22:25 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
As per Saber's recent update, her Excalibur doesn't KO the opponent.

https://streamable.com/zulyuj
This was fixed already, thanks to Kamui.

Would it be okay if you brought back that "bang" effect at the end since it's actually crucial for Rapid Cancels? Or was it intended that way?
I actually deleted it to follow the way OHMSBY did his beam attacks, but if it affects/hinder gameplay then I will add it back.
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Gengar Updated (25/07/2023)
#199  July 25, 2023, 04:06:45 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Gengar Updated.

25/07/2023
- Added an intro against Gardevoir.
- Removed some leftover from OHMSBY characters that were causing an intro bug.
- The AI will perform EXA when Ultra Burst is active.
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Gardevoir Released (28/07/2023)
#200  July 28, 2023, 04:10:36 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Gardevoir has been released, head over to the first page to download.

Changes:
28/07/2023
-Gardevoir has been released, get her at the characters section.
-Everyone has been updated.
General changes:
-AI Scaling changed to OHMSBY code. (I know how to code it better using his. Now the AI fights back instead of doing moves at a random interval. I will improve the AI more later on so that certain AI level will have different combos. Do report if the AI behave strangely.)
-The AI will now use Roman Cancel on level 8.
-Added Ichida's name as part of the Readme's credit.
Specific changes:
Bullet:
- Command Grab Follow Up no longer need After Burner to be activated, and can now be used in combos.
- Dash will now be a short dash, using After Burner will make bullet dash further.
- English voice lines audio are now louder.
- After Burner will receive some significant changes:
+Cost 500 meter
+Reduced bonus damage.
+No longer expires when Bullet receive damage and when Bullet activate some certain moves.
+Active for 600 ticks.
+Have Meter Bar.
Arcueid Brunestud:
- Fixed a game breaking error where Ready, Set, Go! did not put the opponent on a custom state.
Ushiwakamaru:
- Fixed an error where Hoemaru - Spider Slayer did not receive Ultra Burst damage bonus.
Saber:
- Reverted the Vignette effect change.
- Changed Air Grab p2 custom state.
Rentaro:
- Terminal Horizon now have a meter bar.
Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 04:14:53 pm by Resentone