YesNoOk

Best and Worst Choices for Rosters (Read 248091 times)

Started by EveryonesKouhai, March 11, 2016, 05:47:09 am
Share this topic:
Best and Worst Choices for Rosters
#1  March 11, 2016, 05:47:09 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
As we all know fighting games come with some interesting characters for their rosters. From seasoned veterans of the series to new and fresh faces. But like it says in the title who were the best and worst additions in certain games.
Re: Best and Worst Choices for Rosters
#2  March 11, 2016, 07:37:26 am
  • Dead Weight
  • Where'd all the motivation go?
    • Philippines
    • Skype - DerEthereal
AFAIK, go up to a group of KoF fans and ask who they hate the most, and don't be surprised when most of them agree on Bao.
#3  March 11, 2016, 08:11:24 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
AFAIK, go up to a group of KoF fans and ask who they hate the most, and don't be surprised when most of them agree on Bao.

no kidding but I reckon KoF fans hate momoko just as much as they hate bao
#4  March 11, 2016, 06:12:12 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
nah, momoko has genuine fans; it's really hard to find someone who picks bao because he genuinely likes him adn not just to annoy the other person (or use it's 2k1 infinite).
#5  March 11, 2016, 06:42:53 pm
And I tought that Bao was kinda popular since he appeared a lot in that manga series called Yuri and friends :P I can say that I genuinely like him. he is fun to use, has a nice design and personality in my opinion. Momoko on the other side, I don't like her. For worst additions I would say: Seth from Street Fighter, Alpha from DOA, Dural from Virtual Fighter and the last boss from KOF XIII I dont even remember his name, I suposse that I find the nudist characters with borrowed special moves, or with few animations or personality lacking very boring.

Best additions well I would said that all the cast from Garou Mark of the Wolves, all the cast from Street Fighter III and all the cast from Groove on Fight. I just love new generations I guess, being the exception Soul Calibur V :S
Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:27:29 pm by Saizo Hattori
#6  March 11, 2016, 07:21:44 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
While it did not work I feel 3rd Strike got one of the best roster. Another one would SFV since every character can be good and also because of the variety
I like Garou roster but I would have like to see that other grappler that was going to appear in 2 with Mr Karate 2 and joe higashi
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#7  March 11, 2016, 10:43:11 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Kobra, Kira, Hotaro, Dairou, Darrius in Mortal Kombat Deception. Terrible designs and most of them borrowed fighting styles from other characters in MK Deadly Alliance.
#8  March 11, 2016, 10:51:59 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
 worst = Dan. A character with big potential but wasted to turn into a joke character
#9  March 12, 2016, 12:13:27 am
    • Brazil
UMvC3 - M.O.D.O.K., She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Hawkeye, Rocket Raccoon, Tron Bonne, Zero and Spencer. All horrible choices in comparison to others available (specially Tron and Zero, since Megaman himself did not make it in).

Capcom Fighting Evolution - Jedah, Pyron (really? At least add a new boss) and Hydron (this thing made it in instead of Tessa or Mai-Ling).

USF4 - Rufus, Seth, Hakan and Oni, do I even have to say why?

MKX - Alien, Jason, Leatherface, Predator (oversaturation of guests), Bo'rai Cho (specially considering that Rain, Baraka and Sindel were fully functional characters in the game).
#10  March 12, 2016, 12:26:25 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
UMvC3 - M.O.D.O.K., She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Hawkeye, Rocket Raccoon, Tron Bonne, Zero and Spencer. All horrible choices in comparison to others available (specially Tron and Zero, since Megaman himself did not make it in).

Interestingly you mention a bunch of characters I was very excited to see in the game (except M.O.D.O.K., but at least he was unique gameplay wise)

The Only Characters I didn't like in UMVC3 was X23, Hsien-Ko, (demitri or Jedah would've been better choices, but she is not that bad, really) and Brainwashed Jill. Jill was fine, but brainwashed Jill was dumb in the first place, I didn't need to be reminded of it in this game.

Capcom Fighting Evolution - Jedah,

What's wrong with Jedah? One of the best Darkstalkers Characters IMO.

#11  March 12, 2016, 12:30:06 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
UMvC3 - Taskmaster, Hawkeye, Rocket Raccoon, Zero. All horrible choices in comparison to others available (specially Zero, since Megaman himself did not make it in).

OK, I can't really say anything about Spencer because my knowledge of Bionic Commando isn't very good, and Tron Bonne/She-Hulk/MODOK aren't my faves, but for the rest, are you for real?

And what the devil is "since Megaman himself did not make it in" supposed to mean? That's not really a viable way to explain why Zero/Tron Bonne were horrible choices.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:37:28 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#12  March 12, 2016, 12:30:52 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil

I took 4 years to realize that Bao was "he" and not "she", and yes, i hate him too.
Lasagna
#13  March 12, 2016, 12:38:59 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#14  March 12, 2016, 12:40:30 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
o u
#15  March 12, 2016, 01:49:16 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.

Yeah I disagree with pretty much everyone you mentioned. M.O.D.O.K is a really unique character in the MvC games with an interesting gameplay and Rocket Raccoon is a badass (hard to play but still a great addition to the series).

Also Megaman not being in does not automatically make Tron and Zero horrible choices. It may be due to how I particularly dislike Megaman's moveset design in the Marvel games but those two characters are good additions to represent their respective series.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#16  March 12, 2016, 01:49:57 am
MI2 Armor Ralf
KoF03 Ash Crimson
MKDA Mokap
MvSF Norimaro
SFxT Bad Box Art Megaman

All were great additions to their respective games. This is indeed a serious answer.
Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:52:58 am by GS-Niitris

lui

#17  March 12, 2016, 01:58:55 am
    • USA
just take out remy in the SF3 series and that roster would be golden

pretty much all of the characters deception and onwards besides onaga should just fuck off in armageddon, armageddon itself should die too lol
#18  March 12, 2016, 02:40:18 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

Golden War Machine in... MvC1 I think, correct me if I'm wrong...

A bit of a stretch, but, Wolf and most of the DLC in Smash 4.

Personally, I can't stand Twelve in 3rd Strike... He didn't really fit "Street Fighter", a morphing clone thing, he must've escaped from Darkstalkers or something.

lui

#19  March 12, 2016, 02:43:15 am
    • USA
wolf isn't in smash 4....
#20  March 12, 2016, 03:05:20 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
just take out remy in the SF3 series and that roster would be golden

pretty much all of the characters deception and onwards besides onaga should just fuck off in armageddon, armageddon itself should die too lol

hey, hey! havik is good

also who the hell said she-hulk being in a fighting game was a bad choice