YesNoOk

MK vs SF chun li beta and Gouken update released. (Read 21306 times)

Started by alexlexus, March 29, 2008, 03:40:48 am
Share this topic:
Re: MK vs SF chun li beta and Gouken update released.
#41  March 31, 2008, 08:48:43 pm
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
nope all of it is legit, ive been with him since the beginning on it when he started coding from scratch
oh and while your at it, try pointing out faults of the character as opposed to alex and make it good feedback wise instead of just bitching about how you think stuff is stolen, everything in gouken save afew bits of code (which he has permission to use) was coded from scratch by alex
I never saw proof it wasn't stolen. With the way Alex acts, I don't trust that it isn't based on his word (No offense to you, though)

I already pointed out faults of his Gouken. And my feedback got completely ignored. - Other people gave lengthy feedback, too. And I believe alex ignored all of their posts. - Why would I keep wasting my time giving feedback when the author doesn't even respond or listen, and just keeps screwing up worse and worse. (I don't expect everything or even most of what I suggest to be done or anything, but alex has pretty much made it clear any feedback that isn't whoa tyght shyt man +1" Is subject being deemed "rude" And bad.)
#42  March 31, 2008, 08:55:06 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
its possible he ignored it, its also possible that he was overwhelmed and got a portion of it done and forgot to finish the rest, and it isnt stolen, email j-lee yourself or ask alex to provide a screenshot of his permission, but its insulting to alex to say that he steals
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#43  March 31, 2008, 09:31:22 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
^ I dont have a problem with anything or anybody, but I hope you wasn't quoting me there. I just figured that it was a bit weird to see how he didn't know how to fix playerpush. I know he's busy with other things but I, on be half of my defense, not only provide verbal and picture feedback, but also took time to record a video. All was posted on Infantry. I for one didn't know what all the hype was about untill I tested the character to find things that should be a quick fix. My feedback was a while back and I found it slightly funny to see that he didnt know how to add in playerpush after all this time and apperantely after a few updates on Gouken as well.

I dont know who stole what from whom nor does it matter to me. Alex can do his own thing on his own time and make character as he sees fit. Everyone is entitled to that.

I am not taking anybodies sides and to be honest I wish I had time to test chun li and gouken some more because I think feedback is important (any way given) if its constructive feedback then its good. If its feedback that sounds harsh and assholish then I think it should make a creator stronger and try to produce good product. Since I am graduating in 6 days I can't be bothered but I really want to. In the end I think alex makes hastly releases w/o trying to find and fix problems by himself, thus not expanding his coding troubleshooting.

I really didn't want to reply to this thread and though it would be best to stay out of it but when I see alex being labeled as a "Mugen Creator" on a few forums I think to my self. What makes a creator? Titles are worthless. I can be a Mugen Creator aswell then and so can a person who makes a stick figure character.

We know who real and persistent creators are and thats why they dont reply to shet like this.

#44  March 31, 2008, 09:40:09 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
when I see alex being labeled as a "Mugen Creator" on a few forums I think to my self. What makes a creator? Titles are worthless. I can be a Mugen Creator aswell then and so can a person who makes a stick figure character.

We know who real and persistent creators are and thats why they dont reply to shet like this.

Yep. It's just a membergroup.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#45  March 31, 2008, 10:11:49 pm
    • Canada
Some feedback for Gouken.

No offense but the stance is pretty ugly. It's way to jerky as of now especially his belt. There's only 2 animations for that. It should be converted to his original standing stance or have more sprites drawn.

Pulse needs to go. That stuff should only be in supers.

During dash in and out, there shouldn't be a swing sound (The sound when you attempt a punch).

The intro that shakes the ground until startup, should not shake the ground. It also lasts way too long. It should end after a couple seconds, not when the fight begins

Cr. Roundhouse looks extremely awkward, at least the motion. It's way too slow. It should have slow start up but once the leg is extended it should be a swift movement.

Strong shoryu is weaker than his jab shoryu. The two should be swapped.

Short tatsu goes farther than his Forward tatsu which goes farther than his roundhouse tatsu. The first and last should be switched.

His Kongouko-Kuretsuzan style super has no start up sound. Also when it lands, you may want to add some slowdown before the actual hit.

Not sure why his overhead chop causes envshake. Also by personal preference it should be F+Mp instead of B+MP.

Strong Fierce combo happens way too fast. There should be some delay between hits.

Way too much startup time for normal hadous.

Gouken can juggle infinitely with Cr. Strong in the corner, and there are tons of moves/setups that allow him to do this. Of the ones I discovered are MP (should be lp) shoryu, QCF+k move, Messatsu Goushoryu style super.

Aura Blast (D D D Any punch) move has far too much start up time for it to be of any use. Perhaps make it an overhead but not an unblockable.

Tenma Gouzanku style super should be a multi hitting super of 5 hits. Same with his Messatsu GouHadou which only hits 3 times. (Personal Preference = PP)

His normals shouldn't do any chip damage (PP)

You should be able to link a move after Close MK (PP)

His Dive Kick should not knock down opponent (PP).

If you're going for Third Strike style, his Cr short should link to itself. He'll aslo need a UOH.

And most, if not all moves need that push back from the corner. This may solve the infinite juggle problem.

So yea, I wouldn't call this final just yet.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:18:14 pm by Shift b is B
#46  March 31, 2008, 10:44:12 pm
  • Candy Princess
its possible he ignored it, its also possible that he was overwhelmed and got a portion of it done and forgot to finish the rest, and it isnt stolen, email j-lee yourself or ask alex to provide a screenshot of his permission, but its insulting to alex to say that he steals
He absolutely ignored it since he had replied to stuff after the posts got made.

I'm not going to email J lee. I have nothing to do with the creation of that character, nor am I the mugen police. So it isn't my job or even place to be emailing people about stuff like that. - It would have been smart for Alex to give proof, to avoid the talk of theft that was birthed from him never mentioning he was using somebody else's character as a base, let alone giving proof he got their approval for it.

At any rate though, it doesn't matter since guild dealt away with their rules on stolen work. So either way there's little to be said about it, though if alex doesn't want to be titled a thief on top of everything else he probably should provide some creditable proof about permission to use that character.

@ LaQuak

He was talking to me. I apologize for quoting your post and involving you in this.

I probably shouldn't have posted here, myself. but -shrugs- Damn my firey personality.
#47  March 31, 2008, 10:50:53 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
so you continue to title him a theif even though you are too lazy to see for yourself if he is telling the truth(ie email the origional author)
thats kinda sad
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#48  March 31, 2008, 11:06:50 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Laxxe, this is a lost cost, it's clear that this person only commented in this thread because of personal issues he/she has with alex since this is obviously an issue that started from MI, according to an earlier post by the same person, and this person wants to carry it on at another forum outside of MI. Besides the more you try to get your point across, the more the missfary or w/e that persons name is will continue to post to counter your comments and get the last comment like I stated earlier.

Just let it go and ignore it and continue to help out alex like you always have.

Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:11:59 pm by Ninno -29-
#49  March 31, 2008, 11:09:55 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Almost all of alex's thread become flamewars. ;P
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#50  March 31, 2008, 11:10:43 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
lol, and I wonder who played a big part in them? :P
#51  March 31, 2008, 11:34:15 pm
  • Candy Princess
Laxxe, this is a lost cost, it's clear that this person only commented in this thread because of personal issues he/she has with alex since this is obviously an issue that started from MI, according to an earlier post by the same person, and this person wants to carry it on at another forum outside of MI. Besides the more you try to get your point across, the more the missfary or w/e that persons name is will continue to post to counter your comments and get the last comment like I stated earlier.

Just let it go and ignore it and continue to help out alex like you always have.

I don't have any "issues" With alex, actually. In fact I don't even care about him. However, I post in alot of different creation threads sometimes, and I've only kept posting here because people were conversing with me.

I never cared about "the last word". (I mentioned that before as sarcasm since I figured you made that statement about not wanting the last word as an attempt to prove that I did if I posted back since I was the only one at the opposite end of your posts. Unfortunately that failed miserably since games kids play online don't really interest me.) 
I replied because I had something to say. This isn't high school, so please stop trying to turn the situation into stuff you'd expect in one.

Thanks.

@ Laxxe

Lolz, I just said it isn't my place or business to be emailing people over that.

I have no investment or relation in/to that character.
I don't have authority over this forum so my personal feelings on theft aren't relevant.
This forum has no rules against code theft.

What part of that didn't you understand the first time?

I call Alex a thief because, from the evidence shown he probably is one. Outside of that I couldn't care less, and it isn't because of "laziness". It's because, unlike some people, I actually have a life that has absolutely zero to do with mugen. And that life is far more interesting to me then sitting on my computer emailing people to confirm if a character for a do it yourself fighting game engine is stolen or not.

If and when I see proof that stuff wasn't stolen I'll stop referring to it as such. Until then, I'll call it like the evidence indicates and nothing more, or less.
#52  March 31, 2008, 11:42:52 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
Out standing thatn you so much.

ÀÌÁ¾Âù <kmorkah@hanmail.net> wrote: Yes, But.

You must be write "based on Conversion World's sf3Chunli " in your Homepage and your Readme files, We'll permit to use our works.

Conversion World J.Lee

---------[ ¹ÞÀº ¸ÞÀÏ ³»¿ë ]----------
Á¦¸ñ: Re: [RE]Need permission to use your chun li ( to make MK vs SF Chun li, i am the creator of Gouken)
³¯Â¥: 2008³â 1¿ù 21ÀÏ ¿ù¿äÀÏ, ¿ÀÈÄ 13½Ã 04ºÐ 24ÃÊ +0900
º¸³½ÀÌ: alex elmera <alexlexus2000@yahoo.com>
¹Þ´ÂÀÌ: "ÀÌÁ¾Âù" <kmorkah@hanmail.net>

Iwas a bit confused, id you say yes?

ÀÌÁ¾Âù<kmorkah@hanmail.net> wrote: Good work.

Sorry,you wanted sprites and snd and small code, it is all of chunli.

But,you mention "based Chunli is Conversion World" written Homepage and Readme files, We permission to use my works.

---------[¹ÞÀº ¸ÞÀÏ ³»¿ë ]----------
Á¦¸ñ:Need permission to use your chun li ( to make MK vs SF Chun li, i am the creator of Gouken)
³¯Â¥:2008³â 1¿ù 19ÀÏ Åä¿äÀÏ, ¿ÀÀü 02½Ã 59ºÐ 30ÃÊ +0900
º¸³½ÀÌ:alex elmera <alexlexus2000@yahoo.com>
¹Þ´ÂÀÌ:kmorkah@hanmail.net

hellomy name is alex and i just made gouken out of GM's sf3 gouki, and now i plan on making mk vs sf chun li. all i really need are the sprites and snd and small code. i already built her base from scratch but this will help me finish what i started. from on creator to another i hope you can help me. here is a video of what i can do code wise. and i hope you grant me acess. you will be fully credited. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6C4SbzEt4 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

[³ªÀǶóÀ̺귯¸®, ÇѸÞÀÏ] ¾Ë·Ï´Þ·Ï~ ¸ÞÀÏ¿¡ º°Ç¥½ÃÇϱ⠾÷±×·¹À̵å!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is part one you have to read it from buttom to top

this is more of part two and more clear since there was a language barrier
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[glow=red,2,300]Yes, But.

You must be write "based on Conversion World's sf3Chunli " in your Homepage and your Readme files, We'll permit to use our works.

Conversion World J.Lee [/glow]

---------[ ¹ÞÀº ¸ÞÀÏ ³»¿ë ]----------
Á¦¸ñ: Re: [RE]Need permission to use your chun li ( to make MK vs SF Chun li, i am the creator of Gouken)
³¯Â¥: 2008³â 1¿ù 21ÀÏ ¿ù¿äÀÏ, ¿ÀÈÄ 13½Ã 04ºÐ 24ÃÊ +0900
º¸³½ÀÌ: alex elmera <alexlexus2000@yahoo.com>
¹Þ´ÂÀÌ: "ÀÌÁ¾Âù" <kmorkah@hanmail.net>

Iwas a bit confused, id you say yes?

ÀÌÁ¾Âù<kmorkah@hanmail.net> wrote: Good work.

Sorry,you wanted sprites and snd and small code, it is all of chunli.

But,you mention "based Chunli is Conversion World" written Homepage and Readme files, [glow=red,2,300]We permission to use my works. [/glow]

---------[¹ÞÀº ¸ÞÀÏ ³»¿ë ]----------
Á¦¸ñ:Need permission to use your chun li ( to make MK vs SF Chun li, i am the creator of Gouken)
³¯Â¥:2008³â 1¿ù 19ÀÏ Åä¿äÀÏ, ¿ÀÀü 02½Ã 59ºÐ 30ÃÊ +0900
º¸³½ÀÌ:alex elmera <alexlexus2000@yahoo.com>
¹Þ´ÂÀÌ:kmorkah@hanmail.net

hellomy name is alex and i just made gouken out of GM's sf3 gouki, and now i plan on making mk vs sf chun li. all i really need are the sprites and snd and small code. i already built her base from scratch but this will help me finish what i started. from on creator to another i hope you can help me. here is a video of what i can do code wise. and i hope you grant me acess. you will be fully credited. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6C4SbzEt4 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

[³ªÀǶóÀ̺귯¸®, ÇѸÞÀÏ] ¾Ë·Ï´Þ·Ï~ ¸ÞÀÏ¿¡ º°Ç¥½ÃÇϱ⠾÷±×·¹À̵å!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

to all those who called me a Theif FUCK YOU!!!!!!
there is the proof and feel stupid in the process mother fuckers.

aaahhhhhhhhhhhh that felt good.

anyways please get back to the feed back i simply forgot to fix the def file and the readme when uploading.
i'm under alot of stress with my personal life and been forgeting little things. i'm sorry really.
nMo new generation of mugen exposure
Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:51:30 pm by alexlexus
#53  March 31, 2008, 11:51:41 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
If you can, post a screenshot of the email.

It will be more convincing and it might keep unwanted attention from surfacing. Sadly though, I highly doubt that.

@missfary, if you don't care about alex as you said earlier, why frequent this thread and making the situation even worse than it already is?
Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:55:27 pm by Ninno -29-
#54  April 01, 2008, 12:00:23 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
all sounds fair as for chun li but gouken is built from the ground up with
Fighter fatory template. chun li was just a beta to see how the gun was going to be received.
still waiting on that feedback.

also i was told gouken needs pushback in the corner and i think fair mentioned it
how do i put that in? thi way it will get rid of the infinates.

Still no pushback on gouken? Been a while I guess and you got other things as priorities.
Don't take this the wrong way, but how do you not know how to get rid of pushback? It's one of the main things people look at. It was one of the main/first things I noticed as far as infinitnes on Gouken when I gave you my feedback. I mean your eather a contributer on MI one site, on one club syndicate you have Mugen Creator status, yet something simple like pushback you're asking how to do?

Play around with ground.velocity with a negative x value, ground.slidetime and ground ground.cornerpush.veloff

Ohhhhh something simple that i thought was complicated. lol i think i was under too much pressure from trying to make him fight that the small task were scary to me.
#55  April 01, 2008, 12:21:30 am
i dont think you needed to prove yourself or draft yourself into arguments that preceed the topic. its because of drama like this that your topics seem to be clouded in negativity. best thing to do is ignore and recognise what is helpful and respond to that. anyways keep on keeping on
#56  April 01, 2008, 12:22:28 am
  • Candy Princess
to all those who called me a Theif FUCK YOU!!!!!!
there is the proof and feel stupid in the process mother fuckers.

aaahhhhhhhhhhhh that felt good.

anyways please get back to the feed back i simply forgot to fix the def file and the readme when uploading.
i'm under alot of stress with my personal life and been forgeting little things. i'm sorry really.
Glad to see how worked up you got over that darling.  :)

@ Ninno

I mainly kept replying since people were conversing with me. Beyond that I guess I just did since I didn't feel like withdrawing myself from the topic yet. (Mainly since the manner in which Alex handles stuff makes me laugh harder every time another one of these episodes occurs )
#57  April 01, 2008, 12:26:54 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
@fairy i think you want to go out on a date or something lmao. just ask i won't say no hahahahaha.

pushback being done soon as for the feedback from shift b
thanks that is really good for how feedback should be given
even if i know i won't always get it that way.
aslo if i offened anyone by making it look like i was
ignoring feedback i am sorry. it was so much that i was getting
at one time to fix on gouken that i could not humanly
fix them all at once. doing it each task one at a time.
it's alot of work.
#58  April 01, 2008, 12:28:13 am
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
heh, understandable.

@alex, now hopefully all of this madness is over with, Seems like you received some helpful feedback.
Anyway I hope the next update will have those errors fixed and best of luck.

-SyN-
#59  April 01, 2008, 12:36:27 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
heh, understandable.

@alex, now hopefully all of this madness is over with, Seems like you received some helpful feedback.
Anyway I hope the next update will have those errors fixed and best of luck.

-SyN-

we also need to have our character do some interaction or something like intros.
i am a fan of your work and dante was a great task with the strider coding.
you laxxe and shinra are the best.
#60  April 01, 2008, 12:44:07 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/

here is the screen shot.