YesNoOk

Mai Released / Updated Iori and God Rugal (Read 13263 times)

Started by Hero, May 23, 2011, 10:15:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Beta Mai / Updated Iori
#21  May 24, 2011, 06:41:23 am
Actually [E] told me about a method that can save a LOT of time doing the fix... but don't count with it too soon.

take your time , i know your hands are full with mai now and other less important things irl. focus on the coding first and if you can persuade other people to do shading for you.

people it seems we are making such a big fuss about iori's shoes remember... mai's BOOBS are more important than some emo guy's shoes.
#22  May 24, 2011, 06:54:28 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
#23  May 24, 2011, 06:50:26 pm
NICE job fixing Iori, and once again, you've seriously humbled yourself by calling this Mai a beta. The only thing I can say is even a little off is that the Hana Arashi move always fully connected if the first hit was successful in KOF. I know she's a custom/CvS-styled Mai, but that move was only in KOF, so its properties from that game should be respected. Basically, the hitbox on the last part of the move needs to be a little taller.

On a more general note, I suppose I could say that your grabs still need a little tweaking. A little more recovery time would make sense, as well as a little more startup on whichever grab is more damaging. The hard kick grabs in CvS2 actually took five frames to come out, since they were all more damaging than the hard punch grabs (except for Sagat's stupid knee kick hold which could easily be escaped before doing even as much damage as his actual throw).

*EDIT*

Sorry, your Mai has COMPLETELY invincible rolls. Like, you can't even grab her. I'm going to give you a little info on Hitby and Nothitby controllers: If you actually type in SCA as the first value for a Nothitby, it ignores any following parameters and just assumes you want EVERYTHING to not hit the character. In order to get a Nothitby to work properly with SCA as that value, you have to NOT put anything there except a comma. You have to do the exact opposite with Hitby controllers (always type in SCA if you want it, NEVER omit it), or THEY will assume you don't want ANYTHING to hit the character.

You should only be using Hitby controllers with Rolls/Dodges, anyway. Less coding. Just use SCA, AT as the value.

Actually, there is one more thing I should mention. Rolls in both KOF and CvS always had a fully vunerable period at the end. It should be at least 2 frames, if not more, so the trigger should be time = 0 and the time parameter should be at least 2 frames less than the duration of the animation.

Example:

[State 910, hb]
type=hitby
trigger1= time = 0
value=SCA,AT
time=24

Other than that, nice job. Keep up the good work.
"I'll change MY direction! Yeah." - Benimaru
Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:36:05 pm by benimarucollider
#24  May 24, 2011, 08:22:05 pm
    • Chile
About rolls, yeah, I forget to fix that issue (dunno why, it's very important and I don't remember why I forgot it o_o). In the 6º frame she does have 27 ticks (the real time of invincibility in cvs2), and 4 frames of recovery for the last one. So a total of 31 tick, she travels 113 pixels, cause in the last one, she don't move. Iori could have the same issue, I'll check.

In Hana Arashi I coul use a custom state for the "rising" movement, or a taller clsn1 would work. I'm adressing the throw suggestion too.

GOH

#25  May 25, 2011, 01:23:26 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
This is too good to be a beta. And it comes with a bonus: boobs! D:

2 things. Mai can't dodge roll while running. I believe God Rugal had that issue too, and it's possible in CVS2 and I think KOF too.

Another thing, but this is a personal point though.

The sprite intro edit on the right doesn't look good IMO. I mean look at that hair and face. :S

Thanks for the release Hero, you've improved a lot. That custom combo bar is dope btw. :sugoi:
#26  May 25, 2011, 02:10:29 am
    • Chile
Adressed the first issue. If you want a quick fix by yourself, open the CMD, check for the changetstate "[State -1, Slide/Dodge]", and in the last line, where it says "ctrl" change by "var(6)". I fixed it already.

And the second... well, I don't see any specially wrong :P, amybe I'll retouch some sprites by Dampir in the future.
#27  May 25, 2011, 03:14:13 am
  • Winning. <3
Love being a Raider :)

#28  May 25, 2011, 05:17:52 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
This is too good to be a beta. And it comes with a bonus: boobs! D:

2 things. Mai can't dodge roll while running. I believe God Rugal had that issue too, and it's possible in CVS2 and I think KOF too.

Another thing, but this is a personal point though.

The sprite intro edit on the right doesn't look good IMO. I mean look at that hair and face. :S

Thanks for the release Hero, you've improved a lot. That custom combo bar is dope btw. :sugoi:

this one its just user her normal intro(maybe chun-li one too) as model, isn't hard do this

GOH

#29  May 26, 2011, 12:38:56 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Absolutely loved Iori btw. Shiki 306: Saika is so fucking hard to do. LOL. =P

2OS

#30  May 26, 2011, 01:18:57 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
#31  May 26, 2011, 01:29:45 am
    • Chile

2OS

#32  May 26, 2011, 02:32:25 am
  • 608 Wannabe
    • Egypt
I was recalling and referring to SVC, not KOF, I had forgot her voice plays there, it's been a while, lol.

But for when you select her in SVC, a sound is made where her cloth rustles and she's silent, better that way IMO, especially since her official CVS intro has the official voice set up for it.
#33  May 26, 2011, 03:45:06 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Ah, for the run and roll, you have two options:

1. How CvS does it: no change in velocity.
2. How KoF does it: increases the velocity (I forgot the exact value though)
#34  May 26, 2011, 03:48:26 am
    • USA
3+ on vel x (ONLY on forward roll).
#35  May 26, 2011, 09:28:09 pm
    • Chile
But for when you select her in SVC, a sound is made where her cloth rustles and she's silent.

What? In the select screen, Mai don't say anything, but that applies to Ryu, Kyo, Ken, and ALL characters...

Ah, for the run and roll, you have two options:

1. How CvS does it: no change in velocity.
2. How KoF does it: increases the velocity (I forgot the exact value though)

Thanks, I'll implement CvS I think  :P

2OS

#36  May 26, 2011, 09:46:31 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
    • Egypt
I'm well aware, lol.
Re: Mai Released / Updated Iori
#37  May 29, 2011, 05:57:06 am
    • Chile
Bumping to say Mai was updated to Release. Check first post or readme to check updates. Iori will take longer, as well Orochi Iori. God Rugal should be updated very soon.
Re: Mai Released / Updated Iori
#38  June 01, 2011, 06:55:19 pm
  • How about I slap yo shit onto the Dark Dimension?
Bumping to say Mai was updated to Release. Check first post or readme to check updates. Iori will take longer, as well Orochi Iori. God Rugal should be updated very soon.

I love it
I also really love your Iori! Definitely my favorite
Now I know the AI isn't important, and I really hate characters with ridiculously hard AI's, but your Iori's seems to have a problem, or I don't know if you did this on purpose, but basically he doesn't attack at all.
I don't care if his AI is good or not, but I would like it if he at least attacked you
Maybe removing that issue and leave it with no AI until you decide to do it will help?
Other than that, I love his effects, I love his attacks and everything, as well as all your characters!
Expecting an update for God Rugal too :D
Keep up the good work! You are my Hero!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Re: Mai Released / Updated Iori and God Rugal
#39  June 01, 2011, 11:59:55 pm
    • Chile
God Rugal Updated. Fix most of the problems, if not all  :)
Re: Mai Released / Updated Iori and God Rugal
#40  June 02, 2011, 03:25:45 am
  • Was it something I said?
When Iori get's K.O.ed, if he is hit more than once, he will suddenly stop his death cry.

Also, the Cheap K.O. needs to be fixed (See PotS Shin Gouki's Misogi for more info)

Other than that, good release.

Will test Mai and God Rugal.