YesNoOk

Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE (Read 643820 times)

Started by Tiger-Boy, February 09, 2022, 03:33:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE
#161  September 28, 2022, 05:15:48 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
This is looking awesome! Keep it up!  :o
#162  September 29, 2022, 10:34:47 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
Hello again;
the updates are looking great,
Take care man

Take care
Hope you are safe

Thank you both!
Fortunately, where I live it was not that much affected by the winds and extended rains, but I was with no electric power for almost 8 days. So, I went to stay at my sister's home, and she not only had an Electric Power Generator, but also a laptop I could use for work, and to download Fighter Factory. And since I had a backup of my computer's files (including MUGEN) I was able to continue to work on this char.

During the day, I would do work, and go out to assist others during these hard times.
But at night, I worked on Cammy, which helped me to take my mind out of the present situation, and relax before I go to sleep.
One more reason to Love Mugen.  ;D

And now, for the updates:

EDITED SPRITES:
Not much to report here. apart from continuing this project. Yet, I wanted to show you more of the changes that I am making.

These images show the character to have extremely long arms, something that has bothered me since I started to work on this char. And this is from Capcom! I understand that this Cammy is based on SFA, and therefore has a 'cartoonish' look. Still, I lowered the length of the arms. They still look 'stretched', but not as much as before. And before anyone asks, yes, I edited the Red-Hit-Box too.  ;D

Here, I am showing how I changed important details, like the round shield on the left gauntlet, that was created too small.

VS CHUN-LI:
Here is a Fun-Fact about this Cammy; Originally, she had a special intro when facing Chun-Li. She had an animation, and coding, but it was not activated, and the animations does not exist. If I am not mistaken, it was supposed to be a 'salute' gesture, just as she does when fighting Guile. I had some ideas of what intro to do, but there were no sprite that would help. But that changed while adding missing sprites. And with some special editing, I managed to create a special intro VS Chun-Li:

Basically, Cammy will tease Chun-Li with fast kicks and a mock of her stance. But with a smile, she shows it is just a prank, and exchanges a smile before the fight.

SSF2 STANCE RE-MAKE:
Another thing I did is to give an extreme remake to the original SSF2 stance that was made for this char many years ago.

Now, she will have 3 different stands:
-SSF2
-SSF2-Alpha Style
-SF4

I will have to find a way for all three to be chosen in the CONFIG file, since only two can be chosen at the moment. So, this is on my 'To-Do' list.

Anyway, here is another update Video:

That will be all for now.

Until Next Time!  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 05:27:14 pm by Tiger-Boy
#163  September 29, 2022, 11:16:32 pm
    • USA
its looking quite nice so far! I say, if you want to make a more authentic SSF2 stance, look at how the arms, legs and hair animate, and try to replicate that

#164  October 04, 2022, 01:36:06 am
  • Wandering....
#165  October 16, 2022, 04:55:26 am
Welcome back nice update

Thanks!  ;D

Hello again;

This project continues...  :muttrox:

Although I am working on this char in the order that the sprites are in the file, I have been wanting to add the 'Lie Down Hit' Animation that has been missing from this char. This animation is mostly noticed when fighting the likes of Bison, that lands on other's stomachs:

The regular animation that was present was the 'Bounce from floor' animation, which is not the same.

I have also taken the opportunity to add the Sangue=Passare animation, since it was easier than I thought:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Thanks to Xenomic for his help.  :sugoi:

Here is another Update Video:

That is all for now.

Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 05:48:00 am by Tiger-Boy
#166  October 16, 2022, 03:29:02 pm
im so excited for this cammy! i cant wait to finally play her!
#167  October 30, 2022, 05:19:10 am
Hello again;

Another quick update:

Still, more edited frames... :suttrox:

While updating the 'Attack' frames, I've noticed that there is a lot of 'Blurr'. It's understandable, since the original SFA Cammy was supposed to be fast. But although some 'blurrs' are acceptable, others have become unnecessary. I believe Momotaro mentioned something about this a while ago.

There are the Transition Blurs, which can be necessary, and there are the 'Actual-Hit' blurs, which I find have no sense. Again, it is supposed to make the character look 'fast', but it actually makes the extremity look stretched, and this char by design, has already some 'stretched' animations, which I even had to cut down a bit. 

Most would not even notice this, due to the Hit-Sparks, but if they are removed, the 'blur' frames are there. So, I will do my best to change the 'blur' on the 'Actual-Hit' frames. I will not remove the Blur frames, only add edited frames without the blurs, and use them in the animations. The 'blur' frames will stay in the SSF file. :mhappy:

Here is another update Video:

That is all for now.

#168  October 30, 2022, 05:29:24 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Great!!
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#169  October 30, 2022, 09:17:06 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thanks for keeping the blurr frames in the SFF. :)
I hate when content is deleted in an update.

A have nothing against blurr effects, but they should never be used in a frame that have a hitbox,
Because it means it will be paused on hit or guard...

But usually in fighting games, they are always used in transition frames.
#170  October 30, 2022, 01:31:31 pm

A have nothing against blurr effects, but they should never be used in a frame that have a hitbox,
Because it means it will be paused on hit or guard...

But usually in fighting games, they are always used in transition frames.

Hey Momotaro! Good to know from you again!  :bjugoi:

As I mentioned, transitory frames, which are the frames before the actual hits, will be likely left in the animation, since they mostly make the animation look fluent. The issue is in the actual-hit frames (the ones that have the hitbox). These ones will be more likely worked on, because I have seen how the game pauses at this particular frame, making it look like Cammy's foot just went 'splat' when she hit the opponent.  ;D

Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 02:14:30 pm by Tiger-Boy
#171  October 30, 2022, 01:34:20 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

I'm kinda curious on the estimate completion % on her. The updates just keep coming, man!
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#172  October 30, 2022, 01:51:44 pm
I'm kinda curious on the estimate completion % on her. The updates just keep coming, man!

Hey RagingRowen!

I am at the moment working on her attacks. I estimate about 48% completion. But keep in mind that the 'fall-down' animations are mostly repeated, so the completion percentage should be more than that.

Regarding time, I can't say how long it will take, since most animations either have missing frames, or the animations are completely missing, replaced by similar animations already in the SFF File. And as you can imagine, this takes time, more than I anticipated at the beginning.

My Hope is to make this initial release before the year's end. But I can't guarantee this.

Once this initial release is done, I will work on adding more animations, provided by DrPotem's spritesheet, and fixing any new issues:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/cammy-color-separation-and-sfv-moves-updated-04082022-195952.0.html

When this second update is done, I will take a rest.  ;D

Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 02:49:20 pm by Tiger-Boy
#173  November 03, 2022, 09:19:28 pm
Ok, so I did say I would wait for the actual frames to be edited before adding new ones, but I could not hold back.  ;D

The sprite-sheet from DrPotem has so many interesting and new frames, that I just had to add the Dash/'Short-jump' animation (not edited yet), just to see how it looks. I have no complaints at all.

Here is a comparison: New one vs old one:

2 Additional Small updates:

See you guys next time!  :bjugoi:

Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 02:37:35 am by Tiger-Boy
#174  November 08, 2022, 12:51:15 am
  • Wandering....
Does she still have her RED cape/coat intro?

It's kind of synonymous to her anime delta red character

You could also do something NEW and have the sprite animation of Juni/Juli as base for a new intro, like she is coming from the back of her enemies dashing through and throw her red cape/coat? in front of them as her new character intro before going in the other side of the screen.

Kinda took inspiration to her character introduction presentation in SF4 OVA, a homage

Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 01:06:38 am by The Shakunetsu
#175  November 08, 2022, 03:38:03 am
Does she still have her RED cape/coat intro?

It's kind of synonymous to her anime delta red character

Yes, she still has her coat intro. I would not dare remove it. It's one of my favorites.

You could also do something NEW and have the sprite animation of Juni/Juli as base for a new intro, like she is coming from the back of her enemies dashing through and throw her red cape/coat? in front of them as her new character intro before going in the other side of the screen.

Kinda took inspiration to her character introduction presentation in SF4 OVA, a homage

That's a good idea. DrPotem has some 'speed' frames on Cammy's sprite-sheet that can be used for that effect.

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the advise,  :bjugoi:

#176  November 08, 2022, 01:07:12 pm
  • Wandering....

That's a good idea. DrPotem has some 'speed' frames on Cammy's sprite-sheet that can be used for that effect.

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the advise,  :bjugoi:

Thank you very much man, for considering it.
#177  November 12, 2022, 03:24:09 am

#178  November 13, 2022, 08:33:33 pm
  • Wandering....
Thanks man, that looks great. 

Just making it kinda red or maroon. it would been perfect

that really is nostalgic to me with cammy to bad they didn't considered bring Delta Red Cammy in Alpha which is the perfect fit for that coat intro
Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 08:39:31 pm by The Shakunetsu
#179  November 13, 2022, 08:45:51 pm
    • Peru
Tiger-Boy, congratulations, It is a really nice intro, I like it a lot.
#180  November 14, 2022, 01:00:40 am
Thanks man, that looks great. 

Just making it kinda red or maroon. it would been perfect

that really is nostalgic to me with cammy to bad they didn't considered bring Delta Red Cammy in Alpha which is the perfect fit for that coat intro

That would depend entirely on the palette. That particular palette has her coat in a light-blue color. Several of her other palettes have the coat in red. So, you are covered.

Still, if you want to actually see it...

:bjugoi:

Tiger-Boy, congratulations, It is a really nice intro, I like it a lot.

I appreciate it. The idea has merit, and it does bring a certain nostalgia.

It may need some extra work, but I will keep it for the final release.