YesNoOk

I have a problem creating a character skill, please help :c (Read 3529 times)

Started by Dontuatua, November 04, 2022, 09:20:04 pm
Share this topic:
I have a problem creating a character skill, please help :c
#1  November 04, 2022, 09:20:04 pm
    • Peru
Hello everyone, my nickname is Dontuatua. This is my first publication. Lately I've become interested in this world of MUGEN again; especially in character creation. I am not a computer scientist but I am an amateur with a lot of dedication to learn . I tell you my problem so as not to bore you  .

I use Fighter Factory 3 (FF3) program to create my chars and i have most of it finished but I'm having problems with some skill sprites. As the most informed know, when you make a skill animation and you run the char in MUGEN, the program hide color black by default, something like this

(I know they are not the same sprites)

I want to make a black skill and i know the FF3 offers an option, this is select "subtraction" in the animation apart.

but this option is not what i want. i want to make a skill with range of greys something like this

whether I choose the option "subtraction" or not the game hide the color black and greys in this specific sprite and only show the white border of sprite ( idont know why)

I really want to know if is possible to change that color for hide by default. I think it has nothing to do with the color palette of the sprites (i use format .pcx in my sprites).

Please If someone knows how to do black skills withour use the "subtraction" option, it would help me a lot . thanks u.
Re: I have a problem creating a character skill, please help :c
#2  November 04, 2022, 11:05:20 pm
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
    • sites.google.com/view/gemeos-dos-jogos
Hello, how are you? Go to sprite editor and use the tools.

Just like we did in this tutorial we did (It's in Brazilian Portuguese, but just see what we did):
#3  November 05, 2022, 03:34:37 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
@Gêmeos dos Jogos: That tutorial isn't what he wants to do. He isn't trying to dye the sprite. He wants it black on screen.

@Dontuatua: I've tried something like this in the past. It's going to take layering of animations if you want the edges to fade. The Subtraction method can be used if you use another program to Invert the colors. Irfanview can do this color inversion easily.
When using Subtraction solid black will be solid, and solid white will be completely invisible. All the colors in between will have transparency based on how dark or bright they are.

I would suggest trying to merge 2 of the same sprites on top of each other. You would use one sprite for the transparent fade you want. Then use a second sprite for the solid black color you want.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
New #4  December 10, 2022, 02:49:17 am
  • I dress like your Great Great Grandfather.
If the effect used for the skill is a helper, you should be able to apply palfx and invert, then pull all color from the sprite and get your fade to white/grey.

edit:

Something like...

Code:
[State ##, PalFX]
type = PalFX
triggerall = ?
time = ?
mul = 100,100,100
invertall = 1
color = 0

? = I don't know what you need your trigger to be. :P

I'm not sure I'm reading your post correctly (it's been a long day) but what I THINK you want is for your subtract explod/helper to fire and for it to have a diffusion into white or grey. The anim transparency for this should be Addition. This is the white or grey part. The core will be invisible.

Edit x2:
I would suggest trying to merge 2 of the same sprites on top of each other. You would use one sprite for the transparent fade you want. Then use a second sprite for the solid black color you want.

This. I hadn't noticed Odb said it already. But this is what you want.
Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 02:54:57 am by Nocturnis