YesNoOk

Attacks with no damage stat? (Read 1714 times)

Started by 666Satan_Himself666, June 04, 2018, 04:34:48 AM
Share this topic:
Attacks with no damage stat?
#1  June 04, 2018, 04:34:48 AM
    • USA
I'm new to Fighter Factory, and i noticed that some attacks don't seem to have a direct damage stat for some reason, and i want to figure out how it works, and how to edit it.

Just in case there are multiple instances of this that are different, i'll just use one example and ask for the explanation of that, and if you want to mention others, go ahead.

Explain this to me like I know nothing about fighter factory.

The name of the character is "Akuma KOFA"

Akuma KOFA is a favorite of mine, mainly because its a version of akuma that uses the raging demon as a level 1 super instead of as a level 3.
The problem is that this specific move does too much damage, even compared to other supers, and i need to change it individually
I spend time looking through the code, learning how to use fighter factory, and i THINK i found the move, but it the damage stat is missing for some reason, everything else is there, but the damage isn't there.

The move is the D, F, D, F, "X" or "Y" move, i'm guessing its because the move doesn't do damage instantly and triggers something ELSE that does damage and the damage multiplier is there, but i have no idea what it is/where it is, can someone help out?
Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 07:23:18 AM by 666Satan_Himself666
Re: Attacks with no damage stat?
#2  June 04, 2018, 06:30:28 AM
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
The attack is either using targetlifeadd. Or its putting p2 in a custom state. Look for p2stateno or targetstate in the attacks code follow to the state in question and there will be a lifeadd in that

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  June 04, 2018, 07:24:48 AM
    • USA
The attack is either using targetlifeadd. Or its putting p2 in a custom state. Look for p2stateno or targetstate in the attacks code follow to the state in question and there will be a lifeadd in that

Yep, it was exactly that, I did notice there was 2 values to the damage, one higher then the other, im guessing this means "damage between these two values"?
#4  June 04, 2018, 09:37:10 AM
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Depends whats written really. Lifeadd.targetlifeadd do X damage each time they are triggered. Doesn't take 2 values iirc mugen will just ignore the second one if its set like value = 100, 200

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.