YesNoOk

Jon Talbain CVS/POTS Updated! (released in 12-16-2021) (Read 6273 times)

Started by Gêmeos dos Jogos, May 21, 2024, 03:35:12 am
Share this topic:
Jon Talbain CVS/POTS Updated! (released in 12-16-2021)
#1  May 21, 2024, 03:35:12 am
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
    • sites.google.com/view/gemeos-dos-jogos
Hello everyone, everything good? We updated Jon Talbain. We are very happy to launch his update. In addition to normal mode, we have added EX and Dark Talbain modes. We added some more Darkstalkers animations that were missing. We strive to make it great for you to use. We wanted to highlight that remaking Mirage Body was a lot of work. Anyway, again, we left it as we thought best.

We hope you like it a lot.

You can download this and other characters that we made.
Re: Jon Talbain CVS/POTS Updated! (released in 12-16-2021)
#2  May 21, 2024, 10:04:06 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Damn, this Jon seems pretty refined and might be worth keeping.
Being able to choose between the normal PotS formula or a PotS-stalkers mode akin to Jmm and PotS' own DS chars is a neat inclusion.

My only serious gripe with him is the damage output.

The main issue is that EX/ES moves deal the same damage between the normal and Darkstalkers modes. The damage on the latter could be raised a little to go along with the power cost increase.
One move that I think does too much damage, however, is ES Beast Cannon in Darkstalkers mode, coz you've got max damage that's about as much as a Level 3 Super.

Dragon Cannon could also do with a small damage increase overall.

Speaking of Dragon Cannon, this might just be intentional, but Jon can just walk under the Dragon Cannon coz the hurtbox is low enough.

Lastly, is there any changes with Dark Talbain worth mentioning? To me, he seems like a more limited version of his Normal mode.

But hey, I'll still be watching to see what else you're willing to tackle in this style.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  May 21, 2024, 05:31:24 pm
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
My only serious gripe with him is the damage output.

The main issue is that EX/ES moves deal the same damage between the normal and Darkstalkers modes. The damage on the latter could be raised a little to go along with the power cost increase.
One move that I think does too much damage, however, is ES Beast Cannon in Darkstalkers mode, coz you've got max damage that's about as much as a Level 3 Super.

Let's think about it and see what we think is best.

Dragon Cannon could also do with a small damage increase overall.

Maybe this will be useful.

Speaking of Dragon Cannon, this might just be intentional, but Jon can just walk under the Dragon Cannon coz the hurtbox is low enough.

We hadn't noticed that, but we're going to fix it.

Lastly, is there any changes with Dark Talbain worth mentioning? To me, he seems like a more limited version of his Normal mode.

Even we putting Dark Talbain with all the movements of all modes, but then we thought and changed it to look like Vampire Savior. Is it okay if we come back with this idea?

Let's look at all this and make the necessary changes.
#4  May 22, 2024, 02:53:25 pm
    • UK
Even we putting Dark Talbain with all the movements of all modes, but then we thought and changed it to look like Vampire Savior. Is it okay if we come back with this idea?

You mean the original plan for Dark was to make him a Master mode of sorts? The problem is that there aren't many substantial differences between forms move list wise, so there isn't gonna be much to work with to make him really stand out.
WIP Schedule:
#5  May 22, 2024, 03:00:40 pm
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil

You mean the original plan for Dark was to make him a Master mode of sorts? The problem is that there aren't many substantial differences between forms move list wise, so there isn't gonna be much to work with to make him really stand out.

That's exactly it.
#6  June 02, 2024, 03:18:19 am
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
Character Updated! (06/01/2024)

This time we wanted to highlight that we added Color Separation made by Obby. If it were us, it would really take a huge while to leave. Because this, we decided to include Obby along with us in AuthorName.
#7  June 02, 2024, 04:48:41 am
    • Brazil
Even with the old 2021 version i had lots of fun with this char, but you guys keep making him better. I know i already said something on the YT video in our language but now i have to praise you guys here so more people can see your work too, it's only fair.

Thank you very much, your work are excellent and i'm excited to see the next thing you guys will cook xD

I'll keep testing and playing him, i know you guys care about and listen to feedback.
#8  June 02, 2024, 05:12:57 pm
    • UK
Good to see that the damage is a lot more reasonable now. Nice to see him with the spicy CS job too.
WIP Schedule:
#9  June 02, 2024, 05:31:44 pm
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
Even with the old 2021 version i had lots of fun with this char, but you guys keep making him better. I know i already said something on the YT video in our language but now i have to praise you guys here so more people can see your work too, it's only fair.

Thank you very much, your work are excellent and i'm excited to see the next thing you guys will cook xD

I'll keep testing and playing him, i know you guys care about and listen to feedback.

We are happy that you liked it. Everyone can expect any character made by us, but when we say it, it's the truth (for example, right now, we're making Shovel Knight and updating Clarence).

Good to see that the damage is a lot more reasonable now. Nice to see him with the spicy CS job too.

We really want to hear from everyone. We were very happy with that. Regarding CS, you can thank Obby, he really did a great job.
#10  June 03, 2024, 09:10:06 pm
  • separation saves sprites
  • discord: obbydoesstuff
    • USA
I've been addicted to playing this ever since the came out. You made him so fun and I love what you did with Dark Talbain. Very happy to provide the CS and good job!
#11  June 03, 2024, 09:40:55 pm
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
I've been addicted to playing this ever since the came out. You made him so fun and I love what you did with Dark Talbain. Very happy to provide the CS and good job!

We say the same to you. We are happy that you liked it. The CS was something that we really liked from the first time we saw it.
#12  June 06, 2024, 12:10:48 am
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we made some small corrections that we consider almost imperceptible. We ask you to download again.
#13  June 07, 2024, 01:58:24 am
    • Brazil
Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we made some small corrections that we consider almost imperceptible. We ask you to download again.

Don't forget to update the date in your website too:

#14  June 07, 2024, 02:16:12 am
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
#15  June 07, 2024, 12:34:39 pm
Not a bad Talbain at all.

There is a bunch of things that stick out to me though.

His roll vels seem a lot and he is rapid, they cover a lot of ground, same for his dash, he goes very far.

Not everything needs a level 2 in my eyes to be fair, if the DS activation was a level 1 and kept all the benefits that would be fine, its a level 2 I guess just to accommodate to the style.

Don't be afraid to have your own thing. I really do not think its necessary.

You accommodated almost everyone  with the option select, thanks for that.

One more suggestion if you guys are open for it as another option from the Modes calling it "Mix" or "Custom"

Keep the CC/Max mode attacks and EX attacks and just give him his DS activation like the Darkstalkers mode on the CC/Max mode buttons (HK,HP) that would be perfect in my eyes.
No need for the down back level 1 and level 2 activation.
Pots and Jman have it like that for what its worth, however Pots uses 2 bars to activate it Jman one for Demitri, I guess its dependent on the benefits.

If it were me, I would keep his "DS" activation across all modes, though I can see how people will want CC or Max mode, having the option is great though.

I really like the Dark mode and how its setup, very fun.

Maybe I just don't know enough about Talbain but that dark mode with the "Darkstalkers" mode activation on the HP and HK and its perfect lol.
I can prolly move some code around myself and make that the "standard" Talbain, its just to fun lol or call it "Master mode"  and removing the flash effect on him.

I see you included the explod buffer which is awesome, but I think its missing the keyboard shortcuts, if I remember correctly some of his motions are QCF's the shortcuts on keyboard would be "Left, Down, Right" 

I can see you included as much as possible to cover every possible preference which I respect a lot.

I did found an issue with his drill special/hyper, its a 3 hit move yet I think you have to parry it for like 5 ticks, something is off.

Thanks for the release.
Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 01:29:12 pm by PeXXeR
#16  June 07, 2024, 06:36:35 pm
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
Not a bad Talbain at all.

There is a bunch of things that stick out to me though.

His roll vels seem a lot and he is rapid, they cover a lot of ground, same for his dash, he goes very far.

We left the dash like this to look like in the game. We leave the roll on the ground like this so that it has an advantage against other opponents.

Not everything needs a level 2 in my eyes to be fair, if the DS activation was a level 1 and kept all the benefits that would be fine, its a level 2 I guess just to accommodate to the style.

Don't be afraid to have your own thing. I really do not think its necessary.

As we always say, we try to do things very original. In this case, the respective modes.

One more suggestion if you guys are open for it as another option from the Modes calling it "Mix" or "Custom"

Keep the CC/Max mode attacks and EX attacks and just give him his DS activation like the Darkstalkers mode on the CC/Max mode buttons (HK,HP) that would be perfect in my eyes.
No need for the down back level 1 and level 2 activation.
Pots and Jman have it like that for what its worth, however Pots uses 2 bars to activate it Jman one for Demitri, I guess its dependent on the benefits.

If it were me, I would keep his "DS" activation across all modes, though I can see how people will want CC or Max mode, having the option is great though.

It seems like a good idea, we will think about putting this in the future.

I really like the Dark mode and how its setup, very fun.

Maybe I just don't know enough about Talbain but that dark mode with the "Darkstalkers" mode activation on the HP and HK and its perfect lol.
I can prolly move some code around myself and make that the "standard" Talbain, its just to fun lol or call it "Master mode"  and removing the flash effect on him.

Dark Talbain is another character (like Kusanagi). In Darkstalkers, Dark Talbain is the dark side of Jon Talbain. In the game he is practically a copy of Jon Talbain. In Mugen we made a kind of "Evil Ryu".

I see you included the explod buffer which is awesome, but I think its missing the keyboard shortcuts, if I remember correctly some of his motions are QCF's the shortcuts on keyboard would be "Left, Down, Right" 

If this is it here:https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fix-all-your-command-issues-explodsive-buffering-system-180772.0.html
We don't put that in.

I did found an issue with his drill special/hyper, its a 3 hit move yet I think you have to parry it for like 5 ticks, something is off.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N30W8EUan6A[/youtube]

Thanks for the release.

We'll see what we can do.

We are happy that you liked it.

#17  June 07, 2024, 07:02:03 pm
Yeah, its that, but I think that thread is a bit outdated.
I guess I had an explod buffer char and saw the wrong helper.

Ill do more research on the parry thing just so im sure im not talking out of my ass, its been a bit for me.

Might be worth checking the rest of his moves as well.

Edit:

Yeah the general rule is you parry the amount of hits it does on block usually and the hitcount decreases with every hit parried.

Some chars with similar moves depending if its a hyper or special bounce back after the first hit being parried.
Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 07:31:44 pm by PeXXeR
#18  June 07, 2024, 10:05:55 pm
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
Yeah, its that, but I think that thread is a bit outdated.
I guess I had an explod buffer char and saw the wrong helper.

Ill do more research on the parry thing just so im sure im not talking out of my ass, its been a bit for me.

Might be worth checking the rest of his moves as well.

Edit:

Yeah the general rule is you parry the amount of hits it does on block usually and the hitcount decreases with every hit parried.

Some chars with similar moves depending if its a hyper or special bounce back after the first hit being parried.

Hi, now we noticed that we had forgotten about MoveReversed, which should have been in the programming.

We've fixed everything and done a few things. We ask everyone to download again.
#19  June 09, 2024, 02:11:21 pm
Just tested and on the drills its behaving correctly, great job.

Should be applied on his beams as well and all moves that can be parried.
#20  June 09, 2024, 09:04:42 pm
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
Just tested and on the drills its behaving correctly, great job.

Should be applied on his beams as well and all moves that can be parried.

Dragon Cannon is supposed to be like that. What we put in place was a "hit limiter" only when it hits the opponent, so much so that when the opponent is on guard it still takes a few more hits. It really should have taken more hits, but we decided to put that limiter on. After Dragon Cannon, we don't think of any other moves that require this.