YesNoOk

Samus Aran by Varia31 Patch 3.2 Released! (Read 32954 times)

Started by Varia31, September 11, 2013, 10:28:12 pm
Share this topic:
Re: RELEASE: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Version 2.0 RELEASED!)
#81  November 27, 2013, 10:12:42 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
some feedback:

Massive debug spam from her gun shot special and i guess thats why it glitches when you keep pressing it(also in the air)
you can cancel any attack into her gunshot, which like i stated leaves massive debug and glitches her in place
why does she move forward when she gets up?
her missile attack is wayyy to slow which makes the move pretty much useless
her standing b is an infinite, also why does it send the opponent up in the air a bit?
her screw attack is also an infinite and looks awkward because it looks like you misaligned the sprites
her a+x super doesnt combo and shes also completly invincible during the move, since she has no clsn boxes what so ever
same with her b+y super
her bomb move just doesn't feel right(vels, hit boxes etc)..i suggest looking back at the games where she has the move and try to copy the feel for the move
you can low block all of her airs moves, which universally in every fighting game you're not suppose to able to
you can stand block her trip move(crouching z)
i think her first frame on her cheese ko is out of place(its samus upside down) check your mugen standard get hit sprites to see what im talking about

This character has soooo much potential my friend some suggestions:
make her missile attacks quicker so you can combo from air missiles into standing missiles
custom animation when being hit by screw attack like brawl
maybe chargeable crouching z like in brawl too
give her a chargeable gun shot that she has in every game

#82  November 27, 2013, 11:36:35 pm
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din.
    • USA
    • variathehunter@yahoo.com
    • youtube.com/user/Varia31
I'll see about speeding up the missile, but I made it like that so that she couldn't spam fire an explosive projectile. Her projectiles can be strong, but not too strong. Her melee, while limited, is meant to be stronger and more rewarding in damage. Also, she does have a charge shot, just double tap the fire button. Also, I don't seem to be running into the "debug" issue with the gun that you mention, or maybe I don't know what exactly you mean?

Last I checked on the Screw Attack, the sprites weren't too misaligned to me. I also did add after image effects to it, so that may be part of what's making it look strange to you. Also, some of the melee attacks are supposed to give the impression that Samus is strong (which she is). They're also a bit of "back off" type moves, that's why they knock enemies away, and a bit upwards.

Please understand that, while I do what I can about things listed in feedback, I don't have the know-how to address everything. I'm still new at this, and don't have a full understanding of how everything works. So while I did what I could, some of the nicer polish that seems commonplace around here isn't going to be up to standards. :/ So I apologize if I couldn't do better. There are some things I just don't know how to fix right now.
Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:41:52 pm by Varia31
#83  November 28, 2013, 12:08:43 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Also, I don't seem to be running into the "debug" issue with the gun that you mention, or maybe I don't know what exactly you mean?
ctrl+d, there seems to some error in your coding when doing her power shot move
Last I checked on the Screw Attack, the sprites weren't too misaligned to me. I also did add after image effects to it, so that may be part of what's making it look strange to you
idk i think its because when she does her screw attack her height movemnt just stops and her velocity feels abit off, like shes falling way too fast
Please understand that, while I do what I can about things listed in feedback, I don't have the know-how to address everything. I'm still new at this, and don't have a full understanding of how everything works. So while I did what I could, some of the nicer polish that seems commonplace around here isn't going to be up to standards. :/ So I apologize if I couldn't do better. There are some things I just don't know how to fix right now.
its all good man, these things take time and with time comes greater knowledge of what to do . If you need any help just ask or make a thread in the mugen development help section.

#84  November 28, 2013, 12:34:29 am
    • USA
Okay, I think I see what you mean by the Screw Attack looking weird. The Screw Attack state's sprites themselves are fine I think, but it's her sudden lowered position upon activating the attack that looks off. As for it being an infinite, that should be an easy fix.

I'm not sure what to do about the error in the coding when firing, but it doesn't seem game-breaking at least.

Also, forgive the ignorance, but I've never heard the term "cheese KO" before. lol
#85  November 28, 2013, 12:47:47 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
I'm not sure what to do about the error in the coding when firing, but it doesn't seem game-breaking at least.
you can track where the error is coming from by accessing the debug menu with ctrl+d. If you're not sure what to do, post the error and see if anyone is willing to help
Also, forgive the ignorance, but I've never heard the term "cheese KO" before. lol
standard animation number 5950(you can see the rest here)
since im sure you dont have that animation one of your required get hit sprites must be off
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 12:51:19 am by Luis Alejandro
Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 Patch 3.1 Released!
New #86  August 06, 2014, 01:22:12 pm
    • USA
AI patch released! She has also had quite a bit done to make her all the more better and more fun to use! See PAGE 1 for details on the changes.

->DOWNLOAD PATCH 3.2 HERE!<-
Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:27:15 pm by Varia31