YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread (Read 1056132 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:50:12 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread
#1941  July 05, 2017, 10:55:52 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Nice, I remember it.
In fact some of these frames and more where availiable on the old japanese official page of SF3.1 or SF3.2...

It could be nice to do the opposite work a a comparition.

Scalling up the finished sprites to match the rough size.
Then perhaps make an animated gif
#1942  July 08, 2017, 09:11:38 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
slowly making a comeback to SF3 sprites I guess :V

(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#1943  July 08, 2017, 09:13:40 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Fucking gorgeous :)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#1944  July 09, 2017, 02:30:38 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Sexy!
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#1945  July 15, 2017, 04:20:53 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

based off his appearance in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

(^reposting just cuz).
This is a generic forum signature.
#1946  July 15, 2017, 12:19:23 pm
    • Netherlands

based off his appearance in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

(^reposting just cuz).

It's pretty neat but for some reason the perspective of the front leg (Darkseid) throws me off immensely. I feel like the leg should be turned more towards his point of view, akin to the torso.
#1947  July 15, 2017, 07:37:47 pm
It also doesn't help that his clothes do not conform to his body, as in his pants/skirt/thing just being a straight line and not curving along the surface it runs across -- his thigh.  It also seems as though the pelvis is either missing or too high given where the thighs start.  Given that you've sprited his body in general to be smaller than Hugo's I'd imagine his chest muscles would run at a downward angle (from the artist's left to right) as opposed to the other way around as you have it now.

You've missed some oddities of the shading style of SF3 here and there, but nothing too major.
#1948  July 16, 2017, 01:50:29 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
You've missed some oddities of the shading style of SF3 here and there, but nothing too major.

I don't see how this particular bit is a problem.

Granted... I made a change to his apron piece.. or whatever the hell it is, using a CPS2 sprite by Prime-Op as a reference (I'd post it but I can't find it).

I'm leaving the anatomy as is, because I don't want to keep reworking something that isn't worth reworking.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:53:53 am by Hatter
#1949  July 31, 2017, 10:24:54 pm
    • USA

Am I on the right track?
#1950  August 01, 2017, 12:12:46 am
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
A decent attempt but honestly a lot about it could be improved. For one, how the colors are used are kind of wrong. I made this a while back. warning its old and the sprite is ugly but how its shaded is more akin to actual SF3 sprites but of course not perfect.
http://yoshin222.deviantart.com/art/SF3-Cody-Process-CPS3-Tutorial-CPS3-Tips-624077880
Hopefully it proves useful. I'd also suggest taking Sakuras scale in to consideration, as shes taller than SF3 Ryu in that sprite, but Ryu is 5'9 whilst shes 5'2. But above all else reference actual SF3 sprites all the time, and really try to understand how they're drawn/shaded. Best of luck to you

lui

#1951  August 01, 2017, 03:56:01 am
    • USA
If you're gonna provide a good example of how shading should be don't show one that you say yourself is ugly and outdated because it gives a false impression of how the style could potentially turn out. Always use official references for newbies instead of your own if you think it's not good.

People don't improve by comparing a rough drawing to a crappy drawing that does the job half-right, people improve by comparing to the real thing and making suggestions based on that
#1952  August 01, 2017, 04:00:44 am
I don't want to be rude but that feedback Yoshin gave is bad. I don't know why you show Cody being it looks nothing like Sakura, plus the wall of text makes the lecture boring and difficult: give it some format and separate the ideas in different paragraphs.

The best feedback is always use OFFICIAL references if you aim to imitate any style. Sprites, illustrations, etc... You use them to get a glimpse of or copy the: scale, proportions, shading, materials, palette, etc...

I believe that Effie could be the best reference(+Start HP Palette):

http://zweifuss.ca/necro/necro.htm

This gif is "Effie 2". Keep in mind that the clothes materials are different to Sakura's.

I recommend you to also read their profiles to know their heights:

Sakura= 5'2" (157 cm)

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Sakura

Effie= 5'0" (152 cm)

Pretty similar heights if you ask me. You could also use Poison, Kolin, ChunLi or Elena as references being they show her legs but keep in mind that their shading and proportions are different: ChunLi has thicker legs and Elena has a simpler shading.

The next step I believe would be scale your Sakura to Effie's height, keeping in mind that she is a bit taller and apply the palette and shading from Effie's sprite(s). Search for different Effie's poses that match Sakura's pose: ones for the legs, ones for arms, head, torso and so on, having a lot of references on your sheet is good. After you finish the shading you apply any palette you like.

#1953  August 01, 2017, 04:11:13 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
That's some very, very good advice, Chamat.

People, listen to Chamat. He gives good, helpful, constructive advice.

EDIT: Brose, you're off to a great start. Just thought I should tell you that because SF3 style can be tough and you at least took off running. Keep it up, and seriously, take heed of Chamat's advice!
Have you tried "Season 2" Kitty yet?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/senri-project.421
Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:36:16 am by CRASHEM8000
#1954  August 01, 2017, 06:29:00 am
    • USA

Ryu for new height comparison --> New Sprite --> Old

After all the advice I wanted to stop here and see if any of it has stuck. Promise to not keep uploading WIPs but I am interested in how far I need to go. Ty to Chamat for being so nice to a newbie.

lui

#1955  August 01, 2017, 06:34:14 am
    • USA
Nah man it's good to post your progress.

You're on the right track so far, the proportions look fine but the face is off. I recommend taking a look at makotos face for drawing a female face at that angle.

#1956  August 01, 2017, 07:30:59 am
    • USA
Nah man it's good to post your progress.

You're on the right track so far, the proportions look fine but the face is off. I recommend taking a look at makotos face for drawing a female face at that angle.

Thank you. I was using the angle of Ryu's face for Sakura. Since she is a huge fan of him I am using a lot for references. All except the gloves (still learning how to get the shading) and white palette from his Gi (I dont understand how the different shades work for making something white).
Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:37:18 pm by Brose Gross
#1957  August 06, 2017, 11:55:49 pm
    • Canada
My first hand at a sf3 styled sprite, haven't started the wings yet but the body is pretty much done

#1958  August 06, 2017, 11:58:58 pm
Nice Jin
#1959  August 07, 2017, 12:04:08 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Damn thats looks pretty good
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1960  August 07, 2017, 12:23:15 am
    • Canada
thanks, also gotta say that i started it by frankenspriting ryu's body, alex's arm and twelve's legs and shoulder