YesNoOk

i don't know what to say about this... (Read 6050 times)

Started by MAO11, October 17, 2011, 01:38:11 pm
Share this topic:
Re: i don't know what to say about this...
#21  October 18, 2011, 10:54:29 am
    • Thailand
I'm sure everybody has a cellphone in China tho...
I don't know about China, but if you use a personal cell phone to call the police in New York, your number will be recorded and detectives WILL call you back if it's necessary. :P
#22  October 18, 2011, 10:56:06 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Honestly, seeing how harsh the comments are, I would rather prefer not to watch since it will probably put me in a bad mood, so can anybody give me a summary of what happens in the video? The things I've gathered in this thread is that a child suffered an accident and nobody went to help him. Is that what happens?

GOH

#23  October 18, 2011, 11:21:14 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Honestly, seeing how harsh the comments are, I would rather prefer not to watch since it will probably put me in a bad mood, so can anybody give me a summary of what happens in the video? The things I've gathered in this thread is that a child suffered an accident and nobody went to help him. Is that what happens?
Yes, and it's rather disturbing and explicit, so if you don't wanna get depressed I would suggest you not to watch it, or watch it later.
#24  October 18, 2011, 11:39:26 am

you'll feel disgust/anger at people who were in that video.

i understand some people won't help because they think they have a reason not to. but seriously a kid got just run over by a truck TWICE and those shit heads just walk pass by her, i just don't know how these mainlanders think they sickens me.

you know what... those people should be punish by incineration.
Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:06:35 pm by 地獄の花
#25  October 18, 2011, 01:07:14 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
We actually have a bus company here where they encourage their bus drivers to go on killing their victims if they managed to hit someone. Apparently because it's much cheaper to pay for  someone's death.

The company's president is a paranoid nutjob who thinks everyone is out to get him so he has bodyguards around him 24/7. I think he was also Chinese but I'm not sure about that info.
#26  October 18, 2011, 01:16:31 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
It's like in the london riots.

Someone jumped out of a burning building and thought that the people around him were helping him up.
Instead they robbed him and left him. While he was bleeding.

Some people just think about themselves instead of helping others.
And then they get mad when it happens to them.
#27  October 18, 2011, 02:23:17 pm
    • Edtion.TK

Here's what happened:
  • A Chinese news reporter/information teller/talks host/whatever was saying some stuff in Chinese, then played the video.
  • A little girl, maybe around age 3-5, was walking into the middle of a alley/street while a van was driving at a moderate speed.
  • The girl was hit by the van and fell unconcious, then the front tire ran over her legs.
  • The van slowed down a bit as though they weren't paying attention, but had a strange feeling like they hit something. Just to be safe, they drove forward, then left  --;.
  • Later, a guy walked by and saw the girl there (and her blood on the street), then kept walking.
  • Another person came by, then another, and another.
  • Then a guy carrying one of those big wagons, went around her.
  • Then some more people walked by.
  • Then another van came by and made a little bit of effort to avoid her, and ran over her feet.
  • Then some more people walked by, and some more.
  • Then a lady walked by (from the opposite direction this time) and sat the girl up, but she just flopped over due to being unconscious.
  • Then the lady dragged the girl from the street and sat her up against the wall, while another lady was coming to check on the girl (this lady didn't exactly help much, but she did show more concern than everyone else).
  • They left from the camera's video recording and went to the next day, showing the girl in the hospital.
  • Next they showed the girls parents and/or family in the waiting area, being upset about it, blah blah blah
  • The Chinese guy goes on to say a bunch of more stuff in Chinese.
1 of the comments in the video said something about 1 out of 18 people is the statistics for anyone in the world that would help someone else in trouble, then asked if you're that 1/18, so I guess it was 17 people that just watched.
#28  October 18, 2011, 02:24:57 pm
    • UK
Did you have to post a step by step of what happened?
Now I feel sick
#29  October 18, 2011, 02:28:52 pm
    • Edtion.TK
Nanashi asked what happened  :brood:. I had to completely kill my good mood by watching that, so if anyone doesn't want the full buzz-kill, but still want to know what happened, then they could be read that.

Yes, I could've spoilered, but I don't feel like it now  ;P.

P.S. Nanashi, this happened October 10, 2011.
#30  October 18, 2011, 03:31:50 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Thanks for the info. After reading what it is about, I know for sure I don't want to watch it. My grandmother even watched it on TV and told me it was horrible.

OZ

#31  October 18, 2011, 03:40:14 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
1 of the comments in the video said something about 1 out of 18 people is the statistics for anyone in the world that would help someone else in trouble

Sounds like a random number that supports the argument, but regardless...

I just can't see this happening where I live, especially with the above scenario involving a child.

The utterly apathetic responses are what disgusted me. You know they saw the girl.
You don't want to possibly be blamed for her injury? Congrats, you are now directly responsible for her death.
ಠ_ಠ
#32  October 18, 2011, 03:47:13 pm
    • UK
I thought she survived.

OZ

#33  October 18, 2011, 03:54:22 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
She did.
No thanks to individuals who were seemingly okay with her dying as long as they weren't held responsible.
ಠ_ಠ
#34  October 18, 2011, 03:56:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I read that she died later in the hospital.

OZ

#35  October 18, 2011, 03:57:50 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
Then scratch that.
Their negligence did kill her.
ಠ_ಠ
#36  October 18, 2011, 04:09:24 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
the driver should be caught and tortured to death.
#37  October 18, 2011, 06:11:14 pm
    • USA
I'm sure everybody has a cellphone in China tho...
I don't know about China, but if you use a personal cell phone to call the police in New York, your number will be recorded and detectives WILL call you back if it's necessary. :P

Of course but you will avoid alot of questions because you called...

You can call 911 from a public phone and tell them that there's a kid who suffered an accident and then GTFO. Or even call from your cellphone and tell them you saw that kid while passing by in a bus or something like that. All of that just to avoid the interrogation...

So no traces of you on the body, you didn't touch it so they can't blame you of anything :).
#38  October 18, 2011, 07:24:46 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I haven't watched the video (and I don't think I will), so I'll ask:

Was the girl conscious at any point? or at least making some involuntary move or sound that guaranteed that she was still alive? Because if she wasn't the peasants may have thought that she was already dead. And well...you can't help a corpse. I'd have walked away too.
#39  October 18, 2011, 07:28:13 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
She was twitching the whole time
#40  October 18, 2011, 07:32:44 pm
  • SNK is life
There was also the puddle of blood on the ground. But yeah, she was moving.