Ask Barker (Read 1413892 times)

Started by walt, March 13, 2013, 05:40:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ask Barker
#5001  July 30, 2015, 09:23:02 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Did you know small icebergs are called 'barkers'?

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#5002  July 30, 2015, 10:16:11 pm
    • Canada
Okay, here we go. :P
so how's life treating you these days?
Very well, thanks!
tell me about the first time you saw pixel art, was it on NES, SNES etc...? and what made you love it?
I'm not entirely sure when I first saw it, but I remember being blown away by Super Mario Bros 3's graphics on NES. They fit so much character into such a small canvas.
how did you first know about Mugen? and Hyper DBZ?
I remember seeing a video a long time ago and was amazed that there was a way to fight with Street Fighter characters against Mortal Kombat characters, etc. I didn't know about Hyper DBZ until those guys released that amazing trailer. After I saw that I was hooked.
fav fighting game?
This one is tough. I've probably put the most time into Super Smash Bros, UMvC3, and Mortal Kombat 2/3. I also love me some Street Fighter, so I'm gonna be playing a shit-ton of SFV.
the best pixel art you've ever seen in a game?
Not necessarily the best I've seen, but my favourite sprites are definitely from Third Strike. The HD KoF stuff is pretty amazing too.
where is the Z2 secret hideout? WHAT SORCERY DO YOU PRACTICE THERE?
I'll let you know when I get an invite!  :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
-Out of all the characters you could have made for the HDBZ project, why Super Buu (formerly Buutenks) in particular? What was it about Buu that made you think "Oh this guys definitely needs to be done for HDBZ"?
When I started making Buutenks sprites there was no Super Buu, Gotenks, or Kid Buu being made (publicly). So I basically just chose my favourite version. He looks fucking boss with that vest, amirite?!! I had no real plan to join the Z2 guys or make a full character. I was just trying to get better and make some cool looking sprites. It wasn't until they contacted me that I realized I could actually do this, in the form of the base Super Buu (who made much more sense for the current HDBZ roster). Now as for regular Super Buu, his fight with Gotenks and Gohan are some of my favourite moments of DBZ. AND, the gameplay possibilities are insanely unique. This guy is gonna be nuts. :D
-Most preferred city in Canada?
Hmmmm. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't traveled much within Canada. I will say that I hate Toronto (too big, too busy). Montreal was cool! I'd like to go out to the West Coast some time.
-Eternal summers or Neverending winters? :P
Winter can fuck off >:(
-Favorite video games from 3 different genres and why (the explanation could even be as little as one word ^_^)
Tough! ummmm. hmmmmm. Metal Gear Solid 3(I'm a metal gear nut, love this game to death), Devil May Cry 3(Vergil though? Best boss in any game imo), and Yoshi's Island(The art, music, and everything in this game is perfect).
-Favorite book series, and what you like about it the most?
This one makes me feel bad, as I don't read as much as I used to. I haven't read too many series of books, but I love a good horror or murder mystery novel.
-Who was that guy on your first avatar before Buutenks and Cell? he guy with that "Oh man, I'm fucked" expression?
A character called Marty from the movie Cabin in the Woods.
Did you know small icebergs are called 'barkers'?
Well, I do now!
#5003  July 30, 2015, 10:23:22 pm
  • SNK is life
Which crossover game is your favorite?
#5004  July 31, 2015, 12:44:29 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Pick 2 fictional characters from different media for a one shot crossover and predict the outcome.

Favorite beverage on the go?

What Comics or Manga are you currently following for this year?

What part of Super Buu's sprites you had the most fun in bringing to life?
#5005  July 31, 2015, 12:47:58 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.
#5006  July 31, 2015, 01:13:52 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
#5007  July 31, 2015, 04:09:10 am
    • Canada
Which crossover game is your favorite?
Does Smash Bros count? That or Marvel vs Capcom 1.
Pick 2 fictional characters from different media for a one shot crossover and predict the outcome.
Nathan Drake fights Indiana Jones. It's a draw.
Favorite beverage on the go?
Coffee. I need to feed my caffeine addiction.
What Comics or Manga are you currently following for this year?
None really. Most of my free time is with games, movies, or tv.
What part of Super Buu's sprites you had the most fun in bringing to life?
Definitely his face. You can make him look really goofy and then really scary. Lots of room to be creative!

While Z2 is, of course, centered on Dragonball Z, the style lends itself to other properties rather nicely.  Have you ever considered characters beyond DBZ after Buu and whatever else you had planned for HDBZ?
I think about characters all the time, but most of the ideas are just for single sprites. For instance, I think Raiden or Grey Fox from metal gear would look awesome fighting one of the DB android characters. After Buu I will definitely make another character for HDBZ, and they will be from the Dragon Ball universe. Even I'm not sure who it will be. ;)
#5008  July 31, 2015, 07:34:24 am
MOAR QUESTIONS!!
favorite character from DBZ?
favorite anime?
favorite movie?
favorite food? also, describe the ingredients of the best sandwich in life?
have you watched True Detective? what did you think of it? i freaking loved that show
Breaking Bad. what did you think of the ending and how else would you have wanted it to end? (spoiler your answer)
PlayStation, PC, or Xbox?
Raiden from MGR versus Vergil from DMC3, who would win?
are you a graphic designer?
how often do you Mugen?
and whats the most tedious and/or hardest part in spriting?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#5009  July 31, 2015, 02:49:58 pm
    • Canada
favorite character from DBZ?
Gohan
favorite anime?
DBZ. It's the only anime I've watched extensively.
favorite movie?
Gladiator. I have lots of favourites, though.
favorite food? also, describe the ingredients of the best sandwich in life?
I enjoy a good steak. The best sandwich? It probably has roast beef, cheese, lettuce, mayo, and onion.

have you watched True Detective? what did you think of it? i freaking loved that show
Only watched one episode, actually. I've heard great things about it, though! Right now i'm really into Hannibal.
Breaking Bad. what did you think of the ending and how else would you have wanted it to end? (spoiler your answer)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
PlayStation, PC, or Xbox?
Well, I game on PC, PS4, Vita, and Wii U. I'm definitely a Playstation guy, though. My favourite exclusives are there.
Raiden from MGR versus Vergil from DMC3, who would win?
Vergil. He would just do UMvC3 sword loops to victory.
are you a graphic designer?
Not by trade, no. Right now I'm working for a company doing schematics on AutoCAD, but I occasionally will step in to do some light photoshop stuff.
how often do you Mugen?
Once or twice a week, probably.
and whats the most tedious and/or hardest part in spriting?
Hands are really hard for me. And pants.
#5010  August 01, 2015, 01:03:13 am
last batch of questions from me i promise:
Hands are really hard for me. And pants.
really? i thought the hardest part of spriting was the animation, do you consider animation easier than drawing details?
whats the most horrible 2D animation you've ever seen in any form of media?
do you think Disney's recent 3D movies are gonna age as well as their old 2D ones?
am i wrong to assume that you like 2D animation just because you're spriting and animating a 2D character?
Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. yay or nay?
what sort of music do you like?
terrible music that you can't stand?

oh and one more thing, when your time to answer questions tomorrow wraps up, you can either choose a member that isn't on the list on the first page and let them take their turn, or in your case only, JNP told me (and correct me if im wrong JNP) that you can choose any member and ask them questions, even if they were asked here before.
#5011  August 01, 2015, 01:41:48 am
  • SNK is life
TMNT 1989 or TURTLES IN TIME?
#5012  August 01, 2015, 03:46:13 am
    • Canada
really? i thought the hardest part of spriting was the animation, do you consider animation easier than drawing details?
Different days bring different challenges! I'm still an amateur when it comes to animation, I think.
whats the most horrible 2D animation you've ever seen in any form of media?
Have you seen my early work?
do you think Disney's recent 3D movies are gonna age as well as their old 2D ones?
Marvel and Pixar movies are huge right now. I think they'll hold up in the future.
am i wrong to assume that you like 2D animation just because you're spriting and animating a 2D character?
I've always loved 2D art, but now I appreciate it much more because I know the amount of work that goes into each frame. Before HDBZ, I never even tried working with sprites. Hope that answers your question.
Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. yay or nay?
Guilty Gear is pretty great. My problem with Xrd right now is that I can't settle on one character that suits me. Blaz Blue I've never played extensively.
what sort of music do you like?
terrible music that you can't stand?
I actually listen to bits of everything. Rap, Rock, House, etc. Country can fuck off, though. Can't stand it!
TMNT 1989 or TURTLES IN TIME?
I love both. Maybe TiT slightly edges it out, as that's the one I was able to play 4 players with 3 other mates.
#5013  August 01, 2015, 08:57:35 am
#5014  August 01, 2015, 02:33:08 pm
    • Canada
That reminds me of the CDI Zelda games. Gross.
#5015  August 01, 2015, 02:52:27 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Dang man, the old black and white Felix cartoons were better than that pile of feces! Also what Barker said. ;D
This is a generic forum signature.