YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 931399 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#1181  December 15, 2022, 12:58:06 am
(Compare Ryu, Akuma and EX Kyo with Lady Choi and Devil Jin and then compare those with EX Haoh and Nako)
It's the stones that are getting crazy too. I think between the Rugal stones and the SamSho stones, you can have two stones that give 30% crit damage. And then I don't know which it is but I think there's a recent card set that reflects physical damage, because I've been nailed by that a few times in absolute war and league by different characters and I can't find why.
And then, everyone is getting a whole bunch of element / ailment immunity at once, although I think that's a little better than Ryu and Akuma straight up reflecting starlight and burn (so Ryu shuts down BS Orochi and Akuma shuts down SS Kyo and fuck color advantage). The immunity is strong but IMO that's the good part of the power creep.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1182  December 17, 2022, 06:06:37 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

Right now, there is a quick event where if this trailer somehow reaches 3k likes, you will be rewarded 5 tickets for the collab unit/card banner for this herculean effort.

The roster choice was absolutely a Netmarble choice. Bamco likely gave them more leeway since SC isn't as big as Tekken. These are the people that had to be told to put Sol in the GG collab and that they wanted to include more waifus in the SF5 collab. It's clear that let to their own devices, NM would turn every collab into an all waifus banner. Seriously, an SC Collab with no Sieg or Nightmare? Not even Kilik? Cass and Mina over Sophitia?

I've been keeping tabs and the drought of content has become very noticeable. They haven't had actual new content besides Deimos Base. Nevermind that the powercreep is still absurdly out of control(Compare Ryu, Akuma and EX Kyo with Lady Choi and Devil Jin and then compare those with EX Haoh and Nako)
I wanna believe Juri was originally intended to be a part of the SFV collab, but Capcom butted in and wanted Luke to be included as a full-fledged unit that Netmarble discarded any Juri plans and went with a Chun-Li alt to save time.  Can see why they sounded so depressed on their failed vision.

The only noticable new content they had was the Boss Challenge introduced in the Tekken 7 Round 2 (wanna say rerun but nothing from the first collab returned).  It came back with the XV Omega Rugal banner and suddenly vanished.

Aside from that, everything has been rinse repeat.  Towers for new units, Rush Dungeon, Chapter of Fight reset, the occasional bingo/roulette/dice boards, and some gimmick dungeon/popularity poll challenge/Deimos Base.  Has been ages since any sort of Co-op challenge was live.

Wanna remind you all that the last time we have had any updates to Guild bosses was during the SFV collab with Ryu and there was never anything new for months.  Not even Lady Chang, despite being in the portrait and she was an afterthought.

And we are closing in a year since any story update.  At this point, they should rerelease any past event dungeons as seperate stories with extra rewards.  But that is way too much effort for them these days.
#1183  December 20, 2022, 05:40:23 pm
(Compare Ryu, Akuma and EX Kyo with Lady Choi and Devil Jin and then compare those with EX Haoh and Nako)
It's the stones that are getting crazy too. I think between the Rugal stones and the SamSho stones, you can have two stones that give 30% crit damage. And then I don't know which it is but I think there's a recent card set that reflects physical damage, because I've been nailed by that a few times in absolute war and league by different characters and I can't find why.
Actually it is due to the Amakusa Option Card and a Seven Knights card from past collabs that are running rampent lately.  Combine their uses with units with Invincibility after reaching a certain health. Even Kazuya and Ban are still being used (source: I lost to such, lol)

https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/13/74858

The biggest feature for this collab is that ALL units will be EX class.  In other words, Dimensional Invites are officially dead moving forward.

For the following units:

SCVI Cassandra is Yellow Defense.
SCVI Taki is Blue Attack.
SCVI Ivy is Purple Attack.
SCVI Seong Mi-na is Red Balance.
SC4 Cassandra is Purple Defense.
SCV Catsuit Ivy is Blue Balance.

Much like Seven Knights collab, Global will get English Dub while the rest have their JPN Audio.

All SCVI units will be available via banners.  For Vol 1, Cassandra and Taki will be the focus, and the following week, Ivy and Seong Mi-Na will be added.

In addition, one huge change for the banners is that SS KOF units will be included!  This goes the same for the card banners.

SC4 Cassandra and SCV Ivy will be free to obtain.  For SC4 Cassandra, she will be obtainable in a separate banner, much like SFV Chun-Li, Marie Rose, and Sol Badguy for up to A3 when you do all your dailies up till the end of the collab.

SCV catsuit Ivy will be given the moment you login.  Her memories will be scattered throughout events that include Dream Match, Boss Showdown, and more.

The events will include the return of the Co-op event, two Boss Showdown modes that focuses on Haohmaru (as he is in SCVI) that varies in difficulty, the usual modes (Towers, Rush Dungeon, etc), etc.

Selective new packages will also come with a redeemable ticket for a free SCVI memory, a FES Card, or, if you are wealthy and unlucky, a unit of your own.

lui

#1184  December 20, 2022, 06:14:37 pm
    • USA
Can I still log in for free rubies or is it too late
#1185  December 20, 2022, 06:47:54 pm
Yiz you can.  It's stretched until the end of the collab.
#1186  January 06, 2023, 10:42:04 pm
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/4/77090

Log in right now to claim free 3k rubies.  This happened as compensation due to a glitch with one of Seong Mi-Na's skills and how it wasn't providing buffs as intended.  After so much backlash from the Korean community, Netmarble finally fixed her kit.

Also 1 week left until the collab ends.  Doing everything including logins should have net you a free A5 EX Catsuit Ivy.
#1187  January 07, 2023, 03:11:17 pm
Catsuit Ivy at A6, with maxed SC stones including star and moon, the SC set, two SC option cards, and one special card
She gets over 380k CP (without even transcending the cards - the forums had someone with transcended cards and she passes 550k)
This is fucking ridiculous. Haven't bought any ruby/token pack in a while and I think I'm done with that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 06:41:07 pm by Byakko
#1188  January 11, 2023, 02:06:39 pm
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/13/77182

As it is tradition whenever a collab ends, we get a new unit while we wait for the next big event.

Remember that dev video that had cut artwork?  Looks like Netmarble will finally reuse them and the first is another free EX unit.  "Hopeful" Hotaru is going to be the featured unit and she will come with her own set of cards and stones.  There will be two boards to grind up coins needed for Hotaru's memories and cards amongst other things like tickets for the next EX banner.
#1189  January 25, 2023, 01:13:50 pm

In what felt like 15 years, Shun'ei is FINALLY added to the roster along with the highly anticipated XV EX Iori.

The launch comes with their usual towers, dice, roulette, dungeons, free rubies, etc.
#1190  January 26, 2023, 12:20:53 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Shun'ei wasn't in the game until now? Maybe Netmarble did us all a favor by delaying his otherwise sudden appearance as a main character.
#1191  February 08, 2023, 04:28:18 pm
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/13/78046

The annual Valentine's event is upon us and for this go round of torment,  World Drop returns with collectable boxes scattered through modes such as Roulette, Check-ins, Guilds, etc.  Additionally, these items can be redeemed at their unique craft section for rubies!

Starting on 2/15, a new batch of free rubies will be distributed for the next banner.
#1192  February 21, 2023, 04:24:29 pm

XV Luong has been highly requested for a while so she will finally be the focus on the next banner.  XV Leona also appears to once and for all destroy the concept of Change-Ups.

Now there are other updates to go along with this aside from the regular 3-week copy/paste.

https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/4/78389

First off, enter the code KOFASFOREVER to redeem 2023 rubies to your inbox.

Next....

https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/60/78388

Considering the fact a year has passed since the last Story mode update and there is STILL no word on the Ash Saga, the supposed Emblem buffs for Team specific units.....
Well it turns out that the Team Emblem buff thing is more complicated than it looks as the idea of '96 Joe Higashi suddenly reaching godhood doesn't sit well with them.

After a year long delay, it seems they finally found a solution and is expected to arrive later this year, assuming if their programmers have survived the layoffs by then.

Time Attack will FINALLY get a new stage after god knows how long that will be inspired by the Ash Saga.  A sign that maybe the Ash Saga will finally arrive by the 5th anniversary?

In the devnote that like groundhogs pop up once a year before hibernating in the shadows, they've admitted that thanks to Catsuit Ivy, the majority of content can be cleared within a matter of days and was the cause of this sudden drought of anything new.

In so many words, as a way to somehow combat this, they are looking to restructure the concept of "fighter growth" so that units gained in past banners and collab can still find some milage the more you progress through new events. I don't expect this last however.

In addition, the value of elements means very less as all you need these days is an A5 unit (Catsuit Ivy) to do your deeds.  As a remedy, a new dungeon will be revealed in the coming weeks that is set to have a bigger focus on elements with the bosses receiving a brand new element to them.  Basically, Deimos but now with harsher restrictions to elements rather than Unit class.
Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 05:49:40 pm by Kirishima
#1193  February 21, 2023, 06:14:56 pm
KOFASFOREVER
So it'll be gone soon then yeah ?
They have a lot of "we realized something went wrong" and a bunch of very vague and non specific things but nothing that remotely sounds relevant / like a real fix. Like literally "elements have become useless therefor we're adding new elements (for bosses)". At least that's a different approach than hell dungeons and its "use the wrong element and you get hit with your own damage" or "this busted unit has massive CP but low level ? You now deal a fixed 100 damage".
Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 06:20:07 pm by Byakko
#1194  February 22, 2023, 12:24:08 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
In the devnote that like groundhogs pop up once a year before hibernating in the shadows, they've admitted that thanks to Catsuit Ivy, the majority of content can be cleared within a matter of days and was the cause of this sudden drought of anything new.
LMAO.

The majority of content could be beaten within a few days with several of the EX characters before Catsuit Ivy was a thing. It just so happens that Ivy was given away for free while still just as ridiculously powerful as the recent units they released. What did they think was going to happen when they didn't put the damn brakes on the runaway powercreep train?

Any new content will get shredded by the recent characters and if they make challenge content to take into account the powercreep, they have to offer a huge reward for clearing it or people are going to be pissed. One of the Deimos base events had this exact issue happen.

Yea, game is on its last legs.
#1195  March 16, 2023, 03:12:30 pm
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/5/79092

No, the fabled new dungeon update or team emblem thing is still not available but instead, a rerun banner has started.

You can get the following units: XV Omega Rugal Boss ver, '03 Duo Lon, XV Haohmaru, XV Nakoruru, and EX Lady Chin.  Card banners are also included.  Imprint stones unfortunately available via paid battle pass.

One major change is the Transcendent feature when leveling up battle cards.  Now you can select 3 bonus effects for a slight power up but there are also "Lucky Spinners" that also boosts rates currently available in packages.
#1196  March 24, 2023, 07:47:10 pm

I'll just say that after this event is done, many are highly anticipating the next banner to be a collab.

Kinda ridiculous that Team Khronen is the first completed XV EX team.

The ever paranoid Manager Krizalid was back a while ago with some brief updates.

•What they meant in regards to Elements, it's not specifically referring to color class, but rather the individual styles of each unit so that they have some uniqueness upon use (Khronen's multiple Supers, AS Hotaru's buffs upon tagging to Female units, Omega Rugal's resurrection, EX Kyo's hit-until-die, etc).  They wanna do something more with each kit so it doesn't feel that you need to use anything with Crit nukes these days.

•They are planning on doing something for excess souls and Memories.  Revamp of the Soul Shops?

•Change-Ups are officially dead.  There are no plans to bring this feature for use on anyone ever again.

•All-Star Archive is planned to be released this year alongside Ash Saga starting with the '03 chapter.  They are fully aware of Nameless constantly staring at your soul at the title screen going for over a year now and they hope to get all this released as soon as whenever.

•A new collab is coming for "this year" in "spectacular fashion", so take that for what you will.

Given the fact recent new banners have been waifu baits, don't be surprised if Senran Kagura becomes the collab choice next.
#1197  March 26, 2023, 07:44:56 am
    • Puerto Rico
Given the fact recent new banners have been waifu baits, don't be surprised if Senran Kagura becomes the collab choice next.

I mean...if we're using Mai and Kula to guess what the collab will be, my money would be on DOA6 rerun first.
#1198  March 27, 2023, 09:17:32 pm
Except those two (and before that, Leona, who was a part of a previous banner, and before that, Athena, who was the focus in a Battle Pass, all in the past two months of this year) were all involved in that Senran Kagura mobile game, as well as the IP itself having a collab with '98 UM Online not too long ago.

Seems too much of a coincidence that SK is inbound.  Not to mention having a roster suitable for an all EX class.

If they were to do a rerun of anything without an EX unit before, don't expect any old stuff to return and if they did, those that missed out on Tekken 7's past stuff are gonna go apeshit on Netmarble.

https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/13/79391

Blah blah blah, towers, dice, whatever.

SO the biggest news to come out of this update is that long-awaited EX Generic Memory BUT there is a drawback because of course there is.  These EX memories are now based on the color class of your unit. For example, an EX memory with red shards can only be used for Red EX Units such as XV Iori, XV Kyo, Seong Mi-Na, etc.

The highly anticipated (or dreaded depending on where you are at in the game right now) dungeons are in fact reskins of the classic Elemental Bosses from the early years of KOFAS.  These relay dungeon upgrades now depend on what color class your units are and it will determine how high the damage output will be.

There will be a seperate reward section based on your performance in the new dungeon where it will give you 1 random colored EX memory for the whole event so good luck with that.

A new Puzzle piece will be available where upon completion, you can decorate it to your collection room.  Pieces are available via World Drop items.

Finally, a new Card shop focusing on Shingo will be availble via Ruby purchases where equipping it to your SS/BS units will give them the ability to deal out Burn damage equal to 400% of their Att.  The fact they are suddenly supporting past unit catagories instead of EX is surprising as we never had any new cards for SS/BS stuff since the introduction of EX units.
Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 09:23:33 pm by Kirishima
#1199  March 28, 2023, 05:32:58 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Honestly, I'm low key getting real tired of the game and it's shit.
Tried the Weekend Time Attack and I already want to kick someone's ass for basically requiring EX Units to even do it quickly. Great loss of 200 Rubies for myself now due to that crap.
They then give us these EX Generic Memories but OF COURSE, they color gate them because why the hell not, especially when they are gearing content around EX Units completely now.

And we still got the terrible rateups that make getting the EXs such a pain in the ass(Where you are lucky if you can pull just one with the free Rubies they give you, let alone the required 4 for a decent Unit) and the consistent powercreep for each one.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1200  March 28, 2023, 05:35:23 am
    • Puerto Rico
Except those two (and before that, Leona, who was a part of a previous banner, and before that, Athena, who was the focus in a Battle Pass, all in the past two months of this year) were all involved in that Senran Kagura mobile game, as well as the IP itself having a collab with '98 UM Online not too long ago.

Seems too much of a coincidence that SK is inbound.  Not to mention having a roster suitable for an all EX class.
Counterpoint: Athena and Leona weren't in the same banner. Meanwhile, Mai and Kula are sharing their banner. Incidentally, those two were the DLC KOF characters for DOA6.

I wouldn't take into account what collabs the other KOF game has since they've never shares them between games.

It's not impossible, but I don't see it here.