YesNoOk

Ikemen Go Linux: Forced desktop display issue + WINE (Read 1240 times)

Started by Mintloid, September 11, 2024, 05:36:57 pm
Share this topic:
Ikemen Go Linux: Forced desktop display issue + WINE
New #1  September 11, 2024, 05:36:57 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
I finally had the courage to move from "Windows 11" to "Linux (mint)" and I've been wanting to test out how well it works on there. Although one issue i've encountered was everytime I enter fullscreen mode, my display forces the resolution the ikemen is set up to. This doesn't normally happened back in Windows.

Example: my main desktop display is 1920x1080 while ikemen is at 1280x720 on windowed mode. As soon as I enter fullscreen, my display becomes dark for a few seconds and changes to the same exact one as ikemen (1920x1080 ---> 1280x720). I have to change display settings everytime I do this. Worst of all, if I set ikemen to 640x480 and afterwards closing, opening the display settings would close immediatley, with no other choice than to signout/reboot.

Another thing If I try to enter fullscreen on the windows version with WINE, despite enabling "Emulate a virtual desktop" (set to 1920x1080)
The Virtual desktop would close itself and ikemen would still be in windowed mode.
Spoiler: Before Fullscreen (click to see content)
Spoiler: After Fullscreen (click to see content)

Notes: Currently running "Mint 22 (Wilma)". Other apps I have/installed doesn't have this issue so far.

EDIT: I managed to find a quick fix, but its not permanent. (haven't tried 480p yet)
with the "xrandr" command, I entered this in Terminal:
Code:
xrandr --output DP-0 --mode "1920x1080"

with that it reverted back to its previous state along with the same refresh rate I have enabled (60Hz)

However I want to know how to make it automatically revert without having to do this manually, perhaps like a shell script (.sh) or do I need to add/change anything to the "Ikemen_GO.command" file?
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Last Edit: September 21, 2024, 03:31:33 pm by Mintloid