YesNoOk

Street Fighter 6 (PS4/PS5/Xbox Series X|S/PC) (Now Released!) (Read 1495792 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 21, 2022, 06:39:43 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter 6 (PS4/PS5/Xbox Series X|S/PC) (Now Released!)
#341  January 01, 2024, 05:05:19 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Damn this new Asura's Wrath looks legit.
#342  January 19, 2024, 12:22:11 am

Ed to be released at some point around February.  Quick glimpse of what his World Tour role will be like.
#343  January 19, 2024, 12:59:09 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

I knew he had psycho power but I didn't really think he was able to make webs using that. He also looks a little... sadder than he did in SF5? Like he's still cocky and confident in doing the same fast boxing things, but his facial expressions don't really convey that as well, and he looks like he doesn't want to do what he's doing. Maybe it'll be an important thing in the world tour stories, maybe it's just the RE engine making things look weird, idk. The way he looks here kinda reminds me of spiderman going emo if anything.

I also never thought of it before but I really appreciate that they told us what characters would be in this season before the game launched. A lot of games don't do that and just allow you to buy the pass before you really know who's going to be in and who isn't, and some people may not want to buy every character if they feel they aren't really worth the investment. In this game's case it also gives something to look forward to as 3/4ths of the pass are characters that have been in past games, so there's a lot of guesses up in the air about if they'll bring anything new to the table compared to their last appearances. I don't know if they'll keep doing it but I personally like it a lot.
#344  January 19, 2024, 02:07:38 am
He had that move in SF5.
But he sure looks way more ghostly and pale, it's so weird.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#345  January 19, 2024, 03:24:52 am
    • USA

He had that move in SF5.

Apparently it was his first V-skill but I don't think I ever saw anyone use it or talk about it and maybe it's my bad that I didn't do enough research. It's a pretty cool move in its own right, wonder if they'll convert it to a regular special like they did with guile's.
#346  January 19, 2024, 04:34:24 am
He had that move in SF5.
But he sure looks way more ghostly and pale, it's so weird.
Probably the lighting of the setting he is at, but won't be surprised if lorewise, might be a side effect of constant overuse of Psycho Power and his body slightly breaking down because of it. 

Hopefully World Tour will finally expand on his backstory and maybe Boxer might reappear in the same way F.A.N.G returned during A.K.I's sidequests.

The shadow web thing now probably becoming the Scorpion Spear function to check keepaways would be a great change.
#347  January 19, 2024, 12:02:24 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Why does he looks as the lost son of K. Stewart and R. Pattinson?
I swear there was something cool here!!
#348  January 19, 2024, 06:44:51 pm
    • Brazil

He looks hot, as always.
#349  January 20, 2024, 12:53:18 am
    • USA
Looking at this trailer, yeah, Ed does seem sadder, but there are no overt signs Dictator is possessing him yet. The thug enemies have Shadaloo boxes on their heads, it seems that Neo Shadaloo went south for Ed and have degraded to little more than hooligans. As much as I don’t want to think about it, it’s entirely possible Falke died between V and SF6, which could also explain Ed’s dour mood. And his web-stuff is a bit more emphasized… MvC4 confirmed? Or is Ed the Spidey-function for CvS3?
#350  February 01, 2024, 05:35:40 am

Ed is arriving soon and a new fighting pass is launched with his gear for your avatar.
#351  February 01, 2024, 10:53:07 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Graphic wise the game is SUPERnice. Gameplay, the same(I hate the "modern" control, seems to be done for one-armed people, though). But, story is SO disappointing. Street Fighter V offered a good story(for a fighting game) where you actually could know the WHOLE story from different points of views. In here, you use your created character to advance, leaving the fighting stars(Ryu, Chun Li, etc) in a secondary level. The most logical point would be using the created character as a support for the main story, kinda as Alisa in Scenario Campaign(Tekken 6). So this way you couldsee how the story develops more. For example, Battle of Swal'Val in the dumps could be asecondary mission because the main character of the chapter(let's say Cammy, Juri, whoever), knew an info and needs your character to investigate, as he/she/it is an unknown fighter.

End of the story is a total mess too. The cliffhanger.

Also, cosmetics of World Tour for pay pay pay pay. Colours for pay pay pay. Third outfit pay even more. In fact, if you want all the 3rd outfits, it costs MORE THAN THE GAME ITSELF! Greedy as Hell. Newcomers are not even that exciting. I'm not going to say my personal tastes on each them because are my personal tastes which may differ with some other people.

But this game could be a very BIG difference and went down and down. Specially comparing with Tekken 8, which has MORE characters, more diversity(in terms of fighting styles), more moves, more options, more customisations, deeper story, etc. I'm sorry to say because I love SF since 1992, but SF6 is disappointing as Hell.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#352  February 09, 2024, 12:45:13 am
  • Was it something I said?

Ed's showing his M. Bison a bit.
#353  February 09, 2024, 01:00:48 am
    • USA
It’s likely Ed is in the process of being possessed by Dictator, but he hasn’t fully taken over yet, as we can see some animations similar to him, but not his special moves. (I wonder if he has a second Critical Art-only LV3 in the form of a Psycho Crusher?)
#354  February 09, 2024, 04:30:46 am
Ed's got that SFxT Steve vibe from the sway to his keepaway punches.

That Critical where he turns the foe into a literal punching bag is so good.
#355  February 10, 2024, 06:50:21 am
    • Netherlands
I really didn't like Ed that much in SFV but man from what I've seen so far he looks really cool and interesting now. My only wish is that they would've made the second outfit his main one instead. The current main outfit doesn't really 'read' as a fighting game character, much less a boxer.
#356  February 10, 2024, 08:41:03 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
I'm kinda getting Dante's dorky younger brother vibes with his default outfit.
#357  March 11, 2024, 11:32:10 pm
    • USA

Akuma teaser from the recent capcom highlights stream. I got a notice that the topic hadnt been posted in for about a month when posting this. I dont know why discussion has been so sparse
#358  March 12, 2024, 05:19:56 pm
I would rather have Gouki in tekken 8 than in sf6, having him in sf6 is useless because Tokido don't main him anymore during the last final few seasons of sfv which disappointed me unlike during the sf4 eras, he always main him. He said that he don't main Ken during the sfv eras, but he main Ken in sf6 :rifle:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#359  March 13, 2024, 12:49:21 am
#360  April 21, 2024, 05:15:34 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
After finally getting my PC to run it properly, I can say I like this game way more than SFV. The gameplay is way faster and closer to the older games, meaning characters now have more than super moves again. Online matches when I find a good match is almost as enjoyable as local battle, partly because the core gameplay is so enjoyable.