YesNoOk

Changing Difficulty in CatWalk (Read 497 times)

Started by broseidonrex, October 17, 2024, 05:45:25 am
Share this topic:
Changing Difficulty in CatWalk
#1  October 17, 2024, 05:45:25 am
I'm trying to use the Catwalk bonus game in MugenMatch 2.1 to practice inputs and note that you only get more complicated inputs (directions + buttons) once you reach the second level (+50 combo). I want to see if it possible to make it so that the advanced inputs are being used immediately.

In the config.txt file, there's the ability to change the speed (which i've done) but there's nothing for changing each level's input difficulty.

Any help would be appreciated. Should also note that I have no programming/MUGEN experience
Re: Changing Difficulty in CatWalk
#2  October 17, 2024, 11:49:20 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can cheat a bit and make the combo start at 50 by adding this in state -2:

Code:
[State -2, Cheat]
type = varset
trigger1 = var(12) < 50
var(12) = 50
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Re: Changing Difficulty in CatWalk
#3  October 18, 2024, 12:17:43 am
Ok this made it so that when it first starts, we're at 50 hits and activates the advanced inputs (good). However, even with the penalty value set to 0, i still do get penalized for screwing up and (more importantly) it resets the combo number back to 0.

Is there a way for set the lowest combo number to be 50 at any given tiime and not just at the start?

Also, thank you for responding to my thread and for making CatWalk in MugenMatch.