YesNoOk

Streets of Rage 2 Bonus Game + 12 Chars (Updated 6/30/2022) (Read 909519 times)

Started by K-Fox, September 05, 2014, 04:51:54 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Streets of Rage 2 Bonus Game + 2 Chars
#101  April 04, 2015, 12:07:29 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Thanks for the update K-Fox!  :)

EDIT:

Roo still needs a lot of sounds from the source game...
Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 05:17:57 am by Staubhold
#102  April 05, 2015, 01:45:30 am
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Roo still needs a lot of sounds from the source game...

Don't worry, I finally got sounds for Streets of Rage 3. Here is the new version of Roo:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fkf8s8dfqgfcx5y/SoR3Roo6.zip

All of the hitsounds for every attack have been changed to SoR 3's hitsounds, except for Boom Hop, the Lv.3 Hyper. Roo also now has a back throw (Back+b while holding an opponent from the front). His two special attacks also have a sound when using them, and he also has a jump sound.

I've decided against adding his voice since he doesn't actually have his own voice in SoR 3; its actually Skate's voice that you hear when playing as Roo in SoR 3. That is just weird. Also, please tell me of any other missing sounds, if any.
Sometimes I listen to video game music more than I actually play the game.
Check out my Bonus Game & Characters!: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-11-chars-162092.0.html
IKEMEN Version: https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-ikemen-version-update-728-196297.0.html
#103  April 05, 2015, 02:04:52 am
    • Germany
Nice update.

Roo is still way too silent... I wouldn´t mind if you stick with his "source" voice. As a alternative just use Tekkens Roger/Roger jr. voice for his attacks.

Will test further and give feedback.

EDIT:

Tested the bonus game... Dunno why, but using Victorys Shin Mr. Karate I always get a KO "for real" even tho I still got lives.

Fire attacks (Big Bens fire breath or the grenades) should inflame the other player. Speaking of Big Ben... does he have his significant laughter?
Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:37:57 pm by Staubhold
#104  April 05, 2015, 11:23:44 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Tested the bonus game... Dunno why, but using Victorys Shin Mr. Karate I always get a KO "for real" even tho I still got lives.

That sounds like a character specific problem. I did find this in his -2 states:

Code:
[State -2, Defense Levels]
type = DefenceMulSet
triggerall = !AILevel
trigger1 = var(53) = 1
value = 1.125 * (const(data.fall.defence_mul) ** GetHitVar(FallCount))
ignoreHitPause = 1

[State -2, Defense Levels]
type = LifeAdd
triggerall = !AILevel
trigger1 = var(53) = 1
trigger1 = GetHitVar(HitCount) = 1 && GetHitVar(Damage)
trigger1 = StateNo != [760,762]
value = -ceil(ifElse(var(53) = 1, 0.15, 0) * GetHitVar(Damage))
kill = 0
ignoreHitPause = 1

He might be KOing himself with that lifeadd state controller. No enemy attack can KO you "for real" if you have lives remaining. However, the lives system in the Bonus Game only work with enemy attacks. If characters can cause damage to themselves in any way, they might KO themselves.

Funny enough, I just tested him in both of his "modes" that were indicated in the Readme file and he didn't get KO'd for real once... I'll do some more testing and see if anything happens...

Fire attacks (Big Bens fire breath or the grenades) should inflame the other player. Speaking of Big Ben... does he have his significant laughter?

I'll add a PalFX for Big-Ben's Fire Breath and maybe the grenades too. Also, Big-Ben does have his laugh, although he'll only laugh if he has a target. If he hits something with a HitOverride he won't laugh.

EDIT: I did some more testing with Mr.Karate, but so far he isn't being KO'd early by the SoR enemies in the bonus game. I'm not sure what could be wrong at this point...

Also, I was a bit wrong about Big-Ben's Fire Breath attack. He will laugh even if the flames hit something with a hitoverride. I'm going to change that in the next update to make him laugh only if he has a target.

Also, expect two new enemies...
Check out my Bonus Game & Characters!: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-11-chars-162092.0.html
IKEMEN Version: https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-ikemen-version-update-728-196297.0.html
Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:55:44 am by K-Fox
#105  April 15, 2015, 01:08:22 am
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Here is another update (Hope the file isn't messed-up, my internet was acting weird when I was uploading this to Mediafire):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/einn396ifrbmt7y/SoRC15.zip

Changes:

1. Big-Ben won't laugh if he hits something with a HitOverride with his flame breath attack. That attack also now causes a palfx on hit.
2. Added two Config options that let you limit how often enemies can block attacks. Be sure to check them out.
3. Fixed problem with some enemies almost never blocking attacks when you set the "Enemy Block Type" in the Config file to 1 or 2.
4. When Fog jumps in with his motorcycle, he appears farther offscreen. Should help prevent him from cheap-shotting you when you are near the edge of the screen.
5. After Fog goes offscreen on his motorcycle, he stays offscreen for a bit longer (Makes him less annoying).
6. NEW ENEMIES: Tiger & Agent.

-Tiger is fast, has 800 max life (normal difficulty), can block, and has strong combo ability with his kick and low kick attacks. However, he can't combo whenever he wants; he has to wait for 'energy' to charge before he can combo.

-Agent has 750 life (normal difficulty again) and is quite slow, but he has a gun, which makes him the only non-boss enemy with a projectile attack, not including Jack. He also has a fairly unique trick; after he punches you, he has a good chance of throwing you right afterwards. He may also punch or shoot at you while crouching. The low punch must be blocked low, but not the crouching gunshot.

As always, tell me of any bugs you happen to come across and I'll fix them.

Random thought: You may have noticed that it is almost impossible to knock down Jet and Rocket; they always Air Recover as they hit the ground, unless the attack is a throw. How much more of a threat are they because of this ability?
#106  April 15, 2015, 10:05:04 pm
    • Germany
Thanks again for the update!

Some feedback...

- I do think that Bruce (Roo master) appears way too often (at least in my playthrough)
 - Agent should aim for a much longer time before he shoots, more like in the source game
 - On the Zamza & Jet boss fight... I managed to beat Zamza first and got the "boss beaten" slowdown, but Jett was still there. Since you have to beat both, maybe the "boss beaten" slowdown should only appear when both bosses are koed.
 - Ash ( ;D so nice that he is in there)... add his laugh & taunt after each time he throws p1, maybe add more voices to his attacks.
You could look for inspiration at the "Streets of Rage Remake" fan game. I think they used his laugh in some of his attacks & (again) some of Skate voices.

Random thought: You may have noticed that it is almost impossible to knock down Jet and Rocket; they always Air Recover as they hit the ground, unless the attack is a throw. How much more of a threat are they because of this ability?

Not much of a threat because of that. I like it.
#107  April 30, 2015, 02:04:07 am
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Another update! I meant to post this days ago, but my internet has been ultra slow for the past few days.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o2d32wqgm94e2ts/SoRC16.zip

Changes:

1. When the Enemy Block Type in the Config file is set to 1 or 2, enemies who block attacks can no longer attack right after recovering from the hit (although it is still a very short delay).
2. Fixed issue with blocking enemies not blocking projectiles when the Enemy Block Type in the Config file is set to 1 or 2.
3. Fixed rarely seen problem of Jet/Rocket losing hold of their target after grabbing them and still performing the slam attack anyway.
4. Agent takes a bit longer to fire his gun. Little note: when he fires while crouching, the delay before firing is slightly lower.
5. Ash now laughs after a successful throw, but not if you are playing in simul mode against the Bonus Game.
6. Shiva has a different KO voice than the other bosses. His theme music also now cuts out as soon as he is KO'd.
7. You no longer turn to face normal enemies after they are KO'd.
8. Fixed issue with some custom state attacks not defeating enemies (again).
9. Your Power (Super Energy) is now shown with a bar and number instead of the previous method.
10. Reduced chance of Garcia/Donavan appearing during the battle with Mr.X (again).

Random thought: How tough is Raven to you?

- I do think that Bruce (Roo master) appears way too often (at least in my playthrough)

All enemies have an equal chance of appearing, but every now and then you'll get weird luck and end up fighting a lot of one enemy. Not a good thing if three Ravens show up...

- On the Zamza & Jet boss fight... I managed to beat Zamza first and got the "boss beaten" slowdown, but Jett was still there. Since you have to beat both, maybe the "boss beaten" slowdown should only appear when both bosses are koed.

I tried add it, but it wasn't working right... I'll try to get it working later...

You could look for inspiration at the "Streets of Rage Remake" fan game.

Oh yes, Streets of Rage Remake. I have it, and it is awesome. I actually got the idea of Abadede's intro from it (in some of the levels, you fight an Abadede clone that runs with his dash punch.)
#108  May 01, 2015, 06:19:26 am
    • USA
    • carlosg.olitan@yahoo.com
okay so one issue im having is that whenever i end up fighting Zamza and Jet at the same time and i lose 2 lives even having like a bunch, my character just disappears from the stage completely and they just move around in place on the stage doing nothing waiting for something to appear. Anyone know how to fix this?

Aside from jet or rocket's difficulty, I have mainly mvc/infinite style chars so aerial enemies aren't an issue i guess, i guess it depends on the character. But their recover makes them by far the most annoying/dangerous enemies in game imo, especially when hitting them is already kind of a pain, but no complaints really.
Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:25:32 am by NovaBlazerZX
#109  May 05, 2015, 10:47:41 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
okay so one issue im having is that whenever i end up fighting Zamza and Jet at the same time and i lose 2 lives even having like a bunch, my character just disappears from the stage completely and they just move around in place on the stage doing nothing waiting for something to appear. Anyone know how to fix this?

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Could you post a screenshot with debug mode on when this happens? I'll then see what I need to fix...

Guess what!? Blaze Fielding joins MUGEN! (No screenshots yet though...)

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9z65t9aeipnz39m/BlazeSoR3.zip

As always, post any problems/suggestions and I'll look into it. Blaze is a judo master, so you'll want to use her powerful throws a lot to deal big damage. Please tell me if they are too strong though... Her throws are strong in SoR 3, but I don't know if that works well here in MUGEN...

EDIT: Bleh, Blaze only has 1 palette. I forgot to make more. I'll include them in the next update for Blaze...
Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:12:32 am by K-Fox
Re: Streets of Rage 2 Bonus Game + 3 Chars
#110  May 06, 2015, 12:48:41 am
    • Germany
Nice! Thanks for Blaze.  :thumbsup:

Some feedback...

- jumping feels kinda strange, p.e. Blaze is sliding forward when landing
 - forward walk animation looks wrong... looks like her animation speeds up after some steps
 - needs more voice & sounds from the source game
 - misaligned p2 position on "Forwards Slam" & "Back Throw"
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- p2 position looks nice on "Suplex", but IMO it would look better if she throws p2 and not just drops him (like in the source game)
 - reaction of p2 after "Slide" hit is strange, should not launch p2
 - "Sword Charge" hyper looks weak for a level 3 (not damage wise)
 - how about adding her "Kikou Shou" voice in there, so Blaze can yell at random either "Soul Fire" or "Kikou Shou". Would be nice.
 - add some "swosh" sounds to all attacks (p.e. if I just hit B for her punch and don´t hit p2, there is no sound at all), it will give the moves more impact
 - p.e. take a look at Dcat Powers "Skate Hunter" for overall sound using
Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:02:15 am by Staubhold
#111  May 06, 2015, 02:28:48 am
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
- jumping feels kinda strange, p.e. Blaze is sliding forward when landing

That very slight slide when she lands? If its an issue, I'll fix it...

- forward walk animation looks wrong... looks like her animation speeds up after some steps

I made some minor adjustments to it. It should look right now.

- needs more voice & sounds from the source game

I got it. I'll add them. I know I left out some...

- misaligned p2 position on "Forwards Slam" & "Back Throw"

Wow, that is just awful. I don't know how I didn't notice that. That will be fixed.

- p2 position looks nice on "Suplex", but IMO it would look better if she throws p2 and not just drops him (like in the source game)

Thats odd. I thought the target was just dropped after the suplex ended. I'll take a look at the attack in the SoR 3 again.

- reaction of p2 after "Slide" hit is strange, should not launch p2

Yeah, I did that because of how Shiva and Roo have 'launcher' attacks. Two trip attacks wouldn't do much for Blaze. I'll add an option to her config file to let you decide what the attack does.

- "Sword Charge" hyper looks weak for a level 3 (not damage wise)

Maybe some afterimages can help...

- how about adding her "Kikou Shou" voice in there, so Blaze can yell at random either "Soul Fire" or "Kikou Shou". Would be nice.

That seems cool. Will add.

- add some "swosh" sounds to all attacks (p.e. if I just hit B for her punch and don´t hit p2, there is no sound at all), it will give the moves more impact

Will add some. The silence always bugged me a bit too.

- p.e. take a look at Dcat Powers "Skate Hunter" for overall sound using

Will do.

After the next Blaze update, I'll work on getting her throws to throw the SoR 2 Bonus Game enemies properly. (Try 'suplexing' an enemy in the bonus game. It looks completely wrong.)

EDIT: Here is the update for Blaze:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cjlnb0kp688k9ka/SoR3Blaze2.zip

Changes (Another wall of text, so spoiler tags):

Next, I'm going to fix Blaze's throws to throw the SoR Bonus Game enemies correctly. Then, I'll start on Axel Stone.
Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:44:08 pm by K-Fox
#112  May 07, 2015, 08:36:03 pm
    • Germany
Thanks for the update.
Some feedback...

- additional sounds (jump, jump landing, "miss" sound) fit very well. Please update your other chars with those.
 - maybe add some conventional big portraits to your chars
 - walking & jump feels much better now
 - backdash landing sound is still the old one
 - misaligned hitsparks on "Foot Sweep", "Slide" & "Roundhouse"

- Blaze falls "under" the ground while falling

Then, I'll start on Axel Stone.

Nice!  :thumbsup: One suggestion... would love to see the "old school" SoR1 special attack police car assistance as one of the "Hyper Moves" either for Axel or Adam...

Can´t wait for Max & Dr. Zan, my "mains" from SoR2 & SoR3.  :)
Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:19:06 am by Staubhold
#113  May 19, 2015, 09:21:48 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Hello again! This time, its an update for all three SoR characters that I have made so far. Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7fztlo581m0gwd2/TripleSoRCharPack.zip

Changes are in each character's Update History file. Note: Blaze's throws don't throw the SoR 2 Bonus Game enemies properly yet. Still working on that.

One big change is the addition of the "Shoulder Throw" defensive technique. It works with all characters, although Blaze and Roo have unique animations for it. The Shoulder Throw allows you to prevent Blaze/Roo/Shiva from using their Suplex/KickRage/Slam attack against you when they are holding you from the back.

To perform the Shoulder Throw, press A when being held from behind by Blaze, Roo, or Shiva. What happens after this depends if you are controlling Blaze or Roo, or another character.

1. Blaze or Roo: Blaze/Roo will kick forwards. Press B just as they are about to touch the ground again to perform the Shoulder Throw.

2. Anyone else, including Shiva: Your character will start to shake. When the shaking slows down, press B to perform the Shoulder Throw.

When the Shoulder Throw is successful, the person who was holding you gets sent flying forwards. They take a good amount of damage once they hit the ground, but they are able to ground recover from this. Remember to hit Up+A before you hit the ground if you get shoulder thrown!

And as always, tell me of any problems found. I've added quite a few things to each character, so I'd appreciate feedback about each character.
#114  May 20, 2015, 01:39:29 am
    • Germany
Nice updates, thanks! Really like the additional sounds & the "Air Steering".

Shiva
 - blue CLSN while jumping is a bit small

- y "Axe Kick" needs sound effect on hit & miss
 - dash needs a sound
 - Launcher kick on "Level 3 Blitz" needs sounds
 - first hit on "Ax-Crash" needs sounds
 - "Shiva-Combo" hyper needs sounds (miss)

Roo
 - crouching c "Spin Dash" needs sounds
 - all "Blitz Attacks" needs sounds
 - Should "Tornado Kick" special travels through p2? IMO it should not...

Blaze
 - you should extend her blue CLSN while jumping

- missing sounds on "Level 3 Blitz"
 - "Knife Frenzy" hyper needs some knife slashing sounds
 - step sounds while run would be nice

Will test further...

Small suggestion for the Bonus Game.
They used it in the Remake Fan Game and I really liked it. When Mr X dies and all the bullets from the Tommy Gun are falling down in the brief silence, they added some bullet shell drop sounds... IMO it would be nice if you add that.
#115  May 27, 2015, 04:01:23 am
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Hey Staubhold, thanks for the feedback. I added/fixed almost everything you suggested for this update.

This time, everything has been updated.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a77z7do3jdd7u7o/SoRBGame_ShivaBlazeRoo.zip

Changes are in the Update History files of each character. Win quotes have been added to Shiva, Roo, and Blaze. Tell me how good they are, because I'm not too good with guessing what they would say... Also, their win quotes change based on how much life they have remaining after the match ends.

The Bonus Game has also got two new SoR 3 enemies: Slum and Vice. Both are quite weak, but Slum can block and Vice can grab you then start head-butting you (mash the buttons to escape).

I kinda rushed this update, so tell me of any problems as usual. I think some sounds I added might be hard to hear. I'm already working on fixing that.
#116  May 27, 2015, 10:05:29 pm
    • Germany
Thanks again!  :)
Sound update is very nice.

Some feedback...

Shiva
 - Launcher Kick on Lv.2/Lv.3 blitz attack needs miss sounds
 - "Ax-Crash" hyper needs miss sounds
 - "Shiva-Combo" too

Roo
 - with the right timing I can do a 16 hit "b" punch combo on p2 in the corner without going into the "Basic Combo". Damage is minimal, but still...
 - "Buttbutt" needs miss sounds
 - "Roo-Combo" needs miss sounds
 - "BoomHop" hyper p2 falling sounds plays, after p2 hitting the ground

Bonus Game
 - typo in the UpdateHistory... You called the SoR3 new enemies Slum & Vice, in the txt file you wrote "4. NEW ENEMIES: Slum & Zack"
 - Jack misses his knife twirling sounds
 - R.Bear misses his "hubba hubba" voice while headbutting
 - spinning sound for Kusanagis jump/spin attack is missing
 - red clsn on knife-wielding Garcia should be shortend IMO or should not extend to the ground
 - since you added the music for Ash, maybe you should add Vehelits music to his battle too. He´s kinda a special mini boss with his black & white bg and his screen locking effect
 - defeating Mr. X gives a strange falling sound effect after he´s koed

After reading that Axel Stone & Robo-X/Robot X is in "Project X Zone 2", I would love to see Robo-X in your Bonus game.  :)
#117  June 06, 2015, 12:58:06 am
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Re: Streets of Rage 2 Bonus Game + 4 Chars
#118  June 06, 2015, 02:10:33 am
    • Germany
Yeah, another update!  :)

Some quick feedback...

Axel
 - like with Roo before the update I can do a 10+hit combo with only "b" punches in the corner ... or a 18 hit combo with "b" and juggling p2 with "Basic Combo"

- Axel doesn´t  loses life when he´s doing a Special move without special meter
 - I really don´t like the fact that the sprites have the source game shadows still in there. Looks bad on some occasions, p.e. "Dragon Smash", but that´s a problem on all of the chars...

Shiva
 - first kick of "Ax-Crash" hyper has no hit sound, just a "miss" sound

Will test the bonus game further. Keep up the good work K-Fox!  :thumbsup:
#119  June 06, 2015, 04:12:43 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
- Axel doesn´t  loses life when he´s doing a Special move without special meter

Oh that can't be left unfixed. Here is a quick update:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ck63p2wd4opm1a6/AxelBlazeRooShiva2.zip

Axel changes:
1. Fixed issue with Axel not losing life when using special attacks without a full special meter.
2. Axel jumps lower at the end of 'Dragon Smash' and 'Spinning Bare Knuckle+'.
3. Second palette added.

No one else has any changes, except for a minor change that makes a sound (Voice) play when Axel attempts to shoulder throw someone.
#120  June 06, 2015, 04:27:29 pm
    • Germany
"Dragon Smash" still doesn´t cost life with no special meter.  :lipsrsealed2: