YesNoOk

The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Justice for Floyd edition (Read 653180 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: "Solution to the gun problem? More guns!"
#1001  February 25, 2018, 05:33:56 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
So what exactly is your point then?  You say you don't think laws are useless but then in the exact same sentence you say that you don't believe laws will do anything.

Do shoplifting laws prevent theft? Do life sentences prevent murder?
More laws would be great because at least it would prevent a couple
of mentally ill citizens from obtaining them and that's great but a
handfull of them would slip thru the cracks by not purchasing them
the old fashion way.

the best way really to prevent a school shooting is to have officers
checking students before they enter a school building.
That's  100% foul proof way, feet on the ground checking everything.
I dont want our schools to look like military check points either but
nowadays I dont think we have a choice.
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: "Solution to the gun problem? More guns!"
#1002  February 25, 2018, 05:50:44 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
But we do have a choice:  To start making the steps to move away from this gun-centric culture we've created for ourselves.  The problem of there being too many guns in schools will never, by any stretch of the imagination, be solved by putting even more guns in schools.  It's only going to lead to more violence and more deaths.  We have to stop creating a country where firearms have more rights and are treated with more respect than human beings.
#1003  February 25, 2018, 06:08:14 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
But we do have a choice:  To start making the steps to move away from this gun-centric culture we've created for ourselves.  The problem of there being too many guns in schools will never, by any stretch of the imagination, be solved by putting even more guns in schools.  It's only going to lead to more violence and more deaths.  We have to stop creating a country where firearms have more rights and are treated with more respect than human beings.

That's the point of having officers checking students, to prevent
the guns from making it inside.  Its a good idea to move away from
our gun loving culture but that's not something me or you will
live long enough to happen.

The steps can be started now but the USA wont be gun free for at least a
couple generations ahead of us. Once we are all gone and dead,
with our old ideology of guns and a new generation is in place with
a totally different mindset about guns. That has to start now though,
parents, teachers and anybody else kids look up to need to start
putting these ideas into they're heads so they can pass it on to they're
own and keep planting that seed over and over until its reality
because right now its not feasible to confiscate all guns.
You still have the NRA and millions of gun owners alive that would
not give them up no matter what.

#1004  February 25, 2018, 06:58:44 pm
    • USA
I completely agree with your sentiment there, but I still don't think turning schools into police states is the way to go.  Those same resources would be better spent on tracking down and stopping the illegal arms trades we know are going on rather than preemptively treating all schoolchildren as potential criminals.
#1005  February 25, 2018, 08:49:48 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-shooting-survivor-tells-nra-130642934.html

This kid was thinking the same thing I was just talking about,
he told the NRA "we will out live you". The steps have already
begun just with his statement alone.

That's what future generations need right there so when they are old
enough to take positions of power away from the old guard they can
make changes to stop the madness.
#1006  February 26, 2018, 10:59:15 am
why not bring back cat. train people how to use fire arms , teach people while they are young the responsibility of owning a gun.

singapore , S.K. switzerland and i think finland implements strict gun laws while being part of the most gun owners and lowest firearm homicides in the world.
#1007  February 26, 2018, 03:15:47 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
Sorry Memo but the gun culture will never go away in this country. For every 1 kid taught that guns are bad and have no part in a civilized society there are 10 times more kids being taught that guns are a tool and can be used for good such as protection. Guns are a huge part of this country's history. You can teach kids all day long that guns are not necessary but the moment they see one being used by security guards protecting the president of the US that logic goes out the door. "If they were so bad how come cops use them?" they'll ask. Guns will never go away. Ever. You have 100's of years to make up for. This is a gun loving country and that will never change. That kid will never out live the NRA.

地獄の花 has the right idea. But like I've said before this country needs a change in the way we see life. We're all sitting here talking about guns killing kids but nobody is talking about all the babies that get aborted. Why is that? Why don't more people get loud about abortions? Does that not matter? Is that not important? People in the US in general have lost sight of how precious life is. Probably due to the fact that this country as a whole has put God on the back burner.
#1008  February 26, 2018, 04:01:19 pm
    • USA
Yeah, you don’t really get to talk about how precious life is after writing a giant rambling paragraph about how you think guns deserve more rights and protection than people do.
#1009  February 26, 2018, 04:49:28 pm
    • USA
#1010  February 26, 2018, 04:53:15 pm
but the moment they see one being used by security guards protecting the president of the US that logic goes out the door. "If they were so bad how come cops use them?" they'll ask.
And why exactly can't they get the same answer as all the other countries where guns are regulated and the leader / president / king is still protected
Educate parents and kids properly and guns will disappear just like everywhere else.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1011  February 26, 2018, 04:58:36 pm
    • USA
Guns are regulated in the US. Criminals don't care.
#1012  February 26, 2018, 06:10:57 pm
Guns are regulated in other countries and yet there's nowhere near as much gun violence. Why is it just the US where "criminals don't care about laws and they'll get guns anyway"
There are criminals in countries like the UK, France, Australia, there are illegal guns too, there are gun-related crimes and deaths too, and yet there's no mass shooting like the US, and nowhere near as much gun violence. Explain.

Saying criminals don't care about laws is just admitting that laws are useless and you might as well not bother making any. And that's fucking dumb.
You make the law even if criminals don't care, and one day, crime will go down.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 06:17:11 pm by Byakko
#1013  February 26, 2018, 06:49:45 pm
    • USA
What you just said is what I've been trying to point out. Guns are not the issue. There's an underlying problem in the US. There's a mental and spiritual breakdown in this country. Mass murder will continue with or without guns. Guns just make it easier. But like I pointed out last week explosives are worse of all. If guns were suddenly gone then those psychos would just make home made explosives. We have laws Byakko. We have laws for everything wrong. They're not working. That's why I suggested more severe punishment for breaking those laws.
#1014  February 26, 2018, 06:52:57 pm
If guns were suddenly gone then those psychos would just make home made explosives.
1- they wouldn't
2- it would happen far less often than mass shootings
3- it would kill less people unless someone somehow manages to plant bombs in an entire building to make it collapse
4- other countries that have actual gun regulation still don't have that kind of attacks, so no.
#1015  February 26, 2018, 07:49:50 pm
    • USA
We're not talking about other countries. We're talking about the US. Did you not see the link I posted a little ways back about the deadliest school massacre. Explosives were used. And they were detonated in a truck in a parking lot.
#1016  February 26, 2018, 07:53:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The NRA and the GOP proposed a law that would create statutory federal minimum jail time for someone caught with an illegal gun. The Democrats opposed it because they said it was racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Exile

[EDIT]
it takes two sides to get a succesful negotiation.
Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 07:57:38 pm by Bastard Mami
#1017  February 26, 2018, 08:30:14 pm
We're not talking about other countries. We're talking about the US.
And I'm telling you about other countries. The US aren't a special little snowflake where things that work everywhere else won't work just because.

Did you not see the link I posted a little ways back about the deadliest school massacre. Explosives were used. And they were detonated in a truck in a parking lot.
And how many times has that happened compared to mass shootings
#1018  February 26, 2018, 08:36:45 pm
    • USA
@ Mami - Yes it does. We need harsh penalties for breaking laws. Criminals need to know breaking them will result in suffering. We don't need more laws we just need to uphold the ones we have now and punish severely. And we need to get rid of lawmen who can't do their jobs like that loser democrat sheriff in Florida.

@ Byakko - Other countries don't have a constitution like us. Its' not a right to own a gun like it is here. So quit referring to other countries. It's pointless. Like I said guns are easier to use because you can get them anywhere. Legally and illegally. Take them away and crazies will find other ways to kill lots of people. You act like taking guns away will drop the murder count significantly but it won't. Mass murderers will find another way to get the job done. Something else will take the place of guns. Taking away their preferred way to kill won't take them away. They still have a motive so they'll just find a different tool.
#1019  February 26, 2018, 08:43:32 pm
The NRA and the GOP proposed a law that would create statutory federal minimum jail time for someone caught with an illegal gun. The Democrats opposed it because they said it was racist.

This is the other element the gets neglected when it comes to gun talk. There are a lot of people out there saying "we need more gun laws" yet when it comes to taking action on illegal possession (certainly in cities) it turns into a race issue. "It's not right to do this because it effects the black community more than anyone," as if we should put feelings over the safety of others, could be said about both parties of course. At least the drug crime issue can be argued as a thinly veiled ploy for mass incarceration, funny how white families now want drug crime penalties to be softer because of the heroin crisis.

I'm digressing though; more laws will only do but so much to stop mass shootings. A recent plot was thwarted in California, and that one involved a 17 year old who was gonna use the guns owned by his brother, in which one of them was legally owned. As long as a suicidal person can find a family member who has weapons or have easy access via the dark market, all it takes is a little persistence and they'll find a way to gun people down.

The only way I know of to really lower the chances of these attacks is if what the US does what Australia did in 1996 after they had a mass shooting, and destroy the surplus of guns in abundance. I think we all know the chances of that happening though, and I'm not even sure how successful that would be since Australia has a much smaller populace and doesn't have notorious drug cartels right below them. Of course there's no way the results would be worse than the status quo.
Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:48:29 pm by Niitris
#1020  February 26, 2018, 08:44:41 pm
Like I said guns are easier to use because you can get them anywhere. Legally and illegally.
I already talked about that. It's not an excuse to not make laws.
You act like taking guns away will drop the murder count significantly but it won't.
That's just a lie you tell yourself.
Mass murderers will find another way to get the job done. Something else will take the place of guns. Taking away their preferred way to kill won't take them away. They still have a motive so they'll just find a different tool.
And yet it doesn't happen anywhere else ! So what, does no other country have crazy people who want to be mass murderers, is it only guns that turn people in the US into mass murderers and then even if you take away the guns they're still mass murderers and they'll use other tools ? Again, it's a lie you tell yourself to justify having guns.