YesNoOk

Question on adding custom sprites. (Read 9595 times)

Started by Korvus, December 07, 2022, 06:41:39 pm
Share this topic:
Question on adding custom sprites.
#1  December 07, 2022, 06:41:39 pm
    • Philippines
Hi, so i was able to make a new sprites for sakura kasugano using her own sprites (i made sprites for misogi). which means the colors and indexes are the same with the original ones i edited. but once i imported the custom ones into the sff, made the animations and run it into the game, the sprites i made are not affected by the existing color pallets (.act) for example, the character supposed to be using the second pallet which is white and pink sailor uniform, all other animations have the right colors but once she uses misogi, her uniform changes to white and blue then comes back to the white and pink after misogi ends... how do i fix this.. thanks for your help.
Re: Question on adding custom sprites.
#2  December 09, 2022, 01:29:43 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
First of all, the sprites you made have to use the main palette color (blue and white seifuku) and second, you've to apply the character palette to the sprites to be compatible. If you don't make some (or any) of those 2 steps, then the sprites won't fit at all in the SFF and you'll get those problems

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  December 11, 2022, 07:27:31 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You need to either import the sprites again, but this time use Force the palette option. You'd make sure the forced palette is the default palette. Usually 0,0 or 1,0 or 1,1.
You might get away with swapping the palette in FF3. But more than likely the order of the colors in the two palettes wont line up properly and your custom sprites wont look good.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#4  January 03, 2023, 04:35:23 am
Hi, so i was able to make a new sprites for sakura kasugano using her own sprites (i made sprites for misogi). which means the colors and indexes are the same with the original ones i edited. but once i imported the custom ones into the sff, made the animations and run it into the game, the sprites i made are not affected by the existing color pallets (.act) for example, the character supposed to be using the second pallet which is white and pink sailor uniform, all other animations have the right colors but once she uses misogi, her uniform changes to white and blue then comes back to the white and pink after misogi ends... how do i fix this.. thanks for your help.

that means your sprite and original sprite is not using same index.
when imported, FF create a new pal index for yours.

you can
make sure the index is same for all sprites
or
force to use existing pal index when import