YesNoOk

MT7's WIP Color Separation Thread (Read 549398 times)

Started by MT7, June 11, 2023, 10:35:25 pm
Share this topic:

MT7

Re: MT7's WIP Color Separation Thread
#21  July 08, 2023, 05:18:06 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

uh hi been a while.
Hisui's Pal Template was uploaded on the CS Thread. I finally uploaded the template here.

I haven't worked on Hisui for a while causing a slow intrest in working on the CS. BUT I promise to get this out! I got her basic movements, intro/win and some attacks fully CS'd! I'll update this thread if anything happens. Once I get Hisui's CS done, I'll probably take a short break on CSing for a bit then come back to work on someone.

MT7

#22  July 20, 2023, 12:22:24 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

It's done... Hisui's CS has finally been completed along with the thread updated! This was certainly an experience motivation wise.
With Hisui finally completed, I'm gonna take a small break from CS, those amount of sprites on Hisui were *wew*

MT7

#23  July 26, 2023, 07:01:34 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

ello I'm back :D
I'm here to show a new CS I'm working on right now.
Hinata Wakaba by Li_Kun & Fervicante!

MT7

#24  July 28, 2023, 06:18:51 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

Dropping a new update
Hinata's Pal Template has been uploaded on the CS Thread and is now uploaded here
anyone is welcome to make pals for her!

MT7

#25  August 03, 2023, 09:39:25 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

Hi, uh this update isn't going to be a good one...
Unfortunately I lost Hinata's Color Separation while I was cleaning my PC, I didn't make a back up of it unfortunately so all progress on her is gone. I'm gonna have to restart on her but I feel more motivated to get this done now to prevent something like this from happening again. I'm gonna make an updated pal template of her cause I changed some things in the sff.
Sucks this happened but it's a important learning experience to ALWAYS back up things!!
#26  August 05, 2023, 04:47:25 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

That sucks :(
But is good to see you still have motivation to continue. Your CS's are amazing btw. :rolleyesugoi:

MT7

#27  August 10, 2023, 01:08:52 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

Here's Hinata's updated template
Progress has been going well with her.
*edit: I forgot the camera pal so I added to the template
#28  August 10, 2023, 02:31:12 am
  • separation saves sprites
  • discord: obbydoesstuff
    • USA

The CS is looking really good! The template isn't indexed, but it's very expansive!

MT7

#29  August 10, 2023, 02:35:12 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

Wait it isn't?! Goddamnit! I'll fix that later, I'm out currently try the one on the CS thread if it isn't, I'm gonna cry

MT7

#30  August 12, 2023, 12:28:12 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

ALRIGHT!! I have some great news, most of Hinata's sprites have been fully CSd. There are some sprites that still need to be fully CS'd like get hits, Batsu and Ran. Ever since the restart after losing the original sff. I decided to focus on Hinata's sprites first then slowly move over to Batsu and Ran. Things have been great so far and I'm hopeful to get this done next week!

#31  August 15, 2023, 03:01:10 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Looking amazing, you have been doing God's work with these separations, the Hotaru one is perfect :D keep it up, definitely igniting my desire of doing palettes for these again, like years ago
Chilling

MT7

#32  August 16, 2023, 09:08:49 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

Hinata's Color Separation has finally been completed!!! Release thread has been updated, my next choice is unknown at the moment. I think I'll take a break after all this happening
#33  August 17, 2023, 09:40:14 pm
  • separation saves sprites
  • discord: obbydoesstuff
    • USA

Congrats on your release! It's really cool that you saw it through even though you lost the file.

I'm a little late to the party on palette contributions, but I made a Heart Aino palette for Hinata.

MT7

#34  February 04, 2024, 09:53:55 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

oh hey, been a while since I've been on this thread. Didn't know it would be THIS long since I've done a CS. This time I've actually wanted to tackle something different.
Yep the new Color Separation I'm doing is a Guilty Gear character, Baiken!
Her template has just been finished, she hasn't been worked on yet, but due to how BIG this one is, it's gonna take quite a while for me to finish

*edit: forgot to mention, Jubei is DEFINETLY planned but we don't have a fully completed version of him but none the less he's definitely gonna be worked on in the future

MT7

#35  February 08, 2024, 09:21:09 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

Showing some progress on Baiken, all of her movements have been completed along with two win poses

#36  February 09, 2024, 02:24:38 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
That looks pretty great, the only thing concerning me it how it could exceed some color amount on the palette tbh, I dont feel her fingers and toes need to be separated like that.

Definitely an interesting endeavor, toyed with the idea back in the day cause they can kind of comfy to separate given the resolution of the sprites. Keep it up, it is looking amazing as mentioned
Chilling
#37  February 09, 2024, 05:03:42 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Looks nice.

However, I think you should use a different small portrait.  Baiken doesn't wear the eyepatch in her older design, so it looks a bit strange.

MT7

#38  February 09, 2024, 05:12:56 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

Looks nice.

However, I think you should use a different small portrait.  Baiken doesn't wear the eyepatch in her older design, so it looks a bit strange.

It was part of the original character and I do agree it's weird to use the Xrd design as the portrait when the sprites are from GGX, but I'll go for the extra and make a new small port just for this

MT7

#39  February 18, 2024, 08:25:45 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

got a good amount done this week, standing, crouching, and air attacks are finished

all that's left are grab attacks, specials, supers, get-hits and pals

MT7

#40  March 04, 2024, 09:07:34 pm
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA

About time I dropped an update, things are going pretty good I got a lot done since the last update I posted, only thing remains are get-hits and pals to convert/make

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty