YesNoOk

Haggar (Final Fight) (Read 46464 times)

Started by Sean Altly, April 25, 2012, 05:53:21 am
Share this topic:
Re: Haggar (Final Fight)
#21  April 25, 2012, 07:14:30 pm
Yes!

I don't think he needs another special move because he's already given more utility than your average grappler. His moves might just need tweaking,. I'm going to withdraw judgement until I see a beta for the most part but Flying Haggar Press might need to be replaced with probably some sort of super spinning lariat but at the same time, not like Gief's super lariat. The press could probably work if it was condensed into some sort of air command normal (Maybe not a special move but a command normal.).
#22  April 25, 2012, 07:16:30 pm
i agree on the moves, i don't think he's going to need more than what he currently has
#23  April 25, 2012, 07:24:26 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The purpose of the body press is that it OTGs, and makes an excellent combo ender as well as the fact that it tracks the opponent and has hilariously deceptive hitboxes, even being able to hurt you on the impact after Haggar has already hit the ground. 
#24  April 25, 2012, 07:36:25 pm
    • USA
Awesome. Thats all I have to say.
#25  April 25, 2012, 08:05:11 pm
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
I'm so fucking hyped for this.
#26  April 25, 2012, 09:30:46 pm
The purpose of the body press is that it OTGs, and makes an excellent combo ender as well as the fact that it tracks the opponent and has hilariously deceptive hitboxes, even being able to hurt you on the impact after Haggar has already hit the ground.

I said that because of what he said earlier about move tweaking.

Since CvTW doesn't use ground bounces and doesn't have a huge aerial game, his moves and what not obviously need tweaked a bit.

I know how it works in MvC3, but Sean might not want Haggar to do that in CvtW.
#27  April 25, 2012, 10:26:47 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I like the idea of a Super Lariat, like the one Buckus' Haggar has, but I do see the utility in every one of the supers he has. Hmmm.

Download Last Bout now!
#28  April 25, 2012, 10:30:09 pm
The choice is yours. Another question is why the Lariat removes health? I don't quite get that, and will Axel be finished before Haggar?
#29  April 25, 2012, 10:33:33 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
That's how it worked in Final Fight and how it works in MVC3. It's just a call back to the special moves from Final Fight. However, it's completely invincible. And no, since I'm getting paid for Haggar, I won't be working on anyone else's sprites until he's done.

Download Last Bout now!
#30  April 25, 2012, 10:44:12 pm
    • USA

IMHO i think he looks a bit stiff (i'm not sure if it's some type of homage to his previous appearances.) needs a little more movement around his fingers (especially his left, which is your right), his face could also use some type of movement (indicating that he is breathing  :P). His chest also seems to go up and down like his neck is going up and down (look closely at his neck.)

Beautiful sprites, Sean, i'm glad you're making him.
#31  April 25, 2012, 11:43:01 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Im anticipating this as much as all your other works.  :)
I look forward to it.
#32  April 25, 2012, 11:53:02 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it

IMHO i think he looks a bit stiff (i'm not sure if it's some type of homage to his previous appearances.) needs a little more movement around his fingers (especially his left, which is your right), his face could also use some type of movement (indicating that he is breathing  :P). His chest also seems to go up and down like his neck is going up and down (look closely at his neck.)

Beautiful sprites, Sean, i'm glad you're making him.

No way, all those animations just for a stance? In game how long you will be seeing him in his stace? 0,5 seconds? To me this is kind of animation is ok, putting more is kind of overdoing?

#33  April 25, 2012, 11:56:25 pm
I don't see why there's not room for improvement. All spriters should be open to feedback if you ask me. I still think his abs and fingers look weird. Plus on his left (My left) knee there's some sort of weird shade of green that cuts through the side of his leg in a straight line, which looks kind of weird.
#34  April 26, 2012, 12:18:39 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Regarding the Mario pallete..you could always color separate part of his torso to give him a shirt..it'd probably make more work for you but it'd offer some more pallete opportunities :) especially with MDD's pallete awesomeness
#35  April 26, 2012, 12:41:22 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
man this gonna be cool
I agree with zombie sagat make a smart pallete for haggar  ;)
#36  April 26, 2012, 12:45:01 am
    • Argentina
It's a me, Haggio!

;D
#37  April 26, 2012, 01:04:51 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
^ That's what Mario would probably look like in CVS after eating a Super Mushroom.

One of the pant suspenders snapping right off and shit. lol
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#38  April 26, 2012, 01:11:35 am
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Don't forget the camo pants. XD

Altough thoce would be a nightmare to colour seperate. :S
#39  April 26, 2012, 01:15:11 am
    • USA
#40  April 26, 2012, 01:40:10 am