YesNoOk

Merry Hyper Dragon Ball NEW Majin Build 2015 (Read 194663 times)

Started by Iced, December 23, 2015, 11:50:01 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Merry Hyper Dragon Ball NEW Majin Build 2015
#141  January 16, 2016, 05:46:11 am
    • USA
currently for vegetas Final Flash is:

it would be an easier input(On arcade stick and controller for sure) AND the same motion

if it was

I don't think you understand how commands work like in fighting games. The extra Down+Back you added is unnecessary and if anything it actually makes the motion harder to pull off. The 4th direction in the current command (Down) will still be read as just Down if you press Down+Back instead. You don't need to avoid pressing back for it to register as down.

That's also why arcade games don't usually have that kind of commands and stick to the ones this game uses.
#142  January 16, 2016, 06:19:40 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
this makes me realize how much i love keyboards. especially since arcades got the buttons on the right and movements on the left. that's suicide for me lol.. keyboard is love. good ol classic clicky cheap keyboard
#143  January 16, 2016, 06:56:35 am
  • Not for sale
its lenient enough that its almost not a problem, and most people with arcade sticks are used to pull those off so its not that big of an issue. if it was an arcade game where the only controller was a stick that could help newbies with the motion.

Great video, some of those guys were loving the winposes and intros, kinda sad they didnt manage to see more stuff.

They saw my Earthworm Jim, lol. I was high when I watched it (still am) and I found it overly amusing.

crp

#144  January 16, 2016, 10:39:23 am
    • France
If you do a normal aerial chain on a grounded opponent is it normal that he's getting knocked down?
#145  January 16, 2016, 10:45:49 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Yeah that's I believe to prevent infinites.
#146  January 16, 2016, 11:00:59 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
#147  January 16, 2016, 05:00:09 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
#148  January 16, 2016, 05:16:38 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Having to do with his c.SK, mostly.

crp

#149  January 17, 2016, 06:46:40 pm
    • France
Yeah that's I believe to prevent infinites.

Ok, seems reasonable.
On another topic someone told me about a bug with Gohan that with an emotion bar below the first threshold you can perform the lvl3 finisher.
#150  January 19, 2016, 03:01:58 am
  • Thanks for all the help!
    • USA
I just got to the final level of this build on hard 8 and I have a bunch of suggestions:

number 1:

In the mugen.cfg

;This option allows the AI to input commands without
 ;having to actually press any keys (in effect, cheating).
 ;Set to 1 to enable, 0 to disable.
AI.Cheat = 1

Set that to zero....This game shouldn't have to resort to cheating!

Number 2:

Cyan Vegeta is free and nonpunishable on everything. He can literally throw out a hyper be blocked and not get punished.

that's just bad imo

Number 3:

The saibaman battle is just plain bad. I had to stay in the corner and wait to punish. lower the health or make them come out less.

Number 4:

Gokus level 3 hyper should have no hurt boxes because it makes no sense that I build 3 meter, do that crazy input and get stopped by a jab. Make it slower and be able to jump over and that should make it better.

Number 5:

I often start a run and get stopped because the opponent goes flying and moves the screen.

Number 6:

super saiyan goku is much much stronger than normal goku and his rage mode is too good.

number 7:

Gohan is at hard 8 no matter what

number 8:

The display name for SSJ god Vegeta is set to "cyan vegeta" change it to super saiyan god vegeta.

I'll upload the video here tomorrow.
Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:12:53 am by goldeneragaming
#151  January 19, 2016, 04:23:08 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Why should they change AI.cheat parameter? Seriously how much of a difference do you think it's going to make? And while I have no knowledge of the coding involved, pretty sure custom AI coding renders any changes here null and void.

For the other ideas, all I can say is "git gud"

#152  January 19, 2016, 04:44:36 am
The display name for SSJ god Vegeta is set to "cyan vegeta" change it to super saiyan god vegeta.

Why would they change it to the wrong name? :P
It's Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta, or Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta.

Some of the difficulty adjustments would be a welcome change, but I don't think they're new suggestions at all.
Would you even notice AI cheat without popping open that file? It's such a small thing and tons of fighting games do it.

lui

#153  January 19, 2016, 04:45:45 am
    • USA

super saiyan goku is much much stronger than normal goku and his rage mode is too good.

are you fucking serious.

you can do all of this yourself, wtf

its not even cheating, it just makes the ai harder which is better for those who like the challenge.

and okay, these complaints are just ridiculous cmon man
I often start a run and get stopped because the opponent goes flying and moves the screen.

Gokus level 3 hyper should have no hurt boxes because it makes no sense that I build 3 meter, do that crazy input and get stopped by a jab. Make it slower and be able to jump over and that should make it better.
you obviously don't have a lot of knowledge of how fighting games work huh

also regarding the Cyan Vegeta and Saibamen fights, they are reasonable enough, Vegeta is a boss and Saibamen aren't normal opponents, git gud son
#154  January 19, 2016, 05:49:09 am
    • USA
Video is currently processing but once it's done it can be found here:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I'm posting this now because I want to reply to everyone before I go to bed.

Why should they change AI.cheat parameter? Seriously how much of a difference do you think it's going to make? And while I have no knowledge of the coding involved, pretty sure custom AI coding renders any changes here null and void.

For the other ideas, all I can say is "git gud"

It should make a good amount of difference considering Gohan was sending out masenkos as soon as I pressed a button and that's impossible to do on reaction. I may be wrong but it's still heart wrenching to see on such an amazing project. I understand if it stays that way because like I said...I'm just suggesting.

as far as the "git gud" comment...do you have footage of you beating the game on hard 8 without the aicheat off? Can you get as far as I did with this build as it is without changing anything in mugens coding? If you can I will watch the footage and say I should just get better.

Why would they change it to the wrong name? :P
It's Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta, or Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta.

Some of the difficulty adjustments would be a welcome change, but I don't think they're new suggestions at all.
Would you even notice AI cheat without popping open that file? It's such a small thing and tons of fighting games do it.

Whatever name is correct then it should be changed to that.

I did notice it before opening the file. I wasn't sure but I thought that maybe the case especially when fighting gohan. Plenty of fighting games nowadays don't do it and if you can provide proof that they do then I'll concede to your point.

are you fucking serious.

you can do all of this yourself, wtf

its not even cheating, it just makes the ai harder which is better for those who like the challenge.

and okay, these complaints are just ridiculous cmon man

you obviously don't have a lot of knowledge of how fighting games work huh

also regarding the Cyan Vegeta and Saibamen fights, they are reasonable enough, Vegeta is a boss and Saibamen aren't normal opponents, git gud son

I CAN do all of this myself but most who are going to play this can not. Most aren't going to take the time to learn how to code mugen and all this release and many like it are doing is turning them off from it and creating rage or anger for how cheap and full of bs it is.

It's cheating...it even says it's cheating in the mugen.cfg file.

Again with the git gud....can you do it? Can you film yourself doing it with this exact build without editing it?

I know how fighting games work. I've played them pretty much my whole life.

My issue is it seems this and many mugen releases like it are made broken on purpose in hopes someone new comes into the scene and learns how to code.

I have no problem with that and I think it's overall good for the community but what I don't like is everyone claiming it isn't broken or that everything is fine when it isn't.

It's b.s. and the average casual player who plays this will be turned off because of it.

Again, I understand and all I was doing was suggesting but don't try and tell me to git gud when i'm already pretty good.
#155  January 19, 2016, 06:48:33 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Mate i think you just suck at the game. Make SSJ Goku's hyper rush slower? Crazy input? jumping over it is literally the easiest thing. SIMPLY JUMP OVER IT. one button. He isn't going in Zigzags. he's going straight. Jump/Dash/Block/stop with ki blast/Stop with kick. why would anyone make an attack that takes nearly 50% at weakest be unblockable. 

I play on keyboard, idk about you, but the input of his hyper rush is really just rolling your fingers back and fourth. IMO it's actually a really fun input.
I think you have poor reaction timing, and just generally suck at this game. literal keys. down forward down back + kick.

The Saibamen are basically like Mr.Satan. nothing really serious. you can just take them out.

Also, the fact you are using ultimates just like that, thinking P2 would do nothing about it makes me laugh. You expect them to just stand there? LOL. combo into it.
you could literally just hard punch (SSJ Goku, Goku,) into and go for it right away. with Vegeta it's as simple as just doing it, since he has 1 hit super armor and kicks really fast. Majin Vegeta can go into it even when P2 is blocking, Freeza can easily combo into it.

Number 6 had me rolling.
"super saiyan goku is much much stronger than normal goku and his rage mode is too good."

Base Goku has the strongest ultimate in the game. Kaioken+Genki Dama (fully charged) taking almost 90% hp.

His "Justice" Mode is fine. the teleporting in general might be an insane Counter attack advantage and a great combo extender if you use it properly, but the damage in comparison to Gohan just kicking you in the air, or Base Gokus Dragon Fist Uppercut combo is low. Also as far as i noticed, SSJ Goku actually moves a bit slower than the other characters.

Number 8. Their names are meant to be puns. Cyan is a shade of blue. a greenish kinda blue sort of JUST LIKE SSGSS Hair. Super Cyan is probably the most brilliant name you could give that form. like seriously it's perfect. besides you can change it yourself.

Number 7. Gohans AI, not everyone has their full AI level 1-8 done. Freeza for one doesn't even have any.

Number 2. Cyan Vegeta non punishable? First off, just like Cyan Goku, he's meant to be an OP boss fight. Overpowered is overpowered.
second, Vegeta, Majin Vegeta and Cyan Vegeta all have and use the most punishable thing in this game. the sliding kick.  Cyan Vegeta and Base Vegeta also use alot of those aerial ki blasts, which are VERY punishable. Vegeta in general is more punishable than anyone in the game from my experience. this goes for all Vegetas.

Once again, i think you're just plain bad at it.

And last, "It's b.s. and the average casual player who plaus this will be turned off because of it."

Average Casual players are the reason games like Xenoverse, Battle of Z and all the other 1 button spam DBZ Games exist. Tenkaichi 3, which i still think was basic as shit, a top selling DBZ Game, got complaints for being TOO COMPLICATED. Are you freakin kidding me!? The average casual dbz game player is not suitable for any fighting game that gives even a bit of a challenge.

Noobs will be Noobs

#156  January 19, 2016, 07:06:16 am
    • USA
Mate i think you just suck at the game. Make SSJ Goku's hyper rush slower? Crazy input? jumping over it is literally the easiest thing. SIMPLY JUMP OVER IT. one button. He isn't going in Zigzags. he's going straight. Jump/Dash/Block/stop with ki blast/Stop with kick. why would anyone make an attack that takes nearly 50% at weakest be unblockable. 

I play on keyboard, idk about you, but the input of his hyper rush is really just rolling your fingers back and fourth. IMO it's actually a really fun input.
I think you have poor reaction timing, and just generally suck at this game. literal keys. down forward down back + kick.

The Saibamen are basically like Mr.Satan. nothing really serious. you can just take them out.

Also, the fact you are using ultimates just like that, thinking P2 would do nothing about it makes me laugh. You expect them to just stand there? LOL. combo into it.
you could literally just hard punch (SSJ Goku, Goku,) into and go for it right away. with Vegeta it's as simple as just doing it, since he has 1 hit super armor and kicks really fast. Majin Vegeta can go into it even when P2 is blocking, Freeza can easily combo into it.

Number 6 had me rolling.
"super saiyan goku is much much stronger than normal goku and his rage mode is too good."

Base Goku has the strongest ultimate in the game. Kaioken+Genki Dama (fully charged) taking almost 90% hp.

His "Justice" Mode is fine. the teleporting in general might be an insane Counter attack advantage and a great combo extender if you use it properly, but the damage in comparison to Gohan just kicking you in the air, or Base Gokus Dragon Fist Uppercut combo is low. Also as far as i noticed, SSJ Goku actually moves a bit slower than the other characters.

Number 8. Their names are meant to be puns. Cyan is a shade of blue. a greenish kinda blue sort of JUST LIKE SSGSS Hair. Super Cyan is probably the most brilliant name you could give that form. like seriously it's perfect. besides you can change it yourself.

Number 7. Gohans AI, not everyone has their full AI level 1-8 done. Freeza for one doesn't even have any.

Number 2. Cyan Vegeta non punishable? First off, just like Cyan Goku, he's meant to be an OP boss fight. Overpowered is overpowered.
second, Vegeta, Majin Vegeta and Cyan Vegeta all have and use the most punishable thing in this game. the sliding kick.  Cyan Vegeta and Base Vegeta also use alot of those aerial ki blasts, which are VERY punishable. Vegeta in general is more punishable than anyone in the game from my experience. this goes for all Vegetas.

Once again, i think you're just plain bad at it.

And last, "It's b.s. and the average casual player who plaus this will be turned off because of it."

Average Casual players are the reason games like Xenoverse, Battle of Z and all the other 1 button spam DBZ Games exist. Tenkaichi 3, which i still think was basic as shit, a top selling DBZ Game, got complaints for being TOO COMPLICATED. Are you freakin kidding me!? The average casual dbz game player is not suitable for any fighting game that gives even a bit of a challenge.

Noobs will be Noobs

*sigh*

Look.....this is a fan made game and I don't expect it to be perfect...hell this is the best dbz game ever made...I'm simply giving suggestions.

I said to slow down the super on normal gokus attack AND add invincibility to it so it can make more sense on offense.

I use arcade stick and I'm playing on hard 8 so I think a lot of the complaints stem from that.

I get that the a.i. for Gohan isn't finished yet, I'm merely pointing it out in case they didn't already know.

I'm just trying to help here

AGAIN, if you can beat it so easily on hard 8 then please let me watch :)
#157  January 19, 2016, 07:09:27 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I use arcade stick and I'm playing on hard 8 so I think a lot of the complaints stem from that.
Not that changing the AI difficulty level changes anything, but I just beat the entirety of Arcade mode by picking Goku (Normal Goku, not SSJ) and spamming QCF+Punch, Punch, Punch over and over again. And I'm using a keyboard.

Also how long have you used that stick? You should know that picking a stick up doesn't make you automatically awesome. You have to practice really hard before you even get back to the mediocre level you started at lol
Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:11:41 am by Jango Brown
#158  January 19, 2016, 07:19:44 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Not that changing the AI difficulty level changes anything, but I just beat the entirety of Arcade mode by picking Goku (Normal Goku, not SSJ) and spamming QCF+Punch, Punch, Punch over and over again. And I'm using a keyboard.

Also how long have you used that stick? You should know that picking a stick up doesn't make you automatically awesome. You have to practice really hard before you even get back to the mediocre level you started at lol

Dragon Fist combo spam?  or ki blast spam?

Some characters, like Base Goku DO have Scalable AI. but via the config.txt. nothing happens from the options menu.

#159  January 19, 2016, 11:14:50 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Ki Blast spam XD The majority of the time the AI just kinda locks down and blocks.

Which is another point I want to address @goldeneragaming: You do realize that when developing a fighting game, the main focus is on the player VS player experience, not the arcade mode, correct?
#160  January 19, 2016, 12:15:19 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
To be fair... getting good has nothing to do with beating AI... Like the guy above me stated...

You do realize that when developing a fighting game, the main focus is on the player VS player experience, not the arcade mode, correct?

Besides, i'm pretty sure they will improve arcade mode later down the line...