YesNoOk

SAMUS ARAN (Read 60343 times)

Started by Reu, July 20, 2007, 11:22:03 am
Share this topic:
Re: SAMUS ARAN
#101  July 27, 2007, 06:11:52 pm
Grappling beam extenda-throw ala Smash Brothers!
Cornchips are no place for a mighty warrior.

JNi

#102  July 27, 2007, 09:42:01 pm
    • JonathanAM.webs.com
 :o :o :o  Very awesome good luck

«latest release on: December,25,2009,»

Reu

#103  July 28, 2007, 04:09:24 am
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
Well, the bulk of her basics and non projectile moves have no frame of reference from the earlier games, save the shoulder charge and maybe a few others. You're gonna have to find someone who has SSBM that'd be willing to let you borrow it for a bit. Or try the smashbros forums for vids.

I don't even have a GC... but I've been watching lots of SSBM vids with her :p

Let's see, I'm thinking the Super Missle/Bombs could be an EX attack of sorts. As for the 5 bombs, the longer you held down, the further the bombs bounced out.

Maybe you could give Samus an original move or two?

Possible idea there for the bombs. Yeah I'll probably be giving her some original moves.

Grappling beam extenda-throw ala Smash Brothers!
Yeah, still considering that.

#104  July 30, 2007, 04:20:48 am
Hey Reu,

I am eagerly awaiting your Samus character. She holds a lot of promise. I was in contact with ShinRyoga when he was working on his Samus character with an "unnamed programmer". I may have misread what was posted here, but was that you?

I've read through the entire thread, but I have some questions:
1. How much have you implemented as far as a moveset?
2. Are you using an established game mechanic for Samus (i.e. MvC, KOF, CvS, etc) or are you devising your own?
3. What aspects do you still need to work on? I have SSBM myself (though Samus is not my main character), so I may be able to offer input if you'd like, or even make a voicepack for her.

Good luck on Samus. I look forward to her release.

Dynasty Warriors Lu Bu (30% WIP) / MvC Meowth (0.5% Spriting Stage)
Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 04:25:43 am by JudgeSpear

Reu

#105  July 30, 2007, 04:40:01 am
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
Yeah that was me :p

Moveset and game mechanic wise I'll be going for six buttons, but no air combos and not really alot of normal attack chains. I want to try to set up a system whereby the player would play like the early metroid games or prime games, which is mainly shooting, dodging and trying to keep away, except for instances when the screw attack would be useful. In this case her core strategies would either be keep away ala mvc2 (cable omg scrubby)  or zoning ala cvs2(vice).

I didn't know she talked in SSBM. If you could help with a voicepack and the sound effects from that game that would be very helpful. I am also looking for anyone able to record her sound effects from the prime series.

#106  July 30, 2007, 04:52:34 am
Yeah that was me :p

I thought so.  :P

Moveset and game mechanic wise I'll be going for six buttons, but no air combos and not really alot of normal attack chains. I want to try to set up a system whereby the player would play like the early metroid games or prime games, which is mainly shooting, dodging and trying to keep away, except for instances when the screw attack would be useful. In this case her core strategies would either be keep away ala mvc2 (cable omg scrubby)  or zoning ala cvs2(vice).

I didn't know she talked in SSBM. If you could help with a voicepack and the sound effects from that game that would be very helpful. I am also looking for anyone able to record her sound effects from the prime series.

So basically, Samus would be a heavy projectile user. Sounds like her SSBM incarnation somewhat. You've probably gotten this suggestion before, but for Samus' throw, a Grappling Beam throw would be a great idea.

She does not talk in SSBM. She makes unintelligible vocalizations and beeps. However, that is the sound set of Samus that many people are most familiar with. I also have Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2. I don't remember if those games have the option to adjust music volume and such. If they do, then I can surely provide sounds from the games. If you're using Super Metroid for the SNES as a reference, I can also get sounds from that game too.

As far as specific sounds you need, let me know what you have implemented as far as attacks are concerned, or are planning to implement.

#107  July 30, 2007, 05:04:38 am
SAMUS :thinking: with REU :thinking:    ??? ??? ??? ZOMG nice to hear that  :sugoi:

it would really be an awsomeWTF project , I suggest you to play some Super Metroid (Metroid 3) in SNES, at least 5h are enough to clear the game and enough sufficient to have an idea of her attacks and general behaviors...

and WHY THE FUCK are the first pages all filled with "Re: EVIL DRAGON CLAW" ?
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#108  July 30, 2007, 05:16:32 am
[quote author=å½¢ã

Reu

#109  July 30, 2007, 07:00:05 am
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
Okie, it would be awesome if you could help me get those sounds. I would prefer the sounds from SSBM and the prime series to be used and possibly some minor editing to get similar feeling in change in pitch and intonation with respect to the earlier metroid games.

As far as specific sounds are concerned... I think I need just about everything from basic shot to charge effect, charge release, walk effect, jump effect, curl into ball, move in ball, drop bomb, fire missile, missile explosion, screw attack, etc etc. XD

å½¢ã
Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 07:07:36 am by Reu
#110  July 30, 2007, 07:24:56 am
As far as specific sounds are concerned... I think I need just about everything from basic shot to charge effect, charge release, walk effect, jump effect, curl into ball, move in ball, drop bomb, fire missile, missile explosion, screw attack, etc etc. XD

Easy as pie. I can fire up SSBM and enter the Sound Test to record all those sounds. It may be a bit before I can get to that, since I'm working on a character as well.

#111  July 30, 2007, 07:30:17 am
  • DAT SAX

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)

Reu

#112  July 30, 2007, 07:39:35 am
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
What? Why would you want to?

:P

How in the.... thanks :)

Easy as pie. I can fire up SSBM and enter the Sound Test to record all those sounds. It may be a bit before I can get to that, since I'm working on a character as well.

Aight all I need are the sounds from the Prime series now. I just managed to catch the Simpsons movie last night and am looking forward to your rendition of homer more than ever :p

edit: I think they have that on Galbadia Hotel as well... now searching.

edit2: Argh the blaster effects aren't on the Metroid Prime 2 soundtrack.
Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 07:49:34 am by Reu
#113  July 30, 2007, 09:17:00 am
  • THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!
I'll try to think of something that would help you with the release, anyway, can't wait for the release.
[insert signature here]
#114  July 30, 2007, 09:51:48 am

#115  July 30, 2007, 11:57:54 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
tell me when you have a definite sprite, so i can figure out her body size.
Re: SAMUS ARAN - Fixage
#116  July 31, 2007, 12:40:06 am
  • SNK is life
Re: SAMUS ARAN - Fixage
#117  July 31, 2007, 02:20:05 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#118  July 31, 2007, 04:10:02 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
there are not enough samus for tha.. i mean look a plane !

Reu

#119  July 31, 2007, 04:15:11 am
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
Woot nekkid Samus artist get!
#120  July 31, 2007, 05:05:30 am
I bet the next time you'll get really flamed if it has the same AI lvl as your pervious chars, so you'd better tone it down in order to give them a chance to see Samus PWNED  :P
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane