YesNoOk

"WinMugen Plus" (Read 481949 times)

Started by Duke, December 27, 2007, 07:11:48 am
Share this topic:
Re: "WinMugen Plus"
#181  September 12, 2008, 03:48:29 am
Doesn't that version only support hi-res stages, though? I have alot of lo-res stages I don't wanna give up.

If that's the case, how does one go about increasing the size of the select screen, exactly?
#182  September 12, 2008, 04:52:06 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
You'll have to extract the .pcx files from the .sff (umm... use Fighter Factory or some program like that). Then you'll just have rezise the images in Photoshop or a similar program... I'm not in the mood for details right now.

@shamrock: It's all about hacking with you.
#183  September 12, 2008, 04:59:25 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
#184  September 12, 2008, 06:36:49 am
  • I got a PM.

@shamrock: It's all about hacking with you.

Wasn't the question about how to get low-res screenpacks to work in mugen plus. What you are talking about is making a low-res screenpack into a hi-res screenpack. Or as I like to call it making low-res look like ass.

I am all about hacking the engine. I want someone to do it. Not me though, because I already looked into it and found out it was way to much freaking work.
#185  September 13, 2008, 06:15:04 am
That's great man.
#186  September 13, 2008, 06:30:41 am
  • I got a PM.
Really? Thanks. You're cool too.
#187  September 25, 2008, 06:15:09 pm
thanks for the link.  All Google ever gives me is urls for "pay-to-download" sites...I ain't paying to DL something from a site I'm only visiting once.
#188  December 10, 2008, 12:33:56 am
at first my old hi-res stages didnt work but all the new lo-res ones did, but i realized i didnt have hires=1 in the .def file.
#189  December 10, 2008, 03:06:04 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Be nice if some one would make the Main menu Screen HI-Res & the Versus as well, I would give it a shot but don't know were to start???

#190  December 10, 2008, 03:46:54 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
would be nice if this hack/update someday gets added into linux mugen (yeah for those who use linux, or xmugen)

Y_Y
            Zorf Giudecca
#191  January 04, 2009, 12:36:12 am
Hi guys just snide up  ;D,

got a question about mugen plus.
some of the older chars dont look as good any more i can fix this by changing the scale to 0.5 for the chars but then their attacks
are off a little. is their a way round this problem.

Thanks.

ps i love mugen  ;)
#192  January 13, 2009, 12:32:33 am
    • www.lol.com
Awsome job this is pretty nifty!
Now I can use all my stages in one sitting XD
Just one problem, No music plays on my stages when I use PLUS ? I don't understand, it works on the normal Mugen and the extensions are exactly the same sound/Example.midi . :S
#193  January 13, 2009, 12:41:58 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Did you set your mugen.cfg correctly to read midi files (assuming you're reading midis, as in your example) ? I can assure you it works just as well (or bad) as Winmugen concerning music.
#194  January 13, 2009, 09:15:17 pm
    • www.lol.com
Did you set your mugen.cfg correctly to read midi files (assuming you're reading midis, as in your example) ? I can assure you it works just as well (or bad) as Winmugen concerning music.
So sorry, i got it working thanks, but the mp3's wont work, I basically copied the same parts from my other version of mugen, but mp3 stil fail to play.
#195  February 12, 2009, 03:08:08 am
  • "Let Us Cling Together."
Ok this is messed up. What if I wanted only HiRes stages and Low Res stages to work on winmugen plus without having hires select?
I downloaded only the HiRes stage one but Low Res stages looks messed up. And I DO NOT want HiRes Select! So what do I have to do?
#196  February 12, 2009, 08:56:36 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
There are two options:
*Grin and bear it
*Modify your screenpack to double the size of all graphics shown for the select screen
#197  February 13, 2009, 01:18:22 am
  • SNK is life
No wait, what he says is true

I'm sad I no longer have a backup of the older HIRES=1 hack, and you don't give the option to choose, you just replaced the files, generating numerous new compatibility issues.

Can I has plz? I needs. I like low res.
#198  February 13, 2009, 08:09:40 am
Um, Walt, what the heck are you talking about? There was only *one* hack that added support for that parameter. The other did all high res stages only.

Basically to pull off what you want would require another delve into it to make another hack. And to be honest I really don't have any desire to at this time.
Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:15:26 am by Kung_Fu_Man
#199  February 13, 2009, 08:17:39 am
They are talking about the first Hires Winmugen hack. the one that only allowed hires stages and had no hires select screen.
#200  February 13, 2009, 08:27:17 am
Yeah I figured that, but that one only allowed high res stages. It couldn't use low res ones. That's one's still online.