YesNoOk

Iori updated (07/08/2023) (Read 87771 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, June 01, 2023, 01:22:18 am
Share this topic:
Iori updated (07/08/2023)
#1  June 01, 2023, 01:22:18 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)
Download
Compatibility patches for the Special Intros.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)
Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 02:18:54 pm by KarmaCharmeleon
Re: Iori re-released
#2  June 01, 2023, 01:50:55 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
#3  June 01, 2023, 02:20:45 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
when i replace the special intro files on vega_pots, i got an error on ikemen go.
#4  June 01, 2023, 04:19:59 am
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Here I come with something not important, I noticed that some of my old palettes needed a little update so here you go:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Another thing is that the 98 and artwork ones are meant to be for Orochi Iori.
#5  June 01, 2023, 05:56:17 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
-Sakahagi uses a light slash sound instead of a strong one (It does as much as an EX move, so it should be stronger).
-The kick version of Sakahagi deals more damage than the punch version.
-The explosion on Hikiri Gine doesn't have envshake.
-Claw Iori's still does his special intro with Kyo if he is in Kusanagi mode once instead of his normal intros (However, resetting the round will go back to them).
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, 212 Shiki: Koto Tsuki and Ura 311 Shiki: Saku Tsuma Kushi In can simply go though the opponent and miss completely.
-The claw effect on Kin 1218 Shiki: Yatagarasu has shadows and reflections.
-The yellow glow on EX 108 Shiki: Yami Barai, 100 Shiki: Oni Yaki, 104 Shiki: Nueuchi and 401 Shiki: Shogetsu stop mid animation.

Pardon my rustiness on feedback as I haven't test these kind of characters for a long time.

when i replace the special intro files on vega_pots, i got an error on ikemen go.
I think PotS has a separate version for Ikemen Go and the intro files are meant for the 1.0 version, so it's not compatible and needs to make another one for it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#6  June 02, 2023, 04:47:53 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Will all of your other works get re-released as well?
#7  June 03, 2023, 05:40:10 am
    • USA
Woohoo!!! ~~~ FUCK YES!!!

In fact I was wondering when the first re-worked char of yours would come thru. So glad to see this. Going into CvS2 vs POTS for sure, because Iori is a really good character. (and fun too!)
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place

MT7

#8  June 03, 2023, 11:20:09 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA
Gonna give this a try later, congrats on the release! :D
#9  June 03, 2023, 12:06:28 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
A new release (or update in this case) is always appreciated from you.
Only nitpicks I've got so far is:
A. Saku Tsuma Kushi has rather quiet voices and lacks the roar in the MAX version.
B. the Heavy Punch Hitsound cutting off for the Grab Sound when he connects with Hozuki.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#10  June 03, 2023, 12:52:34 pm
    • USA
Since you posted, I also want to mention another thing:
-He doesn't do his special intro with your edit of Froz's M.Bison/Vega as the author name in the def is no longer "CharmaKarmeleon".

A year ago, you did say you would change your mind if his updated version ever releases and is up to standard. Now it's up to Karma whether he updates him again to add that compatibility in.
#11  June 03, 2023, 06:12:54 pm
    • UK

Got it working after help from the Discord.
I did notice Iori's flame swing FX is flipped, though. Haven't tested to see if this occurs with other Bisons.
WIP Schedule:
#12  June 04, 2023, 04:04:56 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
CvS XIII Iori is fuckin AMAZING!! :O

The GREATEST Iori of All Time!! :D
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#13  June 04, 2023, 11:37:53 pm
    • Germany
EX Iori's Ya Shiori projectile goes into an invalid state when it gets hit with another projectile and it makes it impossible to spawn another one after using it once
- Fixed.

- This is because I made the patch exclusively for the MUGEN version. But PotS told me he updated both of versions of hi Dictator for compatibility :)

Here I come with something not important, I noticed that some of my old palettes needed a little update so here you go:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Another thing is that the 98 and artwork ones are meant to be for Orochi Iori.
- Thanks for the updates and clarifications :)

-Sakahagi uses a light slash sound instead of a strong one (It does as much as an EX move, so it should be stronger).
- I'll look into this. I think the hitspark does not sell the throw enough either, but from my tests changing either the sound or the spark doesn't seem to be enough.
-The kick version of Sakahagi deals more damage than the punch version.
- This is because Punch throw is 3f startup while Kick throw is 5f startup. It's something I've been implementing ever since Raiden I think.
-The explosion on Hikiri Gine doesn't have envshake.
- Added.
-Claw Iori's still does his special intro with Kyo if he is in Kusanagi mode once instead of his normal intros (However, resetting the round will go back to them).
- Fixed.
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, 212 Shiki: Koto Tsuki and Ura 311 Shiki: Saku Tsuma Kushi In can simply go though the opponent and miss completely.
- Can you tell me against which opponents? I think Benimaru is the slimmest hurtbox in CvS2 and it works against him.
-The claw effect on Kin 1218 Shiki: Yatagarasu has shadows and reflections.
- Fixed.
-The yellow glow on EX 108 Shiki: Yami Barai, 100 Shiki: Oni Yaki, 104 Shiki: Nueuchi and 401 Shiki: Shogetsu stop mid animation.
- Fixed.
Pardon my rustiness on feedback as I haven't test these kind of characters for a long time.
Nothing to pardon, thank you so much for the feedback :)

Will all of your other works get re-released as well?
They will all get updated in some shape or form, but its likely that all character before Rugal will get entirely recoded like Iori.

Thanks Rowen :)
A. Saku Tsuma Kushi has rather quiet voices and lacks the roar in the MAX version.
- Fixed.
B. the Heavy Punch Hitsound cutting off for the Grab Sound when he connects with Hozuki.
- Fixed.

-He doesn't do his special intro with your edit of Froz's M.Bison/Vega as the author name in the def is no longer "CharmaKarmeleon"
- Added compatibility for Froz's Dictator and also added a patch for its character so the non-Rowen edit works as well.

I did notice Iori's flame swing FX is flipped, though. Haven't tested to see if this occurs with other Bisons.
- Fixed.

Thank you all for all the support and feedback :) I will be updating Iori next Thursday so more feedback can come up. The idea is to update Iori every Thursday from June if necessary so by the end of the month he doesn't need any more updates unless a major new discovery is found.
#14  June 05, 2023, 09:13:14 am
    • UK
I did noticed Iori's AI starts moving before the round starts. I assume this is what you mean by "The AI sometimes does funky stuff.", right?
WIP Schedule:
#15  June 05, 2023, 05:04:24 pm
    • Brazil
I noticed the AI thing too, it's very weird because if I decide to do a backdash or jump right after the round starts I still take damage but the animation of my movement still plays. And goddamn his ai is merciless he is harder to beat than your Rugal for me.

As ZolidSone mentioned his Tsuma Kushi both the special and the super maybe will miss some opponents if it's executed close enough, I saw it happening with Jmm Guile and Divine Yuka.
PS: I use the xscale 0.83333 for Guile and the chars with the cps2 resolution.

Now about his Yami Sogi maybe it was intentional, but I think that the hitbox should be a little longer horizontally.

His winpose when he points to the sky and talk about the moon uses a voice clip that is too low. In 13 he say the same thing when selecting his classic mode so you could use that.

I forgot to mention last time, but he lacks a Orochi mode small portrait.
Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 05:10:59 pm by Lurker
#16  June 06, 2023, 01:56:02 am
    • Germany
I did noticed Iori's AI starts moving before the round starts. I assume this is what you mean by "The AI sometimes does funky stuff.", right?
Yes! But I just got its AI issues fixed :]

And goddamn his ai is merciless he is harder to beat than your Rugal for me.
Hehehehe.

As ZolidSone mentioned his Tsuma Kushi both the special and the super maybe will miss some opponents if it's executed close enough, I saw it happening with Jmm Guile and Divine Yuka.
PS: I use the xscale 0.83333 for Guile and the chars with the cps2 resolution.
Thanks for the clarification! I applied a temporary fix by adding width but I might have to rebalance the hitbox as fixing stuff with width sctrl may causes other issues.

Now about his Yami Sogi maybe it was intentional, but I think that the hitbox should be a little longer horizontally.
Just to be clear: you actually meant Yami Sogi or you wanted to say Tsuma Kushi?

His winpose when he points to the sky and talk about the moon uses a voice clip that is too low. In 13 he say the same thing when selecting his classic mode so you could use that.
- Fixed.

Thanks for the feedback you guys! Keep it coming.
#17  June 06, 2023, 02:37:35 pm
    • Brazil
Re: Iori updated (08/06/2023)
#18  June 08, 2023, 12:32:23 pm
    • Germany
Iori updated!
Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)
#19  June 08, 2023, 01:27:44 pm
    • USA
Just found a small little error on the update. The small portrait on the select screen is using Orochi Iori's colors instead of his default one. Also, AlexSin's Orochi Iori small portrait is using the same group and index numbers as the regular portrait instead of using different ones and is possibly conflicting.

And I forgot to mention another thing, but is 100 Shiki: Oni Yaki's flame effects supposed to have shadows and reflections on the ground? I noticed some effects don't and forgot to mention that before because I was uncertain if it was intentional or not since PotS's 2022 characters still have them.

- Can you tell me against which opponents? I think Benimaru is the slimmest hurtbox in CvS2 and it works against him.
Sorry for the late reply, but I mostly tested it though Training aka Kung Fu Man (But the characters Lurker mentioned works). Keep in mind that they can still go though him if they are running straight at him if he performs it up-close.
#20  June 08, 2023, 05:08:44 pm
And goddamn his ai is merciless he is harder to beat than your Rugal for me.
On topic about AI, while I appreciate, that Iori drops some of his combos on the lower difficulties, the amount parries he does is off the charts, feels like sometimes he parries entire supers.

Still, this is an excellent update.