YesNoOk

Transparent Sprites? (Read 1860 times)

Started by oscarlin814, June 02, 2021, 01:42:02 AM
Share this topic:
Transparent Sprites?
#1  June 02, 2021, 01:42:02 AM
So I just downloaded a couple of characters and they more or less have a similar problem: Some of the sprites that they have is completely invisible in the actual MUGEN engine. This causes some moves to just be characters moving around and nothing else while others are missing some effects.

There's obviously something wrong here so I checked in FF3 just to make sure I wasn't being an idiot and the sprites looks fine. I asked my good friend LZN, who created a couple of characters, and see if he knew what happened. He said it was because the characters were using "1.1 SF" and don't have palettes. I'm not well versed in FF3 language, so I don't really know what that means.

Do they not have palettes and thus are completely invisible? That doesn't really make sense in my head. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
Re: Transparent Sprites?
#2  June 02, 2021, 02:04:26 AM
    • deathscythemugen.neocities.org/
Basically, MUGEN most recent version, 1.1, can read non-indexed sprites, but if you use any older version it will not read the sprites properly. In resume, you're probably using 1.0 or WinMUGEN. These characters are only compatible with 1.1.
#3  June 02, 2021, 03:50:45 PM
Hmm. That's odd, I'm using 1.1 MUGEN and this bug is still occurring. Am I screwing something up?
#4  June 02, 2021, 03:57:44 PM
    • deathscythemugen.neocities.org/
Ah, one more thing I forgot to mention is that you need to enable OpenGL. To do that, go to your data folder, open "mugen.cfg" with notepad, search for this line:

RenderMode

Change this to OpenGL, so it should be like this:

RenderMode = OpenGL

Save it and test.
#5  June 05, 2021, 05:24:00 AM
    • Vietnam
sprites group number beyond 32768 can't display properly. Mugen engine will treat those sprites group as 0 (havent encountered these things yet, but in FF3 does), But winmugen is the exception on this case, by setting up an negative number on animation element.

example: if you want to setup a sprite with the group of 42900 into the animation. you must set into the animation's element the value of:

(sprites group with the value larger than 32768) - 65536 = X

X:the value that you must set into the animation element when you want to use these overflow sprites group.

In that example we got sprites group number 42900 and index 0, then when you want to use that sprite, your animation element must set this value:

group : -22636 / index: 0

-22636 = 42900 - 65536 --> Winmugen only AND Sprite version 1.0.1.0 only (mean winmugen sprite version)

sprite index can go beyond that 32768 value, ig.

And maybe it was your character animation prob. Invaild sprites group or index can cause the animation will go to invisible when it read that invaild sprite group or index value. Or they were using the invisible animation. Or have an invisible assertspecial's flag on.
------Tremble Mortal and Despair. Doom has come to this world------
Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 05:33:30 AM by Archimonde