Project Catch-em All Beta 5
Here is Beta 5. You can now program even more moves into the game. Unfortunately, you'll have to re-download the entire game again, since ALL the Pokemon got updated...again...
Here's a quick list as to what is added:
1. Dunsparce, Delibird, Pichu, Plusle & Minun, and Wobbuffet added to the game.
2. Items are now implemented. Due to this, the controls have been slightly changed: A/B/X/Y = Select Move, Z = Open Item Menu, C = Switch between pages.
3. Critical hit chance has been re-evaluated and is now slightly more compact to use.
Here's the Mediafire Links, which should be the same as before:
Don't bother with the "Update" file; that file is now useless since everything it added to the game as a quick-fix is already added.
Please inform me of anything that isn't working or causes the game to crash at this point, as I may have overlooked something that isn't mentioned in this post.
Short list of System Changes
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
*Fixes To Do*
1. Finish the interface for both Simul and non-Simul modes for the Item System. (You can use items in Simul, but the interface doesn't appear properly. That will come at a later update.)
1. When you have a full ATB bar and the Attack Menu is up, press Z to open the Item Menu.
2. 20 items can be selected for now. Use the directional keys to go through the current list, and press C to move between pages. Highlight the item you want, and press START to use it, or press Z to close the menu.
3. You can only use one item per battle. After using it, you can't use any of the items anymore. Your ATB is then reset to 0 and your Max ATB is set to 100 with no variation or effect on current speed levels.
Abilities and moves that use items to work will perform differently depending on the move, though this is up to creator preferences. Some examples:
Frisk: Removes an opponent's item at the start of battle, acting as if their item is destroyed.
Harvest: Can use two items per battle.
Bug Bite/Pluck: Removes an opponent's item and gain the effect of a random item.
Knock Off: Removes an opponent's item.
Hey Txpot was just wanting to know the process on any of your mons you were working on? or any furthering in the system or more to look foward to
also can i get a link to the A version of this project
This IS System A. If you mean System B (ability to switch Pokemon on the fly), that's been taken over by Alexei and has been moved to Game Maker. You'll need to speak to Alexei about it, since that isn't part of this project at all.
Meanwhile, I haven't done much progress with the Pokemon that are still in the works; Torterra, Goodra, Toxapex, and Golurk still need a lot of work done with their sprites, although I have finally separated most of Torterra and Goodra's parts from the sprite. I also added Cradily to this list, but again needs a whole lot of sprites done.
I was thinking of the following; "airjuggle" within the "[Data]" section, "attack.dist" and "proj.attack.dist" within the "[Size]" section of the character's files are unused in the game itself, and so can be used as additional stats for certain Pokemon's parameters, such as Weight or their actual Speed stat, for the purpose of coding the moves Heavy Slam, Electro Ball, and other relevant moves.
Last thing to mention. An update to your earlier question;
Hey.... quick question for the game, if another updated comes out, would it be possible to add a way to see who is next, like for turns battles? if not o well, its not required was just asking
I can't get it to work unfortunately; Every time I enable MUGEN's Lifebars to see the portraits, MUGEN crashes the game with a Windows message. For some reason, ALL of my characters are unaffected by this; the game will work fine anyway so long as you select any Pokemon made by me. This may be because I use an older Sprite format (Winmugen) as opposed to everyone else (MUGEN 1.0/1.1). I don't know whether it's a compatibility problem or conflicting MUGEN versions, but as it currently stands, there is no way to see your opponent's next Pokemon in Turns Mode without the game being generally unplayable.