YesNoOk

Ms Paint Mugen Project (Read 132003 times)

Started by Bea, October 12, 2009, 12:52:32 am
Re: Ms Paint Mugen Project
#61  October 13, 2009, 09:05:15 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Instead of the pencil tool just use the brush tool it has 3 size settings.
#62  October 13, 2009, 09:36:51 pm
OMG the brush tool!?!?!?!?
I am a FOOL to forget that tool!!!!
#63  October 13, 2009, 09:39:40 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org

Clearly, Picard is overwelm with emotion at the thought of this awesome project being carried out.

I'm also going to have to edit that sprite to look, err, skinny-ish - while most people see other users on forums based off of their avatars, I at least want the character to resemble me even in the slightest. At least the lack of a mustache if covered.

Initially, I tried to fix the fatness, but he was less funny when I did. So I left him with a gut. Fun fact: I didn't draw the mustache because I always forget he has one. It never shows up well in his sprites.
Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:48:20 pm by T. Caddie
#64  October 13, 2009, 09:57:46 pm
Here, I fixed it and also made it low-res.

Hey to whoever is making this game....add ME unless I have to draw all the frames for me, otherwise don't add me.
#65  October 13, 2009, 10:47:48 pm
  • Street Fighter II the game that changed everything
    • sites.google.com/site/mugenuba/
I love this project. I want to be in if possible. I love the idea of recording and using your own voice. Good luck.  ;)

OZ

#66  October 14, 2009, 12:31:29 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Ok, piddled around with MSpaint a bit.

I just have an emoticon for a head(or an emoticon mask), I'm wearing a suit, and because I'm the 'Soft Mod' I have scissors and other generic sharp things taped to my hands.

I'm Iced's lackey.
I'm friendly.
I like covering myself in vital fluids.
ಠ_ಠ
#67  October 14, 2009, 01:39:48 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
With 1 coder and two spriters it feel odd to make any requests - the people doing the work will probably prefer doing stuff they choose or like, so I'd feel more inclined to suggest stuff for confirmed character than to write a wall of text with a personal wish-list.

I figure Caddie's pretty much confirmed, so I'll risk making suggestions for his moves:

- I recall there was a time when Caddie liked to post pictures of himself, so this could be referenced in a move: he turns his back on the opponent, pulls out a camera and takes a photo of himself - the light from the camera's flash can have a range comparable to a Yoga Flame or a beam, depending on what type of moves are in; when it hits the opponent, it does very little or no damage, but leaves the victim stunned for a moment, possibly stopping a move in progress, or leaving the victim vulnerable for an attack; maybe it'll actually do proper damage and actually make the victim hit the floor if the special is used to finish a combo.

- a possible super or ultra is having Caddie leave the screen for a moment, making him momentarily impossible to leave (maybe jumping off-stage), then returning by dropping from the sky, causing an earthquake (hitting grounded opponents not bloacking) and ma king stuff drop from the top of the screen (random horizontal coordinates, but nothing really unescapable) that can hit the victim too - that stuff, whatever it may be (if Caddie approves the idea, he picks the items), doesn't disappear after the move is done, it remains until the end of the round. Maybe Caddie can say something like "look, I made another stage!".

Maybe too little, maybe too much, that's for Caddie to decide, just my two cents.
#68  October 14, 2009, 03:17:03 am
I have heard alot of talk but not really any answers.

Is this open if we wanted to create our own character in that same style? Assuming we did all the animations and the majority of the coding?
Ore no Kachi da na!
#69  October 14, 2009, 03:19:18 am
    • Germany
my guess: closed roster for a first release, and see where it goes from there

Bea

#70  October 14, 2009, 03:31:06 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Val got it right.

This project will have a closed roster at first. Then we'll see where it goes.
Making it open right now would greatly decrease the chance of seeing this become a reality.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#71  October 14, 2009, 04:29:52 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org

He might actually be a bit too big now. Damn.

Edit:

My girlfriend asked me to draw her in this style, so I drew her with Caddie. Apparently she's grabbing my butt.

Edit 2:

Just to be clear, those aren't gonna be full characters.
Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:31:24 am by T. Caddie
#72  October 14, 2009, 06:01:40 am
That would be a high res character
#73  October 14, 2009, 01:12:52 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
A couple of questions:

- will Simul mode be enabled? (wasn't for SF2NES, so I wonder)

- will it use the latest Elecbyte-released version of Mugen? (the mid-match palette switching could enable some interesting little touches for special states)

Bea

#74  October 14, 2009, 01:48:48 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Unless Elecbyte manage to fix simul mode in the next releases, don't expect to see it in this game.

And yes, we'll always be running on the lastest Mugen build through the development phase.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#75  October 14, 2009, 05:16:16 pm
I like what im seeing so far :D

No Borders, No Nations
#76  October 15, 2009, 10:14:00 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
If he's not a character, Sepp gets to be the announcer, and every standard announcement goes with a little Dune/Star Wars/Blade of Thysshale (sp?) picked by the man himself to match the situation (and possibly the actual character match-up...).

"It is your destiny!" - Darth Vader, "The Empire Strikes Back"

You know you want it.

Announcer made me think of ROUND 1 and so on.

But it doesn't seem practical to have somebody actually SAY quotes every round or whatever. DOes it? You meant text anyway? Winquotes? Game Over message?

I'm not sure I get it yet. And I haven't had any bright ideas yet cuz I need context to pick quotes. Hm. But somehow involving myself by helping creating fitting, I dunno... maybe... depending on who's in it I could at least help by giving input to capture the feeling!! of some characters.

Since somebody mentioned the maybe-cool-if-it-works idea that if e.g. Caddie is in the game, he shouldn't actually get total control to describe himself / his own character but should rather be depicted like how, I dunno, others... like, a slightly-parody view how he might be viewed by The Community. I like the Sandworm combination thing too.

Just can't imagine a game out of all that yet. You guys are gonna hand-draw 8 (?) characters with 300 sprites each?

... the dragons made me post... while I really should get to bed.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#77  October 15, 2009, 10:41:52 pm
  • See You On the dark side of the moon
Nominating myself for the hell of it :P
In a nutshell my guy is a lazy pothead who plays to much Street Fighter, accidentily found himself in this tourniment because somebody forgot to lock the back door, so my guy snuck in...  ::)

My guy's look:
Pretty much what I wear everyday:
-Black shirt (with weed leaf on it)
-Dark blue jeans (not bell bottoms)
-Dark shoes
-Brown hair
-Glasses

Sample Sprite (Height compared to Caddie's new sprite:
(Uploaded in PNG)

Ideas for attacks:

Hadou-Fail - pretty much what it says, since he has no real superpowers of any kind, while attempting to shoot a hadouken, nothing comes out (followed by by guy doing a  ¬_¬ face)

Instead of the typical shoryuken-like attack, my guy will do some sort of launcher punch, simular to that of Jin Soatome's.

Will "do a barrel roll" like attack, tripping the oppoment.

Around 3 strikers

Bong smoke super attack, breates in alot of smoke, then blows it out in a giant puff of smoke, hurting the oppoment

And I gotta think of more....

Hope you guys like.
Why don't you make like a tree, and fuck off?
Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:12:28 pm by Matachi

Bea

#78  October 15, 2009, 11:50:50 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Three... hundred sprites?  ???

I believe that with 300 sprites, we can have 4 of those chars. :P

Now, back to cutting, cleaning and preparing the sprites Iced has sent me thus far.
I shall have some footage by sunday.

#79  October 16, 2009, 12:11:35 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA

Too big? Took 15 minutes. Based off this av from 2007, my real self, and the shirt based off this but in the tour shirt colors (yellow being peach and purple being red)

I'm not a spriter so do whatever with the concept.

EDIT: Noticed I had the sides mirrored. Fixed.
Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:23:50 am by Orochi Gill
#80  October 16, 2009, 03:11:48 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
If he's not a character, Sepp gets to be the announcer, and every standard announcement goes with a little Dune/Star Wars/Blade of Thysshale (sp?) picked by the man himself to match the situation (and possibly the actual character match-up...).

"It is your destiny!" - Darth Vader, "The Empire Strikes Back"

You know you want it.

Announcer made me think of ROUND 1 and so on.

Yep.

But it doesn't seem practical to have somebody actually SAY quotes every round or whatever. DOes it? You meant text anyway? Winquotes? Game Over message?

I know practically nothing about screenpack customization, but the idea was having the standard messages (or whatever customization get applied - ex. "THREAD 1" instead of "ROUND 1") voiced and written, but have those stay onscreen long enough to have other messages, the quotes, written only somewhere else on screen, probably under the main announcement - something like:

FINAL ROUND <- written and voiced

"Nothing ever ends" - Dr. Manhattan, "Watchmen"  <- possibly sliding through the screen, unvoiced though (there used to be a way to do this in forum code but I can't find the tags for it); for some reason I thing of GG/Blazblue aesthetics here...

I'm not sure I get it yet. And I haven't had any bright ideas yet cuz I need context to pick quotes. Hm. But somehow involving myself by helping creating fitting, I dunno... maybe... depending on who's in it I could at least help by giving input to capture the feeling!! of some characters.

Since somebody mentioned the maybe-cool-if-it-works idea that if e.g. Caddie is in the game, he shouldn't actually get total control to describe himself / his own character but should rather be depicted like how, I dunno, others... like, a slightly-parody view how he might be viewed by The Community.

It's easy to imagine someone's self-proposed character being too idealized or getting more stuff than Bia and the spriters would actually bother to implement (which is why I hold back from proposing anything about myself), but accepting input from other people could be interesting if the depicted person at least gets veto rights.

No comments from Caddie yet about the couple of tidbits I proposed though :(
Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 03:15:47 am by Loona