YesNoOk

A new engine FEO (Fighting Engine Online) like Mugen with multiplayer network. (Read 21456 times)

Started by becoolnike, December 29, 2007, 10:05:41 am
Share this topic:
Re: A new engine FEO (Fighting Engine Online) like Mugen with multiplayer network.
#21  December 29, 2007, 07:53:54 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
I like it. Keep up the work man.
Re: A new engine FEO (Fighting Engine Online) like Mugen with multiplayer network.
#22  December 29, 2007, 07:58:10 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
then this is not a Mugen another clone?or..not compatibility 100% with mugenchars?
then is U.G.L.Y. :o
otherwise is nice..
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
Re: A new engine FEO (Fighting Engine Online) like Mugen with multiplayer netw
#23  December 29, 2007, 08:27:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
most alternate engines have broken 100% compatibility so that should hardly be a matter anyway.
Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 08:34:51 pm by R[E]ika
#24  December 29, 2007, 10:17:19 pm
I don't want to create a 100% compartibility with mugen and just add network because there are many reasons:

Directx9 is more faster than Mugen's graphics engine.
Mugen is outdated with High resolution chars.
Mugen doesnt support the new era of 2d fighting games like street fighter 4 or Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
Mugen CNS, Tiggers are so lame.

What i mean  developing a engine built in 3d world  with a power scripting language( no commands like mugen) and network.

I already have created the tools for convert mugen chars to FEO's format.
sff,air,snd, ect can be convert to FEO with just a click.
Except the CNS,tigger files. You should learn FEO's easy programming language.

#25  December 29, 2007, 10:27:16 pm
  • EMO 4 LYFE
Only ryu is included. You can make your own chars. The sprites,anim info, tigger files are located in the data folder. It is limited i havent code his specials yet. only basic martial arts.

This is only a pre beta version.
 You need to have installed directx9 c for least for run the demo.

The sf is compartible with Mugen's sff.
The animation file "a.txt" it is also compartible with mugen
The sound file is also compartible using a tool
But you must a tool for conver them into Feo's formats.

FEO supports high qualitty sprites(16,24,32 bits)jpeg,bitmap ect  files.
alot of features.

I will release the documentation for making a char as soon as i finish the first version with network feature.

All is the same for making a char like mugen expect you have to learn an easy scription language.

are u sayin u can make ur own char without the use of fighter factory
#26  December 31, 2007, 02:39:59 am
  • Check out my Mugen vids youtube.com/mugengod2569
    • mugengod2569.tripod.com
I don't want to create a 100% compartibility with mugen and just add network because there are many reasons:

Directx9 is more faster than Mugen's graphics engine.
Mugen is outdated with High resolution chars.
Mugen doesnt support the new era of 2d fighting games like street fighter 4 or Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
Mugen CNS, Tiggers are so lame.

What i mean  developing a engine built in 3d world  with a power scripting language( no commands like mugen) and network.

I already have created the tools for convert mugen chars to FEO's format.
sff,air,snd, ect can be convert to FEO with just a click.
Except the CNS,tigger files. You should learn FEO's easy programming language.

excellent i can't wait perfecto dude cool

I love this great community we call mugen
But i hate assholes who reject it and call it stupid
#27  December 31, 2007, 05:04:58 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
That uses DirectX9.c? Mugen has always used whatever version of direct x you had up to date it just looks like you made it strictly 9.0cRe; Not worth getting in my opinion.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Thats a fuck'in 3d Game.

And as for SF:IV it is "2.5D"

Information From It:
The characters and environments will be rendered in 3D computer graphics and appear to use a stylized cel-shading effect to lend the characters and environments a hand-drawn look.[4] The gameplay video featured a full 3D, cel-shaded environment and characters, fighting on a 2D plane that shifted and rotated.[5] The version of the game shown to EGM ran at consistent 60 frames per second.[3]

New age my ass when we cant emulate systems that work like a computer thereselfs i doubt you can create such a highscale program for 3d graphics like PS2 and XBOX style or even; PS3, XBOX360 even more computer compatible.

If you could emulate this in a mugen engine i would shit myself
(Click The Spoiler)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 05:10:48 am by BigBoss
#28  December 31, 2007, 07:54:23 am
Mugen's graphics engine is allegro no directx. FEO is a engine that that will work in a 2d world as well a 3d world believe it or not. With the power of directx you can make 3d effects in a 2d world.

I currenly finished the character prototype. All basic arts,specials , and hypers see to work well.
There is a still a problem of speed playing some animations. Hopefully i will fix it  and then continue with improving the state manager. I will post the next demo pretty soon.
#29  December 31, 2007, 08:08:17 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Runs for me. I like the way it's really debug based right now, sounds when clsn's contact each other and the way the .air axis is also part of the clsn boxes alongside the sff axis.

What i don't like is that i cannot see where the characters code goes. I see the .air data and the .sff data. Can't see anything that gives you mugen's state engine or anything close. Are the punches embedded in the .exe itself?

That strikes me as rather/very awkward in terms of keeping the customisability going. Removing up to 2mb of character data just because you want to remove a character would be a pain in the ass. As would having a massive .exe which some people would be wont to do with all their characters.

Development will be interesting but if you want to keep a hold on mugen's customisability, you need to compartmentalise all the bits and pieces. Not compile them into the .exe file.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#30  December 31, 2007, 08:51:04 am
The cns/ tigger or states code are located within exe's resource only for testing. i did that because i don't to reveal the code yet. The States code will an external .st file.

This is how to a state code looks like.

;Infinite loop state for checking input
State=-1
If (Command(6)=true) and  (GetPlayerState=0) and (GetStateType=ST_S) and (GetMoveType=MT_I) 
SetPlayerState(6); make the player go to the state # 6 (light standaing punch)
endif
end.

; Standing state
State=0
Moving=false
control=true
SetAnimID(0)
SetAutoStateTypeSet(False)
SetStateType(ST_S)
SetMoveType:(MT_I)
;DrawText("Hello testing FEO's Scripting",100,100,RGB(0,0,255))
end

Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 08:55:29 am by becoolnike
#31  December 31, 2007, 09:12:55 am
I'd like to try it, I'm very interested in this project. However, I downloaded the DX and the program, and when I start it up I get the message, "Unnamed Project has encountered a problem and needs to close." As soon as I start it up.

Any ideas what to do?
#32  December 31, 2007, 05:25:00 pm
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
Nothing as advanced as PS2 Graphics;
You can do 3D In regular mugen as well it just looks horrible.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#33  December 31, 2007, 05:30:23 pm
  • LMAO!

[/center]
#34  December 31, 2007, 06:40:29 pm
  • Who shot ya?!
    • USA
 Well, it works for me and I could say it doesn't look half bad. I've been waiting for a good online fighter (one that will at least surpass the infamous SFO) so I can see myself get slaughtered by a random user.

The only thing that iffs me a little is that when I do a command, the program slows down a little, but then again, that's probably just me.

I'll be waiting for the final.  :D
#35  December 31, 2007, 07:34:00 pm
I'm gonna give this a shot soon, it looks very interesting. I wish you luck with the project.  ;)
#36  January 01, 2008, 10:02:41 pm
  • Check out my Mugen vids youtube.com/mugengod2569
    • mugengod2569.tripod.com
I am developing a Fighting game engine like mugen, but this will be more powerfull because its Directx9 engine, Scripting language, and its network feature. So far I am in the last step of the developing of the first version.

You can download the demo so far going to google code.
http://code.google.com/p/feo/

Comments?
Hey man incase you didn't know you made a fuckin messed up name because feo is spanish for ugly so think of a different name like mugen-o

I love this great community we call mugen
But i hate assholes who reject it and call it stupid
#37  January 01, 2008, 10:13:58 pm
  • NO HAY COMENTARIOS TONTOS SINO TONTOS QUE COMENTAN
Yes, Feo in spanish is ugly XDDDD,you should change the name XD
#38  January 01, 2008, 10:21:23 pm
  • LMAO!
I think he knows that.

[/center]
#39  January 01, 2008, 10:51:04 pm
  • DAT SAX
Will this work with DX10?

Making it for DX9 only is kinda close minded and stupid.

Nevermind, it works. :)

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 10:56:58 pm by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~
#40  January 02, 2008, 02:27:08 am
FEO means Figting Engine Online.
 I already tested feo with directx 10 and it works great.

You need to have for least directx 9 2005 for run it with put the feo's directx9  in the same folder.