YesNoOk

.JMC files and MoleBox'd MOOGEN? (Read 13441 times)

Started by Snake, September 21, 2007, 01:02:51 am
Share this topic:
Re: .JMC files and MoleBox'd MOOGEN?
#21  October 04, 2007, 02:51:25 pm
  • Reincarnation of UltraSonic50
Are you talking to me, Siu Wong?

If yes, oh sorry
#22  October 04, 2007, 02:59:52 pm
No, I wasn't.  :ninja:

I'm not making any racial comments (Unless I escaped any, which I most problably did). I just find it a bit paranoid to padlock a character to avoid stealing/Warehousing.
Uh-huh ... yeah ... I'm not that dumb.

Woah, chinese really ARE paranoid about their MUGEN stuff.

LOL, Asians.
This whole post is full of racial shit. You don't have to LOL @ Asians, nor do you have to say 'chinese really are paranoid about MUGEN' just because 1 or 2 chinese people tend to release characters in a retarded way. There are more chinese people in this world than just MDK and his friends.

I'm not making a big deal out of this, you're just replying with useless provocative bullshit.
#23  October 04, 2007, 03:02:56 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#24  October 04, 2007, 03:03:17 pm
So that means MDK and his co. are the company of releasing characters in a retarded and n00b way.
#25  October 04, 2007, 03:11:57 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
No, I wasn't.  :ninja:

I'm not making any racial comments (Unless I escaped any, which I most problably did). I just find it a bit paranoid to padlock a character to avoid stealing/Warehousing.
Uh-huh ... yeah ... I'm not that dumb.

LOL, Asians.
This whole post is full of racial shit. You don't have to LOL @ Asians, nor do you have to say 'chinese really are paranoid about MUGEN' just because 1 or 2 chinese people tend to release characters in a retarded way. There are more chinese people in this world than just MDK and his friends.

I'm not making a big deal out of this, you're just replying with useless provocative bullshit.

Oh. Alright then, I'm sorry I have insulted you.

#26  October 04, 2007, 09:04:01 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
you're just replying with useless provocative bullshit.
Speaking of bullshit (I'm just trying to make this topic cooler 8)).

GTFO CY!!! WTF MAN I DON'T WANNA SEE THAT SHIT AGAIN DX

anyway: i'm just not going to bother with them. its very suspicious that MDK and whats-his-name can 'make' so many characters in a short time, but want to lock them

you want a good ash? Get Jins or Helios version
you want a good KOF Gato? get Actjapan's
you want a good NBC Robert? Get Jins
you want a good King? Get CCI's
you want a good Ryo? CCI's Mr.Karate works well for Ryo
you want a good Kim? Tastes determine between CCI's and Spaz&Punts
you want a good Iori? Taste-wise: Any
you want a good K'? depends on taste, there are many good ones out there
you want a good Shen? IMO Jin's or another version

...i'm thinking whether or not to look for the program to open up his zip chars and post the name of said prog...

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 09:09:17 pm by Snake
#27  October 04, 2007, 10:00:44 pm
  • SNK is life

hjk

#28  October 04, 2007, 10:59:52 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan

LOL, Asians.
This whole post is full of racial shit. .

Try being black. @_@
I'm not even all black, hell probably not even half black, but trust me when I say it's not pretty.
Especially in High School, YouTube, and RS (mildly)... I always did wonder what race Kung_Fu_Man was of (especially after his post to me with involving Mugen China ...)  :S
Just got to roll with the punches sometimes.

you're just replying with useless provocative bullshit.
Speaking of bullshit (I'm just trying to make this topic cooler 8)).

You are messed up. "I'm still shuddering man WTF"  :gonkgoi:
Oh Jesus, I seriously need a break from this.

My Opinion on the topic:

I don't know. The chars might as well be made "Private". The topics should be exclusive to only the people in the Forum. Outsiders shouldn't even be able to see it IMO.
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 11:09:58 pm by White Girls Don't Lie
#29  October 04, 2007, 11:12:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it is better being a spic... you do not care about discrimination until it hits you in the face ... brb, eating some bean tacos.

back to topic:

... errr... as someone else said, open source software always has preference over closed source when both can get the work done.
#30  October 04, 2007, 11:34:19 pm
  • Coming Soon?
Well what happens is they release their molebox'd characters and someone gets wind of it and announces it here so we all try and get them when they are probably being created just for that community alone.  Simple solution don't post the news from that site here.  Out of sight out of mind.

If they wanted the general public to download and use their characters they wouldn't go through this whole encryption thing.

that's just my...$1.50 (damn inflation is affecting everything  :P)
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#31  October 04, 2007, 11:51:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
bah, go to 3d skr, it is a japanese board and they upload their files on upload services that several times 503 anybody not form japan, not to mention  ht they pwd protect the files in japanese riddles.
#32  October 04, 2007, 11:58:13 pm
  • Coming Soon?
its almost how for the most part all the pokemon download events happen in Japan.

Although come to think of it this molebox thing could be useful for creators who do not like our new open source-ish stance to release characters publicly since if I understand it correctly you can't edit or steal from them so the creator can ensure that their wishes are respected and it's all in house (creator's end) so noone will have to play mugen police and it sort of splits the difference between full private and full internet disclosure.  More or less everyone is happy.  Well except for the people who like to privately edit...
#33  October 05, 2007, 12:26:39 am
#34  October 05, 2007, 02:30:58 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
its almost how for the most part all the pokemon download events happen in Japan.

Although come to think of it this molebox thing could be useful for creators who do not like our new open source-ish stance to release characters publicly since if I understand it correctly you can't edit or steal from them so the creator can ensure that their wishes are respected and it's all in house (creator's end) so noone will have to play mugen police and it sort of splits the difference between full private and full internet disclosure.  More or less everyone is happy.  Well except for the people who like to privately edit...

i LOVE to privately edit stuff..,so i'm pissed >=(

also: that molebox thing prevents anyone from proving that said person used anything from anyone else. they could be releasing stuff end after end, wiuthout anyone knowing if he got 'help'. *cough*MDK*cough*

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#35  October 05, 2007, 02:48:21 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/

LOL, Asians.

Try being black. @_@
I'm not even all black, hell probably not even half black, but trust me when I say it's not pretty.
Especially in High School, YouTube, and RS (mildly)... I always did wonder what race Kung_Fu_Man was of (especially after his post to me with involving Mugen China ...)  :S

I doubt the guys at RS even know you're black, at least until they read this post.

However, I know for a fact that they could care less what race you are. Unless morons were suddenly a race, in which case genocide should be carried out.

hjk

#36  October 05, 2007, 02:55:47 am
    • Afghanistan

LOL, Asians.

Try being black. @_@

I doubt the guys at RS even know you're black, at least until they read this post.

First in... I'm not all black.
Second... I could really give a shit about race myself.
Internet = no point in getting offended.

However, I know for a fact that they could care less what race you are. Unless morons were suddenly a race, in which case genocide should be carried out.

OK that flew right over my head.
I completely understood the first sentence and I have to say that in all honesty, I couldn't care less.
Reference... these posts:

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=66474.msg549214#msg549214
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=66474.msg549219#msg549219

Reference: ME, all over MI :laugh4:

For the second sentence, I don't know whether to say I don't care, or whether to say, 'OK'  ::)?

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 05:03:40 am by White Girls Don't Lie
#37  October 05, 2007, 03:14:50 am
For the people who don't like copies of characters in one roster or having trouble choosing an author;

you want a good Ryo? CCI's Mr.Karate works well for Ryo
And Cirio's if you like the older movelist (with the long range projectile and all). Or Mouser's if you for some reason do not like CCI's Ryo (and how the hell could that happen).

you want a good Iori? Taste-wise: Any
Sanders' for anything up til 2k1, Ihoo's for 2k2/SVC ... Vans' for a majority of what is just listed and everything else. In other words, get Vans'.

Jins' has a big movelist and NBC graphics but there are bugs here and there.

you want a good Kim? Tastes determine between CCI's and Spaz&Punts
Actually you're better off just editting CCI's to suit your taste if you don't like what he implemented in the normal/EX version, just edit the CMD and you're set. This way compared to Spaz&Punts' you lose 1 super (or 2 if you count that Super Shin Houou Kyaku Lv.9) but you have a lot better gameplay overall.

you want a good K'? depends on taste, there are many good ones out there
Walt/Kaku Kuo/Danzou for 2k0, Nao&M's for everything else.

you want a good Shen? IMO Jin's or another version
Jins' for movelist, Vans' for everything else.
#38  October 05, 2007, 08:58:08 am

hjk

#39  October 05, 2007, 12:51:18 pm
    • Afghanistan

#40  October 05, 2007, 02:28:17 pm
  • Coming Soon?
AI doesn't define a good character.  Some people praise Beppu as a creator because of his character's AI but ask most creators and they say he is horrible.  AI is a small part as to what makes a character great.

It is IMHO 60% gameplay 30% graphics and audio 10% AI.

When you download a character do you download to play as the character or just to watch it beat you or other characters?

If part of the reason is to test your skills then you can edit the AI yourself and release a patch.
AI is not important at all when considering character greatness.  Everyone is putting too much emphasis on it these days.  Unless all you do is Watch mode it does not matter.

Sorry if it seems like I blew up but I am tired of quality creations being bashed because the AI doesn't adhere to some mythical standard.  Usually, characters that do adhere to it allow the AI to cheat either by not having it follow restrictions or by giving it combos that are impossible for a human to perform which makes the fight broken and unfair.

On topic:
best versions is indeed debateable wasn't there a topic to discuss which ones were the best a little while ago?

The point is you do not need to jump through hoops to get a character especially when there are quite a few different versions out there for you to pick from.  Leave any and all Molebox'd MugenChina characters alone and forget about them.