YesNoOk

Sound in My Games Doesn't Work (Read 3010 times)

Started by ToreyBeans, December 31, 2020, 05:54:38 am
Share this topic:
Sound in My Games Doesn't Work
#1  December 31, 2020, 05:54:38 am
    • USA
Hey guys, I'm on Windows 10, I've downloaded 3 different MUGEN 1.0 games and while the video works, I'm not getting any audio whatsoever.

The mp3s work with whatever player I use, but never in game. The drivers are all there in their respective folders. But when I look over my logs they say "initializing sound... Could not initialize sound mixer" and "couldn't open audio: no available audio device"even though the drivers are there.

I've scoured the net to troubleshoot extensively and I haven't quite found a solution so I've turned to the forum for assistance. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!

Posted: January 02, 2021, 03:12:31 am
Well I figured it out. I had to reset my computer and keep my files. Glad it worked.
Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 03:12:31 am by ToreyBeans
Re: Sound in My Games Doesn't Work
#2  September 21, 2024, 08:35:15 pm
  • Mugen Breaker
    • France
    • xiollheart.free.fr/
Hi the community,

I've encountered the same issue recently when I upgraded and downgraded my Realtek drivers on Windows 10. Other applications were running OK with audio, the problem was only with Mugen 1.0 and 1.1b (even Ikemen was working fine)

I believed first it was due to my KLite codecs as well but I did a clean reinstallation of the codecs and I still didn't hear anything.

After looking on the side of programs coded in C++ I found a topic mentionning this kind of issue :
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22960325/no-audio-with-sdl-c

I don't understand why my Path Variable SDL_AUDIODRIVER = "directsound" didn't work anymore. So I just updated it to "dsound" and it worked.
Hope it helps next time.
Age doesn't make experience, ... Damn I'm the eldest.