YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 1 (2023) (Read 498446 times)

Started by Macaulyn97, February 24, 2023, 12:22:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat 1 (2023)
#181  September 07, 2023, 11:03:47 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Seems we also have Jean Claude van Dame as skin for J.Cage
I swear there was something cool here!!
#182  September 08, 2023, 12:16:03 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria

Switch version is currently out early.
https://youtube.com/@Fish-Wf3204

It looks really really rough. There is a day 1 patch but probably best to not have big hope for the switch version.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#183  September 15, 2023, 08:27:02 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
is true what people are saying that this mk storytelling is the second best one? I havent seen any spoiler to play the story like virgin, this 19.
Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 08:30:39 pm by yaret
#184  September 15, 2023, 08:52:57 pm
    • Brazil
Well, the story starts well and becomes crazy in the middle. The only spoiler I'll give is that they still use the chapter system, so you already know its flawed.
#185  October 14, 2023, 08:35:34 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
omni-man

#186  November 02, 2023, 02:43:40 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
le official trailer

#187  February 23, 2024, 02:34:14 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
https://youtu.be/gP7ayGHBb_8

Reveal trailer for Peacemaker alongside the next Kameo, Janet Cage, who is the AU variant of Johnny Cage.

I would embed it, but age-restricted as always.
#188  February 23, 2024, 03:57:54 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA

I've always felt that NRS games tend to have the best guest characters and Peacemaker is no exception.

Janet is also kind of fun to see in action. There are some really deep old school stuff they showed off here.
#189  April 09, 2024, 09:32:55 pm
#190  July 27, 2024, 12:43:15 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria

Mortal Kombat 1 : Khaos Reigns expansion was announced at Comic Con.

After repelling the invaders who endangered Fire God Liu Kang's New Era of peace, Mortal Kombat 1: Khaos Reigns expands the story campaign with an all-new cinematic narrative. When a perilous threat arrives from an alternate timeline, led by the ruthless Titan Havik whose sole mission is to throw the realms into khaos, Liu Kang must rally his champions and put faith in his enemies to defeat this grave danger. If they fail, the New Era will be reduced to anarchy.

Adding to the growing roster of playable fighters, Kombat Pack 2 features returning kombatants Noob Saibot, voiced by Kaiji Tang; Cyrax, voiced by Enuka Okuma; and Sektor, voiced by Erika Ishii, all with unique backstories as part of the reimagined Mortal Kombat 1 Universe. As Sub-Zero, Bi-Han was the Lin Kuei's ruthless Grandmaster, but his soul was stolen by Titan Havik to create the perfect henchman, Noob Saibot, who is now dedicated to fomenting anarchy. Born into the Zaki, one of the Lin Kuei's many sub-clans, Cyrax became a martial arts prodigy with an independent streak and untamed desire to serve the clan on her terms, or not at all. Growing up immersed in Lin Kuei culture under the tutelage of her parents, Sektor becomes a master armorer, skilled warrior, and Sub-Zero's most trusted lieutenant, committed to advancing the clan's future at all costs.

Kombat Pack 2 also brings a new batch of guest fighters into the mix with Ghostface, the recurring identity donned by antagonists from the Scream horror movie franchise, voiced by Roger L. Jackson; T-1000, the liquid metal-based Terminator and deadly cybernetic assassin from the Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) film featuring the voice and likeness of actor Robert Patrick; and Conan the Barbarian, the towering warrior from the Conan the Barbarian (1982) film featuring the likeness of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Additionally, Animalities, the fan-favorite finishing moves will be returning as a free content update for all Mortal Kombat 1 owners. Allowing characters to morph into their spirit animal to annihilate defeated opponents, Animalities can be performed by all playable fighters and will be available in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 1: Khaos Reigns release.

Starting today, those who own Mortal Kombat 1 can pre-order Mortal Kombat 1: Khaos Reigns Expansion on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC for $49.99 (SRP) and Nintendo Switch for $39.99 (SRP), which includes the cinematic Story expansion and the six playable fighters within Kombat Pack 2. The Story expansion along with Noob Saibot, Cyrax, and Sektor will be available on Sept. 24. Ghostface, T-1000, and Conan the Barbarian will be released post-launch, with one-week early access provided to Mortal Kombat 1: Khaos Reigns owners. Please note, Kombat Pack 2 is not available as a standalone character bundle.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#191  July 27, 2024, 04:12:01 pm
Second Terminator and Arnold guests.  Bring Spawn back =(

At least Sheborg is canon now, I guess.
#192  August 15, 2024, 11:27:23 pm
    • USA

Time for new bios...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#193  August 16, 2024, 06:59:28 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
There is already a Lady Cyrax gameplay showcase. I admit that it looks quite interesting and very agile for aerial combos despite everything else.
#194  August 21, 2024, 11:26:46 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Time for new bios...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

hate to be the guy, but notice they only genderswap male characters but never do they do that with the female characters, and yet somehow they made the female versions superior without earning it, this change is complatly meaningless
#195  August 22, 2024, 12:51:18 am
    • Brazil
That's because there are generally less women in the roster (especially with the last batch of DLCs adding none), also, what about these profiles suggest that they are "superior" and didn't "earn" it? What exactly suggests they're superior to OG Sektor and Cyrax and hell, what did the OGs do to suggest they earned anything? The cyber initiative was a thing ever since the first timeline and the whole point of it was artificially making the Lin Kuei stronger, in other words, not "earning" anything.
#196  August 22, 2024, 03:41:44 am
    • USA

hate to be the guy, but notice they only genderswap male characters but never do they do that with the female characters, and yet somehow they made the female versions superior without earning it, this change is complatly meaningless

Don't start with this garbage, man. It's already bad enough that the usual clowns are popping up after the trailer came out and started ranting and raving about how they changed Cyrax and they keep invoking their current boogeyman in Sweet Baby Inc.
#197  August 22, 2024, 04:04:28 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
It's funny, I don't remember anyone being so outraged over Khameleon being a female equivalent to Chameleon, but I guess that was before it became a lucrative business to grift about the woke boogeyman turning the frogs gay or whatever.
#198  August 22, 2024, 06:56:55 am
    • Brazil
It's funny, I don't remember anyone being so outraged over Khameleon being a female equivalent to Chameleon, but I guess that was before it became a lucrative business to grift about the woke boogeyman turning the frogs gay or whatever.

Look, D.R.B's point is completely stupid, but the Chameleon and Khameleon situation has nothing to do with this. They were both separate characters in their MKT debut and they showed up together in the Wii version of MKA, so it's not like one was transformed into the other.
#199  August 27, 2024, 02:55:17 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB

Look, D.R.B's point is completely stupid, but the Chameleon and Khameleon situation has nothing to do with this. They were both separate characters in their MKT debut and they showed up together in the Wii version of MKA, so it's not like one was transformed into the other.

I find it ironic that this comes from someone with a history of completely stupid remarks in MG.

like seriuosly , if you can't defend the change then it's better not to say anything, you argue that they did this due to lack of female characters?

Jade, Skarlet, Sonya , Sareena, Cassie could also have been added instead of Takeda as DLC, even a ninja version of Harumi would have made an intresting choice, but they chose to genderswap because that's is how much creatively bankrupt they are

Don't start with this garbage, man. It's already bad enough that the usual clowns are popping up after the trailer came out and started ranting and raving about how they changed Cyrax and they keep invoking their current boogeyman in Sweet Baby Inc.

Are we going to pretend that this wouldn't have caused a backlash with or without the so-called boogeyman in Sweet Baby Inc. ??

especially that you are well aware that I'm not the only one who isn't happy with this change
#200  August 27, 2024, 06:32:10 pm
    • Brazil

I find it ironic that this comes from someone with a history of completely stupid remarks in MG.

like seriuosly , if you can't defend the change then it's better not to say anything, you argue that they did this due to lack of female characters?

Jade, Skarlet, Sonya , Sareena, Cassie could also have been added instead of Takeda as DLC, even a ninja version of Harumi would have made an intresting choice, but they chose to genderswap because that's is how much creatively bankrupt they are

Funny you'd say that, let's go back to my post, shall we?
That's because there are generally less women in the roster (especially with the last batch of DLCs adding none), also, what about these profiles suggest that they are "superior" and didn't "earn" it? What exactly suggests they're superior to OG Sektor and Cyrax and hell, what did the OGs do to suggest they earned anything? The cyber initiative was a thing ever since the first timeline and the whole point of it was artificially making the Lin Kuei stronger, in other words, not "earning" anything.

If my remarks are so stupid, what is stopping you from responding to them? Because you commented on the fact that I mentioned less women, but you ignored all the rest. A stupid remark from me surely would warrant a very smart or hell, an average effortless response from you. As for your additional suggestions for female characters, well, how many of them are related to the Lin Kuei? In this timeline, Sareena is more connected to Ashrah than to Sub-Zero, so all that is left is Harumi, who is an interesting idea, but is also a Shirai Ryu. From what I get from the story, they need more Lin Kuei members, since Scorpion has Smoke and quite possibly Takeda, while Sub-Zero has no one to team up with from his own clan.

Besides, how do you even know these are the same characters and not new ones? Sektor and Cyrax are very likely codenames, similar to... well, every male character that started as a ninja. As far as we know, they could be some new ladies. And even if they aren't, why is it so "creatively bankrupt" to do genderswapping? In a timeline where Raiden is mortal, Kuai Liang is Scorpion, Hanzo is a side character, Takeda is Kenshi's cousin instead of son, Reptile is hot, but somehow genderbent characters is where we draw the line? The only creative bankrupt thing I see is Bi Han seemingly becoming Noob Saibot... again, since like I said, these are codenames, and Noob could easily be someone else... maybe even a woman.

You're in favor of original female cyborgs? Fine enough, but don't pretend people wouldn't whine that we'd have new cyborg women over Cyrax and Sektor, just like they're whining about these versions of them. In fact, based on how I see things on the internet play out, I can see the exact same argument you used being directed towards new female cyborg characters, "why are they superior? They didn't earn it", when again, nothing shows any superiority in those trailers and the point of the cyber initiative is precisely to not earn anything.