Started by Shiyo Kakuge, June 18, 2014, 05:46:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: add004basic
#1481  August 07, 2020, 06:11:11 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I've been trying to get characters to work with a current copy of Ikemen Go but their bars don't show up, unless I run them through add004 pie first, but then I have the issue with that being too old, so the black screen issue happens. Is there a newer version of the add004 pie? I never had to use it for my older version of Ikemen Go

unpatched characters just don't get lifebars otherwise
#1482  August 07, 2020, 06:15:25 pm
    • USA
I've been trying to get characters to work with a current copy of Ikemen Go but their bars don't show up, unless I run them through add004 pie first, but then I have the issue with that being too old, so the black screen issue happens. Is there a newer version of the add004 pie? I never had to use it for my older version of Ikemen Go

unpatched characters just don't get lifebars otherwise

make sure your config.json looks like this in the commonstates section

"CommonStates": [
      "data/dizzy.zss",
      "data/guardbreak.zss",
      "data/score.zss",
      "data/add004/a4b_screen.zss",
      "data/add004/a4b_main.zss",
      "data/add004/a4b_rank.zss",
      "data/add004/a4b_tag.zss"
   ],

make sure the regular tag.zss is not on there
#1483  August 07, 2020, 06:51:51 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I was having issues with adding those lines, as everytime I did it kept running into problems

getting this error message when I add those in to the config file, this is with just a basic kfm unmodified

Code:
.\external\script\start.lua:1402: chars/kfm/kfm.def:
data/add004/a4b_main.zss
data/add004/a4b_main.zss:4065:
未定義の関数: fnc_varaddoo
stack traceback:
[G]: in function 'game'
.\external\script\start.lua:1402: in function 'f_selectSimple'
external/script/main.lua:2230: in function <external/script/main.lua:2208>
external/script/main.lua:2723: in function 'loop'
external/script/main.lua:2634: in function 'f_checkSubmenu'
external/script/main.lua:2705: in function 'loop'
external/script/main.lua:3352: in main chunk
[G]: ?
#1484  August 07, 2020, 06:55:02 pm
    • USA
I was having issues with adding those lines, as everytime I did it kept running into problems

you have to make sure all your characters stcommon is equal to common1.cns

if they already have an stcommon, just rename it to st(and whatever number isnt taken) and make sure stcommon=common1.cns
#1485  August 07, 2020, 07:06:14 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Code:
cmd     = kfm720.cmd        ;Command set
cns     = kfm720.cns        ;Constants
st      = kfm720.cns        ;States
stcommon = common1.cns      ;Common states (from data/ or motif)
sprite  = kfm720.sff        ;Sprite
anim    = kfm720.air        ;Animation
sound   = kfm.snd           ;Sound
ai      = kfm720.ai         ;AI hints data (not used)
movelist = movelist.dat     ;Ikemen feature: Movelist

ok, so I made sure the characters I'm testing all have the stcommon=common1.cns , there was only 1 I had to change

Code:
.\external\script\start.lua:1668: chars/kfm/kfm.def:
data/add004/a4b_main.zss
data/add004/a4b_main.zss:4065:
未定義の関数: fnc_varaddoo
stack traceback:
[G]: in function 'game'
.\external\script\start.lua:1668: in function 'f_selectArcade'
external/script/main.lua:1984: in function <external/script/main.lua:1943>
external/script/main.lua:2723: in function 'loop'
external/script/main.lua:2634: in function 'f_checkSubmenu'
external/script/main.lua:2705: in function 'loop'
external/script/main.lua:3352: in main chunk
[G]: ?

still getting this error though
#1486  August 07, 2020, 07:50:37 pm
    • USA
Sorry if this is a stupid question to add on, but are the rest of these paremeters in your config.json like this?

"CommonAir": "data/add004/common.air",
   "CommonCmd": "data/add004/common.cmd",

and then

"Motif": "data/add004/system.def",

Just wondering because latest add004 and latest ikemen is working for me
#1487  August 07, 2020, 09:12:58 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
They are, I actually did fix it, I'm not sure if maybe one of the files was directing to the wrong area, so I just basically copied and pasted all the files into the default data folder, as well as the fight.def files and it seems to have fixed it, thank you for your help. I was using a clean ikemen go, with a clean add004 and when I went into the config.json file and added the lines it said in the text file it usually wouldn't launch at all. So I'm sure there's a link between them somewhere that wasn't going to the right place.
#1488  August 16, 2020, 07:35:22 pm
    • USA
Example of said issue: https://streamable.com/i6y5cz

After testing and using this system for a few months, and being familiar with unotag as well, there is one BIG fallback that it doesnt address in tagteam fighting games. Non-active partners (assists) are treated as active players if called which means the enemy will autoturn if they are closer than the main player (especially during crossups).

This doesn't happen in tag style fighting games.  If you watch any tagteam fighting games with assist, if an assist is called, you arent autoturning to those characters, you always stay facing the main active player. This really messes up gameplay in crossups where you shouldnt be turning to non-actives. Even if you cross up and your enemy simply calls their partner, and the partner is still in their running state in add004 and they are near you, you will autoturn to them if they are closest (which again shouldnt happen on non-active players).

I realize this is a limitation of mugen and that a new assertspecial is coming in the next version of ikemen go to address this, but there is a workaround (for regular mugen) that UNOTAG uses to avoid this (kind of). Mugen treats non-player type helpers as a seperate entity so this means your character doesnt autoturn to these helpers. What unotag does is use helpers as jumping in/assisting/running in states and animations, which avoids this problem.

The only issue that persists is, once they change into their assist attack state, they are no longer helper characters and if they are near during a crossup, you will autoface them. I'd reccomend using Ikemen GO anyway since an update is coming to address this problem (you could probably just drop this in state -4 in tag mode if your sysfvar(4)=1 which is the varset for a character when they are called for an assist) but for mugen, you'd probably have to code all running in and out states as helper types and rewrite the assist state as a helper as well.

I realize this is probably a small problem for some, but I think it messes up some of the smoothness in gameplay during certain moments.

Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 08:31:41 pm by airforce111
#1489  August 16, 2020, 08:40:07 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I know I've run into problems with this before, didn't know there was an update releasing soon to fix that. It was always annoying your active character would focus on the character doing the assist at times, even more so if the assist didn't leave properly and got stuck slightly off screen.

I meant to ask as well I remember someone told me but it's been a very long time ago now, how do you go about swapping the run-in animation for a jump out animation instead? I used to have it set so they would jump in, but they would run out, I was hoping to know how to set it so they jump in as well as out, as some characters don't have running animations and they look strange when they try to use the animation and sort of just slide off screen.
#1490  August 16, 2020, 09:53:54 pm
    • USA
heres a quick followup, although this will be fixed in ikemen go soon, for the people still using mugen this is just a quick and messy example of changing non-actives to helpers instead of making the actual player go on screen: https://streamable.com/4q9a9m

as you can see this fixes the turning issue. With a few edits id probably have the running and running out fixed, but I'm not gonna mess with it any further since I'm not on mugen anyway, but just a thought (an alternative is to create helpers that go into running state, and create a custom assist state for each character/global in common cns thats spawns a helper that goes to the attack state)

Also as I posted before, tag cancel doesnt work well on default config since you cant hit the switches on hitpauses (which is the point of a tag cancel lol), to do this you have to add a bunch of ignore hitpauses and this should fix it

how do you go about swapping the run-in animation for a jump out animation instead?

if youre using ikemen go version of add004, find and disable the sections:
state 190194
#;sys::partner_run-anim2
#;sys::partner_goto-assist1

state190190

This assumes you have animations 40-47  for each character, and that 40-43 dont have a negative/infinite time on their animation. If it messes up then those are probably one of the issues.
#1491  August 17, 2020, 04:14:04 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Ah well thank you very much, I appreciate your help!

edit:You actually seemed to have fixed an error I actually didn't mean to fix, previously my characters would sometimes run from front which would seem strange so thank you! I meant more for assists, in my older build I had it set up so they could jump in for assists but would still run out, I was wondering if there was a way to set it to just jump in and out, as you can see in the last example how characters missing a running animation look, where they just loop their dash animations.

Jump In (old build)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Run In (current build)

Character without running animation
Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 04:50:10 am by XANDERAC
#1492  August 17, 2020, 07:23:52 am
    • USA
the above should've worked, its working for me (all jump in and out instead of run), are you sure you deleted these?

#1493  August 17, 2020, 07:52:18 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
ah I thought it worked like in the cns/system files where I just placed a semicolon ":" symbol before the line, as that usually blocks functions, I will try just deleting the line completely though, thanks!

Edit:

I assume the lines I need to edit are just the ones in the a4b_tag. zss file right? I did that and it still has them running in, unless it's in another file, I am using Ikemen Go, latest version for both the add004 patch and Ikemen Go as well if that helps
Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 08:55:14 am by XANDERAC
#1494  August 17, 2020, 06:42:19 pm
    • Aruba
Ah well thank you very much, I appreciate your help!

edit:You actually seemed to have fixed an error I actually didn't mean to fix, previously my characters would sometimes run from front which would seem strange so thank you! I meant more for assists, in my older build I had it set up so they could jump in for assists but would still run out, I was wondering if there was a way to set it to just jump in and out, as you can see in the last example how characters missing a running animation look, where they just loop their dash animations.

Jump In (old build)
Run In (current build)

Character without running animation

Kain R. Heinlein the character you referring to never has a running animation in his origin game (Garou MOTW), he can only step dash. Also not all characters have running animation and it's pretty common to most fighting game characters.
#1495  August 17, 2020, 06:58:27 pm
    • USA

I assume the lines I need to edit are just the ones in the a4b_tag. zss file right? I did that and it still has them running in

in zss to comment out you have to use # instead of ;

and yeah thats where you should comment it out/delete them from. make sure its the correct file and correct state numbers, maybe you mightve deleted in the wrong section. If you see any change anim controllers to anim:100 that might be why. Heres mine working:

https://streamable.com/jmqasw

#1496  August 17, 2020, 11:27:02 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
oh I know why he doesn't have a running animation carlos, that's partially why I wanted characters to jump in and out, as opposed to running in as there are several characters that only have dashes, so I figured it would be best for everyone to just hop in and out, just to eliminate the issue.

Ah I didn't know you had to use # to block lines in zss, I'll make sure to try again as I made sure to save a backup file as well. If not I'll back here to discuss my results, I'm pretty sure I deleted the right lines, but I will try again on a fresh copy of my backup to make sure.

edit:

So I went back to my backuo for the a4b_tag.zss file and it still seems to have running animations playing regardless, I found these and deleted them and tried blocking them with the # at the front but it still has them doing their run-ins as opposed to jumps oddly. So I'm confused, I actually ran the old version of add004 I used for mugen as opposed to ikemen to see what the change was on my old build but I don't think the same method can be used in Ikemen Go

This was my old mugen builds, left being the jump in/run out, right is run in/run out (default)

Code:
persistent(0) if (anim=40) && (animtime=0) && selfanimexist(100) { changeanim{value:100} }
persistent(0) if (anim=100) { turn{} }

Code:
#;sys::partner-out-set4
if !time && sysvar(0)>0 && playeridexist(sysvar(0)) {
nothitby{value:sca; time:ifelse(playerid(sysvar(0)),alive=0,25,10) }
}

if (pos y<0) { assertspecial{flag:noshadow} }

screenbound{value:0; movecamera:0,0}
playerpush{value:0}

if (anim=[41,46]) {
if (pos y>=0) || ((pos y+vel y>=0)&&(vel y>0)) {
changestate{value:190195}

Not sure if this is just because of the characters I'm using, as I said the fix you gave me does happen to fix characters sliding from across the front of the screen to assist/tag in which is nice but, unfortunately, unless I did something wrong again, it doesn't seem to make the characters jump in/out so I'm not sure. As mentioned I tried deleting the lines as well as just blocking them with a # symbol

Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 04:03:56 am by XANDERAC
#1497  August 18, 2020, 05:45:21 pm
    • USA

Code:
persistent(0) if (anim=40) && (animtime=0) && selfanimexist(100) { changeanim{value:100} }
persistent(0) if (anim=100) { turn{} }

Code:
}

if (anim=[41,46]) {

So this is code you deleted or this is the code you left in? Either or I see whats wrong, but depends on your answer
#1498  August 18, 2020, 09:05:49 pm
  • = +...Orpheus vs. the Sirens...+ =
    • USA
Made another tutorial on how to synchronize the 3v3/4v4 patch with the add004 patch for 1.0/1.1. Most of you probably already know this but it'll be helpful for newcomers.

"Make Fighting Games Great Again"
#1499  August 18, 2020, 11:35:01 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada

So this is code you deleted or this is the code you left in? Either or I see whats wrong, but depends on your answer

I tried deleting it, as well as blocking it with the # symbol as you mentioned but in both cases they still don't jump in, and just continue running in for their assists, those were the correct lines right?

also Zatoichi 03 very good job, I don't use the mugen version myself anymore but that should definitely help a lot of people start it up, nice work
#1500  August 19, 2020, 12:50:49 am
    • USA
I think there are 2 "#;sys::partner_goto-assist1", one of them is the one you posted, which shouldnt be deleted, I think you deleted the wrong one. the entire block:

Code:
}

if (anim=[41,46]) {

shouldnt be deleted.

there is another "#;sys::partner_goto-assist1" that has: ((anim=100) && (time>=20)) [changestate{value:190195}} that is below it, thats the one you should comment out/delete.