YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 2997084 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#2441  January 28, 2023, 11:05:59 am
  • Slowly getting there
    • Mexico
Hey Everyone, I'm DolphinDan, I've been into Mugen ever since I was a kid, played many, many hours of it growing up but eventually fell out of it until a couple of years ago when I stumbled into Ikemen GO and revived my love for the world of Mugen.

Recently started to get more involved into how everything works and been patching/editing characters, stages and screenpacks as a hobby, alongside starting to create my own stuff from scratch which I do plan to release once they're ready (blame procrastination).

I've been lurking this forum for quite a while but just now decided to actually join, I hope I'm able to interact with more people who share a love for Mugen and fighting games in general.
#2442  January 28, 2023, 02:04:53 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Welcome to MFG, MFFA veteran!
#2443  February 08, 2023, 03:58:07 pm
  • For me, it was Tuesday.
    • Ireland
Hello, my name is Kevin. But you can call me Mr. Grunt.

Your powers shall feed my ambitions nicely!
#2444  February 08, 2023, 05:13:17 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
#2445  February 18, 2023, 09:23:32 am
  • "I'm-a gonna win!"
    • USA
What's up all? 

My name is Dwight but years ago I went by the name Noburu.

Back then I had an account here but primarily hung out at MUGEN INFANTRY and later at ClubSyndicate.
I've always been fascinated with 2D gaming pixel/sprite art and specifically Capcom characters.

DAWARIO  is a reference to one of the WIPs I'm hoping to finish.
I had always struggled with coding.  This time I'd like to ask for more help and feedback.

When I heard about IKEMEN and the expanded options it presents, I couldn't help but to investigate.
I'm so glad the MUGEN community is alive and well and I'm hoping to contribute something back to the community that I've enjoyed.

Glad to be here.

MT7

#2446  June 01, 2023, 06:44:05 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA
Hello, I'm very very new here. I've been in the MUGEN community for a long time as a kid
I just now decided to fully join here to interact with people here!

Really happy to finally join here!
#2447  June 01, 2023, 04:50:24 pm
  • KFC
    • USA
Hello, I'm very very new here. I've been in the MUGEN community for a long time as a kid
I just now decided to fully join here to interact with people here!

Really happy to finally join here!

welcome MT7 AKA Klonoa man
#2448  June 23, 2023, 04:52:15 pm
  • Gettin' back into it
    • USA
Hey, what's up? I've been playing MUGEN since 2009 with one of the 1.0 betas. and I've recently gotten back into it. It's good to be part of this community.
A message brought to you by: Some nobody
#2449  July 10, 2023, 06:15:30 pm
    • USA
I just recently got into Mugen a few weeks ago. Extremely awesome platform and I'm actually enjoying digging into configurations as I used to be a software developer.
It's been an amazing journey so far. I've heard whispers of this game before. Wish I'd tried it out sooner.
#2450  July 11, 2023, 03:33:00 pm
    • Jordan
Hello, I'm from Jordan (a small country in the middle east), I'm somewhat of a member in the MUGEN community since 2016 (but I started using it in general since 2011), I downloaded stuff from this site for a long time and I wonder what took me so long to join since I'm a member in MUGEN Archive for a long time already, and I joined Mugen Free For All last year so why not here as well and complete the treble.

I don't consider myself a MUGEN creator but a MUGEN editor since most of my work is editing and fixing problem's in other creators work.
I recently started a Youtube channel where I did a couple of tutorials and two Mugen battles, feel free to check out the channel and hopefully you like my content.

Oh, and someone tell me how to change the profile picture? That would be appreciated.
Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 03:51:58 pm by MH Styles
#2451  September 05, 2023, 01:47:30 pm
  • Super Overlord of Jank
  • The future can be edited!
hello, i'm halis!
i usually just make janky/funny edits and give "ai" to things that nobody else would (for example, chuck norris su go kart) because i actually like janky characters, i think they're funny and worth having around.
do i fix problems in characters? if it's for an ai patch, yeah, i'll fix problems, maybe even add a couple small features... but that's only if it's ai, if it's a straight-up edit i'll just go wild with my imagination and make it into whatever i feel like seeing it as, that's just how i do things d:
if you want any of my edits/patches, let me know, a lot of them are on spriteclub and there's a few on ak1's site but there's also quite a few that i've only released through discord, not because i don't wanna share them, but because i just... plain forget to put them more publicly!
oh, and in case you're wondering about my experience, i've had over a decade on-and-off at this point, so i'm not really new, just... new here. different names and all that.
#2452  September 05, 2023, 04:16:26 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
hello, i'm halis!
i usually just make janky/funny edits and give "ai" to things that nobody else would (for example, chuck norris su go kart) because i actually like janky characters, i think they're funny and worth having around.
do i fix problems in characters? if it's for an ai patch, yeah, i'll fix problems, maybe even add a couple small features... but that's only if it's ai, if it's a straight-up edit i'll just go wild with my imagination and make it into whatever i feel like seeing it as, that's just how i do things d:
if you want any of my edits/patches, let me know, a lot of them are on spriteclub and there's a few on ak1's site but there's also quite a few that i've only released through discord, not because i don't wanna share them, but because i just... plain forget to put them more publicly!
oh, and in case you're wondering about my experience, i've had over a decade on-and-off at this point, so i'm not really new, just... new here. different names and all that.

Welcome aboard.
#2453  September 05, 2023, 04:36:04 pm
  • KFC
    • USA
Welcome to the forum, Halis.
#2454  September 20, 2023, 08:58:35 pm
    • USA
Hi all I may be new to the fourm but I'm by no means new to the wonder engine mugen
I used to be heavy in the comics scene but reacntley got into the fighters games and like kof but I'm not good but like the kofa style more so I have a project also for a kof that takes place in 71 as a prequel and would love some people to bounce off ideas help with sprites and coding to if anyone is interested let me know
#2455  September 21, 2023, 01:02:51 am
    • USA
Hello, im a very much new mugen creator that's missing many braincells. End of story ig.
#2456  October 08, 2023, 04:39:19 pm
  • HD Character Maker
    • USA
    • https://crashmind.wixsite.com/mugenbangers
Sup. Not really new around here but I never introduced myself. Now I did. I make characters and sometimes stages.
#2457  October 28, 2023, 07:21:19 pm
I am not new here.. in fact im a contributor but for various reasons, whatever has been, has been. I am on new acc since last time I visited  and Im mostly seen in MKP-based boards under similar or same name. I do make breaks from MUGEN for years as I do also other things and games, but here I am again.

Also have trouble posting.. like these quizes I dont know why this way I dont know every char and their story for games I dont play. is the forum bugged or something because besides the quiz questions, verification code  I cannot post anything with Database error.
Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 08:58:19 pm by MKImc7r
#2458  November 04, 2023, 06:40:08 am
  • Retired Spriter (Kind Of)
Haven't touched MUGEN in almost a decade until I went through an old hard drive, and got the inspiration to look back into the community. how far it has come. I used to sprite here and there, mostly DBZ (under the name testies -_-), a few almost complete open-source sheets were released back in the day and were used as bases to expand upon by others. Started to just mess around again for fun. To sum it up, basically a lurker and part-time creator / contributor. Couple items I decided to retouch.

#2459  March 22, 2024, 12:42:13 pm
  • Shooketh
    • Canada
Hello.

I am GUMHOY.
I consider myself a middling author with higher aspirations towards understanding character creation.
Excusing the unfortunate circumstances for my presence here; I have been a casual part of the MUGEN Community since before 2004.
I've simply never engaged with this community as much as I feel perhaps I should have, for whatever reason. I've always appreciated it from a distance.

With that said, hello!
My personal dream is to make MUGEN as accessible a medium to as many people as possible.
To be a good teacher, one needs good knowledge. The better I am, the better I can teach!
Since I consider MFG to be the source of many conventionally accepted community standards within the western scene, I've decided to join as a means of self-improvement.

Thank you all for having me, and I hope you each have a pleasant day.