YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1582182 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#5161  September 13, 2022, 07:42:38 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

Maybe too wild. Especially now that a majority of PlayStation fanboys are peeing their pants right now. If this new installment of Zelda series reach GOAT status and Sony doesn’t have anything to justify the existence of the Ps5 then they might kiss that spot on the top goodbye. However even if tonight’s state of play does a worst showing it’s obvious this was Nintendos least exciting Direct of the Switch era.

Exhibit: A

Nobody asked for a new Fire emblem (though deep inside we really needed a new one that goes back to basics in terms of setting, gameplay, and story. Three Houses wasn't my cup of tea to be honest.

Exhibit : B

Too many jrpgs and farm sims in this direct. I’m still waiting to give the Rune Factory series a go if given the chance.

And finally Exhibit : C

The ongoing saga of Nintendo not caring about game preservation. Many of us expected Game Boy and(or) GBA to be announced but all we got was Goldeneye and Mario Party. Yay I guess?
#5162  September 13, 2022, 08:09:42 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

We all knew this was happening. We just didn’t know if Nintendo would acknowledge it.

Not the GameCube remaster everyone was expecting, but I’m glad there are some people that are happy.

After making an appearance on a State of Play last June a Switch version has been announced and set on the same day as PS4 and Ps5.

Originally a freeware RPG maker title, which explains the pixel art unsettling setting.

Hopefully this sequel gets more people to invested into Hd-2d jrpgs now we’ve seen what Square Enix is capable of.

Had this on the Wii when I was younger, so it’s probably  my favorite announcement in the direct.

Cmon Capcom, you’re better than this.

This Saturn title finally makes it’s Nintendo hardware debut, and its available now.

Clearly the best way to celebrate Final Fantasy’s 35th anniversary.

Easily one of my most wanted Switch ports. Now I don’t have an excuse to play it when the remaster launches.
#5163  September 14, 2022, 01:16:01 am
Nobody asked for a new Fire emblem
lol yeah right
(not that I think that this game will quench people's expectations since the designs look more and more like random Chinese mobile game of the week and the concept is literally Fire Emblem Heroes 2 so it might not do better than 3H)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 01:20:33 am by Byakko
#5164  September 14, 2022, 01:32:31 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
lol yeah right
(not that I think that this game will quench people's expectations since the designs look more and more like random Chinese mobile game of the week and the concept is literally Fire Emblem Heroes 2 so it might not do better than 3H)

And clearly I was wrong about everyone asking about a new Fire Emblem. Feel free to shame me.
#5165  September 14, 2022, 01:39:21 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA

[youtube] https://youtu.be/O8PrEUsma50[/youtube]

And finally Exhibit : C

The ongoing saga of Nintendo not caring about game preservation. Many of us expected Game Boy and(or) GBA to be announced but all we got was Goldeneye and Mario Party. Yay I guess?

Are we really gonna ignore Pokemon Stadium? Not to mention Goldeneye and Mario Party being games that should've been here since forever? Are we really doing this?
#5166  September 14, 2022, 02:14:42 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Well it’s nice to have them in. But you can’t use the transfer pack features which for me is a deal breaker.
#5167  September 14, 2022, 02:33:39 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
too many farming video games on that presentation on the other hand, Im excited about that Kirby's return to dream land
#5168  September 14, 2022, 03:17:21 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Well it’s nice to have them in. But you can’t use the transfer pack features which for me is a deal breaker.

That is so petty I'm not even gonna take you seriously. That is silly, dude.
#5169  September 14, 2022, 05:18:49 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
...what? Fire Emblem 3H is one of the most popular in the series and most fans want/anticipate another game. If you're going to say "I didn't ask for another Fire Emblem" just say that

#5170  September 14, 2022, 05:56:48 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
#5171  February 07, 2023, 11:54:42 pm
Direct on feb. 8, 2 PM PST for Switch games this side of 2023.
https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-08-2023/
Everyone's expecting Zelda which is less than 100 days away now, come the fuck on already. Maybe some kind of Metroid too but I'm not sure about a big reveal for early 2023.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 11:58:46 pm by Byakko
#5172  February 09, 2023, 12:21:01 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Direct on feb. 8, 2 PM PST for Switch games this side of 2023.
https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-08-2023/
Everyone's expecting Zelda which is less than 100 days away now, come the fuck on already. Maybe some kind of Metroid too but I'm not sure about a big reveal for early 2023.

Another decent direct in the books. More variety (and less Square Enix) than September

Can we pet the dog Miamoto?

Sega actually lifted a dead franchise from the grave? Has the world turned upside down?

Oddly that I was at the Magic Kingdom at WDW before I saw this.

Now if Russia doesn't do anything stupid this game will eventually release.

Welcome back Level-5. We missed ya.

The gba was the first console I ever owned. Super Circuit was the first Mario Kart I played. Nostalgia is hitting me hard right now.

What's that you don't want to pay 70$ for a Zelda game? Well that's too bad.
Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 01:18:08 am by Beta158
#5173  February 09, 2023, 03:54:12 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Double post cause "reasons"

Metroid Prime finally goes HD and is available right now.

We waited three packs and we finally get a new racer. Way to go Nintendo

Atlus finally finds a rhythm in terms of switch support.

Maybe the most "more than a remaster" game on switch yet.

Yes more Katamari please daddy.

Sit down Marvels Midnight Suns. School is back in session.
#5174  May 02, 2023, 12:30:49 pm
Zelda fully leaked yesterday on Discord and lots of people were streaming on Youtube, Twitch, and some Chinese stream site. Nintendo murdered a lot of people. And there's already a lot of people misunderstanding what they're looking at and claiming the Zelda timeline makes no sense / is contradicted again. The cutscenes were also datamined but I haven't seen them.
Lots of the early streamers were stuck on the tutorial islands and were nuked within a couple hours, but some made it to Hyrule and started streaming only there, and we've seen the first boss. They're mostly playing on emulators btw, some are slow but some managed to make it run fine.
Anyway,
Spoiler: general elements, no detail (click to see content)
Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 12:40:49 pm by Byakko
#5175  June 20, 2023, 05:36:49 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Tomorrow may be the first day of summer but school is about to be back in session.

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/6-21-2023/

Can Nintendo give Xbox and PlayStation a run for their money. Will there be a paid dlc expansion for Tears of the Kingdom. Only one way to find out,
#5176  June 20, 2023, 06:19:09 pm
Cautiously excited, since I'm not really expecting much. Also fully prepared to be bored by the segment devoted to Everybody's 1-2 Switch, which comes out next week and absolutely NO ONE asked for lol
#5177  June 20, 2023, 11:07:13 pm
Will there be a paid dlc expansion for Tears of the Kingdom.
No way that happens this year. Not even expecting Metroid Prime 4. The announcement focusing on Pikmin 4 feels like such a troll.

Edit - oh yeah, isn't there some Fire Emblem remake to come ?
Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 11:08:32 am by Byakko
#5178  June 21, 2023, 05:43:25 pm
Never have I been so happy to have been wrong, that was pretty good!
#5179  June 21, 2023, 07:08:44 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Never have I been so happy to have been wrong, that was pretty good!

I mean its June. Obviously they always deliver the good stuff.

No exact release date but after this dlc Game Freak better start getting some rest before the Switch successor launches.

As the name suggests Detective Pikachu is back with more new mysteries to solve. Don't be surprised if a movie based on this game is announced in about a year or two.

New footage shown after premiering at the SGF Showcase.

Still hoping this does well though I'm not into these type of games. Looks promising.

As if we needed more rogue-likes.

The Phantom Thieves return to Nintendo Switch with new spin off tactical game.

Alright who's fever dream is this?

New game from Sonic Mania dev.

The most well known of the Dragon Quest spinoffs (that isn't based on the Dai manga) returns this holiday.

For the first time in the series you can go out at night. But the creatures are more dangerous during the moonlight so be careful.

New remasters of the first two Pikmin games available now digitally.

Viral game pass indie title is no longer a Xbox console exclusive.

Based on the tabletop game of the same name. Hopefully in translates well to a video game.

This would a much better showcase of the Joy-cons if it was a launch title.

One of the best trilogy's in gaming history finally goes portable.

Three more racers join in with wave 5 of the Booster Course pass.

The first Star Ocean to make it to the west is landing for the first time on a Nintendo platform.

The most jaw dropping Switch game announcement this year. Either because Nintendo actually remembered that this SNES masterpiece exists or that we finally got a 3d model of Geno.

This will be the first time that all the first three MGS games will be bundled together on a Nintendo console with the original Metal Gear Solid and MGS 2 Sons of liberty debuting on a Nintendo platform. Mgs 3 Snake Eater got a 3ds version early in the consoles life.

And finally we have the first 2d Mario game in over a decade (that isn't a remake or an addition to NSO) Daisy will also be playable for the first time.
#5180  June 21, 2023, 11:55:00 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
The biggest change in the new Mario game: removing point scoring. Instead, when you do chain attacks, you get messages.

"Good. Great. Super. Fantastic. Excellent. Incredible. Wonderful."

Nintendo sees you, Capcom.