Active Tag system (Read 140182 times)

Started by PotS, December 02, 2022, 03:54:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Active Tag system
#81  April 03, 2024, 01:50:25 pm
    • Canada
    • nanasarpong30655@gmail.com
This happens ONLY after the last updates
I believe you and it seems like a big issue, so for the time being I just rolled back the changes.

Please redownload. Sorry about that. I'll upload the latest code after I sort out that issue.

I can't tell you exactly which characters causes this
Do you have a roster of chars all in the same style or a random assortment of them?

Also are you guys using Ikemen 0.99 or latest "nightly" builds?

I'm still supporting 0.99 with this system but I may move to nightly since some things need to be adjusted in preparation for the Ikemen 1.0 release. The 0.99 version of the file will be archived and still available like the 0.98.2 version.
Well for me it's the characters with OHMSBY-gameplay at least for now. I did not check other characters yet. and I am using nightly builds
Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 05:50:48 pm by bass30655
#82  April 03, 2024, 10:59:24 pm
    • Argentina
This happens ONLY after the last updates
I believe you and it seems like a big issue, so for the time being I just rolled back the changes.

Please redownload. Sorry about that. I'll upload the latest code after I sort out that issue.

I can't tell you exactly which characters causes this
Do you have a roster of chars all in the same style or a random assortment of them?

Also are you guys using Ikemen 0.99 or latest "nightly" builds?

I'm still supporting 0.99 with this system but I may move to nightly since some things need to be adjusted in preparation for the Ikemen 1.0 release. The 0.99 version of the file will be archived and still available like the 0.98.2 version.

Hey there! Thanks for taking your time to fix the issues, really appreciated!

I'm using characters from authors around all the internet so it's kinda random.

Also, I'm using this Ikemen version. I didn't know there was a newer one honestly: Ikemen_GO-v0.99.0-rc.2-windows

(Is there a way to avoid all the captchas before posting in mugenguild? Kinda annoying lol!)
#83  April 06, 2024, 04:47:32 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I think I've figured out the issue but I want to run more matches to be sure.

Also, I'm using this Ikemen version. I didn't know there was a newer one honestly: Ikemen_GO-v0.99.0-rc.2-windows
You shouldn't be using that one. That's a beta version for 0.99, so just use 0.99.

(Is there a way to avoid all the captchas before posting in mugenguild? Kinda annoying lol!)
You probably don't have enough posts to get past the bot filter or something like that.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#84  April 07, 2024, 03:06:44 am
    • Argentina
I think I've figured out the issue but I want to run more matches to be sure.

You shouldn't be using that one. That's a beta version for 0.99, so just use 0.99.

You probably don't have enough posts to get past the bot filter or something like that.

Very nice! Just to let you know; I downgraded from your latest upload and it doesn't happen anymore so is definitely something in the new code.

I'll wait patiently for your fix! Also I'm migrating to 0.99, thanks for telling. The nightly builds seems to be the latest versions but kinda unstable, correct? You've plans to migrate everything into the future version? I don't know how big the changes would be between versions anyway.
#85  April 18, 2024, 03:26:28 pm
Is there a way for me to patch individual characters to work with your active tag system? When I installed your patch, it increased the tag compatibility of my roster a lot; I thought my roster was 100 percent good until recently, but I did find one character that I can’t seem to fix.

There’s a Street Fighter The Movie Guile by Jessica Smoke that now flickers in the background while pacing back and forth when I try to tag him out. This is the only character I found on my roster that’s buggy with your tag patch now. I’d like to fix him myself if I can.

I’m still on Ikemen 98.2, so I haven’t been able to download your update patches. I tried to switch to 99 but a lot of stage edits were broken when I moved over. Also a few characters integrated power bars appeared wonky in the new version, so I’m staying put for the time being.

Thanks for your help. If there’s no way to fix him, no worries! 99 percent compatibility is still really good! And your system is still my favorite.
#86  April 20, 2024, 06:00:53 pm
    • Portugal
Updated the file again.

I couldn't find any issues so far but let me know if you do.

I'll wait patiently for your fix! Also I'm migrating to 0.99, thanks for telling. The nightly builds seems to be the latest versions but kinda unstable, correct? You've plans to migrate everything into the future version? I don't know how big the changes would be between versions anyway.
The nightly is less stable but it's also more recent. So it may have a new bug once in a while, but overall it has less bugs.

I will always keep my works up-to-date with the latest Ikemen (until I retire again anyway).

I’m still on Ikemen 98.2, so I haven’t been able to download your update patches. I tried to switch to 99 but a lot of stage edits were broken when I moved over. Also a few characters integrated power bars appeared wonky in the new version, so I’m staying put for the time being.
The 0.98.2 file is not as up-to-date so it's missing some compatibility improvements. Maybe that char already works in the 0.99 version of the code.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#87  April 22, 2024, 07:55:24 pm
    • Argentina
Updated the file again.

I couldn't find any issues so far but let me know if you do.

The nightly is less stable but it's also more recent. So it may have a new bug once in a while, but overall it has less bugs.

I will always keep my works up-to-date with the latest Ikemen (until I retire again anyway).

The 0.98.2 file is not as up-to-date so it's missing some compatibility improvements. Maybe that char already works in the 0.99 version of the code.

Hello there. Thanks for the update! I'm having a lot of fun with your TAG system.

Adding by what BeastwithFriends said, I've encountered a similar problem.

Snowman by The Snowman Team is a character that I can't use in your tag. He's constantly hoping back and forward in your character's current position. I know this is OBVIOUSLY the character problem, but I wonder why that happens. I still didn't check his code on the hop states though, so maybe is a very easy problem to fix. I've a similar problem with a character that hops but after a couple of seconds he goes away.

Now, I know you made this to not being customizable and basically installing it and play with a lot of universal compatibility, which works perfectly for that.

But I had some ideas since after so much playing with it, may be lacking an option for me but I could be wrong (I know you based it on MVC:I style): Assists.

This would require to remake how your tag system works and honestly I'd like to make it myself but I have no clue how this works, but basically my idea is the following:

Button TAG 1 neutral/forward/holdforward: Switching to Character 2
Button TAG 1 back/holdback: Switching to Character 3

Button TAG 2 neutral/forward/holdforward: Calling Assist from Character 2
Button TAG 2 back/holdback: Calling Assist from Character 3

It would make the system a bit more complete by adding assists, and retaining the same effects as switching to one character or another but in only one button with a basic and intuitive input.

Of course this would require to set the Statedef for your dessired asist, and it requires touching each character's code which loses the purpose of your easy install, but I think this would enrich the system by a huge margin. Maybe adding it as a separate version / something optional?

You already implemented the possibility to switch in a character while doing an active move, but after playing a lot I think the best of the best would be to retain this asking for a little of power to not overabuse it (mostly on supers that fires projectiles that lasts extensively long), and adding ONLY ONE assist per character to compensate, so the player needs to think if they want to use the tag options offensively; it would cause some risks as the assists can take damage and the tag-in while casting a move asks for power. Normal switching and Counter Switching would stay the same as I think it is literally perfect.

I know there's another tag system from Orochi Kyo which is customizable but that one is just too complex and requires A LOT of customization; my idea is way more simple: Moving the switching options to only one button and adding only 1 assist per character to the button that is now free.

What do you think? It is possible? I'd really like to work on something like this but honestly I have zero idea about tag coding. I just make some basic edit on chars...
#88  April 23, 2024, 04:27:31 pm
    • Portugal
Snowman by The Snowman Team is a character that I can't use in your tag. He's constantly hoping back and forward in your character's current position. I know this is OBVIOUSLY the character problem, but I wonder why that happens. I still didn't check his code on the hop states though, so maybe is a very easy problem to fix. I've a similar problem with a character that hops but after a couple of seconds he goes away.
I'll try this char in a bit. I doubt the tag can be made more compatible, but maybe I'll learn something.

What do you think? It is possible? I'd really like to work on something like this but honestly I have zero idea about tag coding. I just make some basic edit on chars...
It's possible but I'm not currently planning to do it. The plug and play aspect was one of the things I was interested in when I chose a MvC:I-ish tag. Doing assists has all the drawbacks you mentioned.

I don't mean to discourage you but doing a tag code requires some experience with ZSS/CNS (preferably ZSS) and the inner workings of chars so it's not something you should try from the start. It'd probably be easier and more reasonable to adapt an existing system like OrochiKyoCR's to your liking.

You already implemented the possibility to switch in a character while doing an active move, but after playing a lot I think the best of the best would be to retain this asking for a little of power to not overabuse it (mostly on supers that fires projectiles that lasts extensively long), and adding ONLY ONE assist per character to compensate, so the player needs to think if they want to use the tag options offensively; it would cause some risks as the assists can take damage and the tag-in while casting a move asks for power. Normal switching and Counter Switching would stay the same as I think it is literally perfect.
I thought about having it locked behind meter at first, but being able to do it at any time is part of what makes it fun. Besides, a power requirement of say 1000 can be a completely different cost from one char to another. Would need its own meter like how counter tagging currently works.

Regardless, I'm glad you're having fun with it.
#89  April 25, 2024, 03:36:57 pm
    • USA
Hey P.O.T.S how's it going man active tag is a game changer and so much fun but for some reason when using it on Infinite Legacy X it has a slight lag stutter and I can't figure out what is causing it. My laptop is pretty powerful and this only happens when I play a tag team. I tested  all programs closed and still experienced the issue any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated
#90  April 25, 2024, 07:01:22 pm
    • Portugal
Which version of the tag are you using? I optimized it a bit recently. Still it's odd that tag would cause a slowdown. Even my old Thinkpad had no such issues. Maybe some particular char that spazzes out in tag?
#91  April 26, 2024, 04:55:08 am
    • USA
Which version of the tag are you using? I optimized it  bit recently. Still it's odd that tag would cause a slowdown. Even my old Thinkpad had no such issues. Maybe some particular char that spazzes out in tag?
I'm using the latest version I believe the one that is on the first page.

],
  "FirstRun": false,
  "FontShaderVer": 120,
  "ForceStageZoomin": 1.5,
  "ForceStageZoomout": 0.8,
  "Framerate": 75,
  "Fullscreen": true,
  "FullscreenRefreshRate": 75,
  "FullscreenWidth": 1920,
  "FullscreenHeight": 1080,
  "GameWidth": 1920,
  "GameHeight": 1080,