YesNoOk

Active Tag system (Read 131822 times)

Started by PotS, December 02, 2022, 03:54:21 pm
Share this topic:
Active Tag system
#1  December 02, 2022, 03:54:21 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
So a couple of weeks ago I made some test changes to Ikemen GO's tag code to allow active switching (like MvC Infinite). I thought the prototype was really fun, so after more coding and playtesting I bring you the full version.

The basic idea is that you can now tag at any time instead of when you have control of the characters. The readme is already fairly detailed so this post will be short.

Here's a very simple demo:
https://streamable.com/y25ynv

DOWNLOAD
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 10:10:15 pm by Speedpreacher
Re: Active Tag system
#2  December 02, 2022, 04:23:35 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Dude that is cool when Ikemen GO implants stage and System fit I will be sure to download your full version of the tag code.
#3  December 03, 2022, 03:51:44 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Surprised this isn't geting more attention, this is a super cool toy. You're all missing out, guys!

Sure, there are other tag system alternatives out there, but this one immediately became my favorite because of how flexible and extremely easy to use it is.
#4  December 03, 2022, 09:58:05 am
    • Portugal
It's normal I think. Especially for an Ikemen release. We're all playing the long game here. ;P

Thanks for the plug. Flexible and easy is exactly what I was trying to do.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#5  December 03, 2022, 12:58:36 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
No way, this must be legendary of all time, great system.
#6  December 03, 2022, 08:56:46 pm
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
This is really awesome POTS! I am a big fan of MVCI Tag system over MVC2. I tried and tested it works great!
Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
#7  December 04, 2022, 08:55:38 am
    • Portugal
Thanks. It's nice to hear that from Marvel players. It's going to be a bit different from MvCI because I had to think of every char from SF2 to GG, in addition to having teams of up to 4 characters, but the core gameplay should be there.

I made this funny combo yesterday that I might as well post here:
https://streamable.com/z7gpnx
#8  December 08, 2022, 09:34:39 pm
    • USA
I made short video of this awesome tag code he made.
#9  December 11, 2022, 10:03:29 am
    • Portugal
Thanks. I was hoping someone posted a longer video because I didn't want to revive my YouTube account to make one. ;P

I think you'll have a better experience if you make the lifebar portraits share the character PalFX, because I made them darken when the character is unavailable for tagging. It's the new "pX.face.palfxshare" parameter.

I updated the code today just a little bit:
<11.12.2022>
- Improved compatibility for characters that have helpers following them around, such as Nakoruru
- A character who is knocked back onto the ground while tagging out will stand up immediately
Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 10:07:25 am by PotS
#10  December 14, 2022, 11:36:20 pm
    • Mexico
I was testing the tag system and it had some errors, nothing serious for first release, after updating, there some of my characters come and go like crazy. Why is that?
#11  December 15, 2022, 07:41:40 pm
    • Portugal
Can you be more specific? I've seen one person have that problem and it turned out that his characters had Mugen tag patches applied to them that created conflicts with the code.
#12  December 15, 2022, 08:41:23 pm
    • Mexico
I do not see traces of mugen tag code in the chars, it is only the case of some, even of the same author and style may or may not have that problem. I can't switch between them as they enter and exit the screen all the time.
#13  December 15, 2022, 10:09:52 pm
    • Portugal
Could you list a couple of those characters so I can try them later?
#14  December 16, 2022, 10:57:45 pm
    • Bulgaria
    • mugen-hiresedits.blogspot.com
Balrog by Trololo for exаmple.
#15  December 17, 2022, 09:22:29 am
    • Portugal
That one works perfectly here. Downloaded from here.

Really there's no reason in theory that a conventional character (not giant boss, etc) won't work. Especially if made from mine. It ought to be something that was added to the character or Ikemen itself and is creating a conflict.
#16  December 20, 2022, 05:43:49 pm
    • Portugal
A small but relevant update today, because I was able to figure out why some characters run in and out thanks to your reports. Let me know if it still happens after redownloading.
#17  December 20, 2022, 10:46:56 pm
    • Bulgaria
    • mugen-hiresedits.blogspot.com
The best tag system. Thanks for the update, it's working with no problems.
#18  December 30, 2022, 06:52:11 am
    • Mexico
Short late, testing and everything perfect. Happy holidays guys.
#19  December 30, 2022, 06:55:47 am
    • Mexico
Reading the *.txt I didn't think I would be there in the acknowledgments. An honor je.
#20  January 07, 2023, 05:52:58 am
This tag patch is amazing and so easy to install. It feels so smooth to play. I also appreciate the expanded compatibility. There were quite a few characters that would break IKEMEN's default tag, but are working no problem here. I did notice one small issue with a few characters.

When playing with any of GM's SF3 characters, they don't deal any damage when they land hits in Tag Mode. I think this is definitely an issue with the characters themselves and not the patch, but do you have any idea of why this would happen?
#21  January 07, 2023, 09:29:50 am
    • Portugal
Thanks. :)

When playing with any of GM's SF3 characters, they don't deal any damage when they land hits in Tag Mode. I think this is definitely an issue with the characters themselves and not the patch, but do you have any idea of why this would happen?
I only have his Akuma right now but he's working fine. Maybe the chars were modified? Does anyone else have this issue?

Edit: Nevermind. It doesn't happen in tag vs single but does happen in tag vs tag. I'll look into it.

Edit 2: OK I figured it out. The same thing happens in the normal tag system. GM's characters use different damage scaling depending on which team mode the enemy is in, and they were obviously not expecting them to be in tag. You can fix it by searching this text in their code:

Code:
enemy,teammode = simul

And replacing it with:
Code:
(enemy,teammode = simul || enemy,teammode = tag)
Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 09:44:35 am by PotS
#22  January 07, 2023, 04:10:31 pm
That worked like a charm, thank you so much!!
#23  January 10, 2023, 04:39:43 pm
Yo :)...I saw in your readme that some characters will break Tag, and in those cases, people would have to fix them manually on an individual basis. Because of that, I wasn't sure if you're wanting reports for characters that break the system. If you're interested, these characters freeze when tagging out or in:

G.D.T's -Street Fighter Alpha Gouki
Luvly Angel's- Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gen
All of Umihei's Street Fighter 3 Characters
#24  January 14, 2023, 01:31:47 pm
    • Portugal
I think the common trend between those is that they lack a running/dashing animation, which is actually one of Mugen's required animations. Try redownloading the tag code because I added a failsafe so that they may still work.

To get them to look right you'll have to add dashing animations though. Even cloning the walking animations will do.
#25  January 15, 2023, 08:26:34 pm
I played with it all morning with no issues : )... it's perfect.
#26  February 15, 2023, 05:43:52 am
  • Rabbit + Fantasy Blob = Blobbit with very high DEF
    • USA
I honestly don't mean to bump. But I had a question about this in the readme.

"The rounds always start with Player 1 fighting Player 2, instead of with the previously active players"

Does this mean like in MvC1 and MvC2 where the only fighters are currently present onscreen is the Leader of P1 and P2's team during their intro pose?
#27  February 15, 2023, 10:04:15 am
    • Portugal
It's OK. The default behavior of Ikemen's tag is that each round starts as the previous one ended. Say if the round ended with P3 defeating P8, the next round starts with P3 vs P8. In this code it always resets to P1 vs P2. In case you set Tag mode to more than one round, anyway.
#28  February 15, 2023, 04:57:00 pm
  • Rabbit + Fantasy Blob = Blobbit with very high DEF
    • USA
Oh OK. Thanks for clearing that up for me!  I wasn't sure and confused what that feature meant.
#29  March 01, 2023, 02:42:18 pm
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com
Is it possible when changing characters to make two characters leave at once for 10 seconds and then leave? (in mode tag 3 v 3 o 4 v 4)(Would you continue with your character all the time.
Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 10:36:28 pm by oscar123
#30  March 05, 2023, 05:12:31 pm
    • Portugal
Most things are possible with Ikemen, but that's a big detour from this code. The system would have to be made with that in mind.
#31  March 16, 2023, 09:39:17 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
Is anyone having this problem with characters if so how do you go about fixing it?
#32  March 17, 2023, 04:46:58 pm
    • Portugal
It looks like you're missing the common commands file. Which version of Ikemen are you using?
#33  March 21, 2023, 01:24:59 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
I was able to get it working I found I can't use the Add004 common or command with this.
#34  May 02, 2023, 06:37:24 pm
This system is very good, is there a way to add assists?

Like Tap the button for an assist.

Forward and Tag to switch, etc?

What section should I look for in order to implement this?

How do I set or control what states they go when I press the tag button?

Thanks!!
#35  May 04, 2023, 10:44:19 pm
    • Portugal
There isn't. I made this system in a way that you can just throw it in Ikemen and start playing right away. If you want configuration options you should check OrochiKyoCR's tag system.
#36  May 17, 2023, 01:06:58 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
for some strange reason it does a spike freeze during gameplay on my chars. makes no sense
#37  May 21, 2023, 03:37:06 pm
    • Portugal
That's weird. Tagging is essentially variables and changestates so it shouldn't cause slowdown. Unless your chars spammed helpers or explods while tagging or something.
#38  June 10, 2023, 04:41:45 pm
  • un mago errante
    • Chile
    • Skype - cristopeles
I like it, I could use it in a neogeo coliceo batlle, thank you.
un mago errante estudiando idiomas para salir de la rutina
#39  June 11, 2023, 05:27:05 pm
I've notice when you tag in and out it shows a p1 and p2 over characters. How do I get that? also what lifebars do you use I would like to use them for my ikemen.
#40  June 15, 2023, 07:33:30 pm
    • Portugal
You need to be using Ikemen-compatible system effects or the latest version of Ikemen to have those indicators. The lifebars are custom. They're just a simple, rough edit of the default lifebars so I never released them.

:thumbsup:
#41  July 19, 2023, 10:42:38 pm
You need to be using Ikemen-compatible system effects or the latest version of Ikemen to have those indicators. The lifebars are custom. They're just a simple, rough edit of the default lifebars so I never released them.

I finally have the indicators but its not working for the activetag.zss only for tag.zss, how do i fix?
#42  July 21, 2023, 05:18:38 pm
    • Mexico
I have a question, is it suitable for any ikemen or just for one? It is that what happens I put it to my ikemen and at the moment that I am playing alone precious windows and I look at the desktop in the middle of the battle
#43  July 22, 2023, 07:40:13 pm
    • Portugal
I finally have the indicators but its not working for the activetag.zss only for tag.zss, how do i fix?
Maybe you're using the code with the Ikemen 0.99 beta?

I have a question, is it suitable for any ikemen or just for one? It is that what happens I put it to my ikemen and at the moment that I am playing alone precious windows and I look at the desktop in the middle of the battle
It's for Ikemen GO 0.98.2 and up, but in Ikemen 0.99 it may need some adjustments to look right. I'll update the code when Ikemen 0.99 beta 2 is released. Perhaps a bit sooner.
#44  July 23, 2023, 12:27:16 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/

I'm not sure why I keep getting these Survival Report sprites from the bonus games showing up, I had thought it was my version so I got 0.98.2, redownloaded all my characters to ensure all the previous coding in them was gone, even redownloaded the screenpack/lifebars but I still keep getting these boxes popping up, didn't see anyone else mention it on here.

Edit:
Assumed they were files from the screenpack/lifebar but can't find these in either of the sff files, so I'm not sure where they're coming from.

Edit:
I believe it was due to some files from the screenpack I was using, despite downloading it and Ikemen, as well as all the characters again, it had issues, I tested it using a updated version and it seems fine now.
Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 03:51:03 am by XANDERAC
#45  July 23, 2023, 04:35:12 pm
    • Portugal
I have no idea but that looks like a custom module. Maybe it uses the same animations default Ikemen uses for tag.
#46  July 23, 2023, 04:51:20 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
It may be something from the OHMSBY style characters, regardless of who's made them they all seem to encounter the same issue, sometimes not initially but as the round progresses eventually all characters end up with them. Out of curiosity did the same thing with a new build, same screenpack, but with MVC characters and it seemed fine, never had those boxes pop up, despite using the same screenpack/lifebars, and I can't find the sprites for the Survival report stuff in the characters themselves so I really have no idea where they're coming from. I had these characters using OrochiKyo's tag system and never experienced this with them then, so I'm really confused as to what's causing it.
#47  July 25, 2023, 11:54:34 pm
#48  July 29, 2023, 11:17:42 am
    • Portugal
I updated the tag code today.

Because of Ikemen version incompatibilities, the version for Ikemen 0.98.2 can still be found in the Mediafire folder.

Which one do I get to make the indicators work with activetag and how do I set it up?
Download the nightly build from the Ikemen releases section on GitHub and the tag from the first post.

@XANDERAC Maybe this new version fixes it, even if I didn't address it directly.
Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 12:39:30 pm by PotS
#49  July 29, 2023, 10:32:18 pm
    • USA
I updated the tag code today.

Because of Ikemen version incompatibilities, the version for Ikemen 0.98.2 can still be found in the Mediafire folder.

Which one do I get to make the indicators work with activetag and how do I set it up?
Download the nightly build from the Ikemen releases section on GitHub and the tag from the first post.

@XANDERAC Maybe this new version fixes it, even if I didn't address it directly.

image is here:
https://ibb.co/DfKLYJ5

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I get this error message using the new version of Ikemen Go build and adding the new version of your tag code.
Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 10:42:23 pm by JJkoolaid
#50  July 30, 2023, 01:10:48 pm
    • Portugal
#51  October 21, 2023, 09:02:05 pm
    • Mexico
Hello, I have a problem when I play with the activetag and in a scenario that has the water effect of the creator lasombra demon meda, an error remains pressed, the sound of the water effect remains pressed. Do you know how to solve that error?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O72gm3ogj18
Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 09:12:22 pm by Smoker5
#52  October 23, 2023, 11:39:05 am
    • Portugal
I can't reproduce this in the versions I currently have. Which Ikemen and tag versions are those?
#53  October 23, 2023, 09:57:32 pm
    • Mexico

I have that version of ikemen and the water effect of the ahutor Lasombra Demon Universal Water Effect system 3.0 and your activetag
#54  October 28, 2023, 12:16:51 pm
    • Portugal
That doesn't really say the version. But if you have UWE 3.0 and my latest tag you probably have version 0.99.

I tested with UWE 3.0 and the previous version as well without issues so I'm not sure how to help you, though. Could be anything.
#55  October 30, 2023, 03:02:02 am
    • Mexico

No problem there, I'll leave it like this and I'll remove the sound of the splash from the sound of the water, thanks anyway.
#56  November 17, 2023, 08:46:52 pm
    • USA
I been playing this tag for a while. There are some characters that I have to take out of my tag roster. For example all of the author's Infinite MVC characters and just some other characters. Either when playing or just the AI. They are buggy. They can't tag in or out properly and they keep running in and out of the screen whenever their partner is still alive or dead.  I seen that those buggy characters have a lot of states 7000 to 8000 in Fighter Factory.
#57  November 22, 2023, 03:32:47 pm
    • Portugal
Sorry, I missed your post. Could've sworn I'd already make some workarounds so that kind of Mugen tag would work. Are you using the latest version of the code? If so, could you point me to a couple of chars with the issue? Not that compatibility with *every* Mugen tag code can be reasonably achieved.
#58  November 28, 2023, 06:54:44 am
    • USA
Sorry, I missed your post. Could've sworn I'd already make some workarounds so that kind of Mugen tag would work. Are you using the latest version of the code? If so, could you point me to a couple of chars with the issue? Not that compatibility with *every* Mugen tag code can be reasonably achieved.

Yeah I didn't use the newest update of the code. It solved the problem with characters that where not tagging in and out right. Now to find a huge slot screenpack for the newest Ikemen GO version.
#59  December 13, 2023, 03:40:25 am
    • USA
I have a question about ikemen, but not the tag system. I was trying to play my characters, but some of my characters have a bar on the bottom that I cannot see. My screen resolution is 1270x720 and when I switch it to 1600x900 and 1920x1080, it is going to slow down my game.

Is there any way to maximize the screen instead using screen resolution?
#60  January 07, 2024, 08:44:51 pm
    • Chile
I really love this Tag system, I do, but for some reason when using it my Ikemen's FPS gets locked at 30 fps ingame and on the chars select screen, I have no idea if this is Ikemen or the tag system doing that, any fix for this? Cause it's awkward seeing battles at 30 FPS when I'm used to 60.

EDIT: Nevermind, maybe Ikemen had issues with VSync, which I disabled it and fixed it
Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 08:59:57 pm by KuriMiku
#61  January 27, 2024, 10:06:35 pm
  • Small characters can kick big ass.
    • USA
I just downloaded and messed around with IKEMEN Go for the first time today, and after seeing how much more it offers in comparison to Mugen, I might have to make the change. I also went and tested this new tag system out, and I don't think I could ever go back! ;D Thanks POTS!
#62  January 28, 2024, 04:39:46 pm
    • Portugal
I'm glad you're having fun. I think it brings some new life into the way old characters can be played.
#63  February 14, 2024, 09:55:43 am
    • Argentina
I really love this Tag system, I do, but for some reason when using it my Ikemen's FPS gets locked at 30 fps ingame and on the chars select screen, I have no idea if this is Ikemen or the tag system doing that, any fix for this? Cause it's awkward seeing battles at 30 FPS when I'm used to 60.

EDIT: Nevermind, maybe Ikemen had issues with VSync, which I disabled it and fixed it

No bro, the drop of the fps is not the tag, it's the Ikemen Go 0.99 (or nigthly). The 0.98.2 work good
#64  February 14, 2024, 09:58:06 am
    • Argentina
Is there a way to hide the word tag 0% when it is in the intro? And that it is only visible during the fight, not during the intro.
#65  February 14, 2024, 05:55:47 pm
    • Portugal
You'll have to edit the RoundState trigger close to the Text state controllers in the code. Look for "Display Tag Gauge".

I think for the next update I'll make it hide automatically when the lifebars are hidden.
Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 06:56:30 pm by PotS
#66  February 14, 2024, 08:36:15 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I have to ask, but I feel like this might be more character based rather than the tag code but I figured I'd check, but is there a way from disabling tag during certain supers, for example, I have a bunch of OHMSBY styled characters, and it doesn't prevent interruptions during the instant kill style moves, but with something like Violin Ken's SFV characters during their more cinematic supers it prevents interaction so you can't see the other character during that moment, and they can't interfere with the super animations
#67  February 14, 2024, 09:59:30 pm
    • Portugal
Sounds character-related. Could be that Violin Ken's are properly flagged as super attacks (which disable counter tags) while Ohmsby's are not. Regardless Ohmsby style chars are bound to break somewhere during tag since they tend to shrug off simul mode.
#68  February 15, 2024, 10:05:45 am
  • https://www.twitch.tv/os_farram/
    • Morocco
    • mazgames.free.fr/
Playing with your active-tag is really very fun, thank for your good work man, God bless you!
#69  February 23, 2024, 02:10:47 am
    • Argentina
I have a question: It is possible to customize how much red life is taken for each hit? Like a percentage or something? Everytime I'm doing a combo or something, the red life seems much higher than the life that cannot be recovered, making the fights really long. I'd be good to make the characters recover something like 20-30% of damage taken at most.

Also, it is possible to have the Counter gauge tag to be filled faster than normally? Like 2x faster than currently is.
Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 03:17:32 am by Asasd
#70  February 23, 2024, 02:25:53 pm
    • Portugal
Playing with your active-tag is really very fun, thank for your good work man, God bless you!
My pleasure. :thumbsup:

I have a question: It is possible to customize how much red life is taken for each hit? Like a percentage or something?
It uses a common Ikemen setting. In the data folder, common.const file you'll find some values that can customize how red life works. Specifically this one:

Code:
Default.LifeToRedLifeMul = 0.75

The value of 0.75 means that 75% of permanent damage becomes red life damage, meaning the remaining 25% can be recovered.

Also, it is possible to have the Counter gauge tag to be filled faster than normally? Like 2x faster than currently is.
You'd have to edit the code. But now that you've given me the idea I may add a multiplier value to the config options.

#71  March 22, 2024, 10:31:10 pm
*Would it be possible to add options similar to Ikemen's to add bar sprites, as well as indicators to replace the percentages?
The objective would be like the DBZ Fighters sprite indicators and also the "OK" one that appears

*Also if it were possible that in the configuration you could add "cooldown" between normal changes

*such as the options for how frequently the "CounterTag" charge

Thanks for this great addition to Ikemen

#72  March 23, 2024, 11:12:10 am
    • Portugal
I updated the code today. Nothing major but if you use it regularly you may want to keep it updated.

*Would it be possible to add options similar to Ikemen's to add bar sprites, as well as indicators to replace the percentages?
The objective would be like the DBZ Fighters sprite indicators and also the "OK" one that appears
This would make installation more complicated than I want it to be, and the tag bar would not look good with every lifebar anyway.

*Also if it were possible that in the configuration you could add "cooldown" between normal changes
You can increase "TagSwitchCooldown" in the common.const file. The code doesn't need it but I made it compatible with that just in case.

*such as the options for how frequently the "CounterTag" charge
Implemented in today's update.

Thanks for this great addition to Ikemen

#73  March 24, 2024, 01:34:26 am

This would make installation more complicated than I want it to be, and the tag bar would not look good with every lifebar anyway.

ah sorry, maybe I didn't understand, I meant that it is possible to indicate to the script as an additional option (disabled if not configured) that it could be indicated configuration for bars targeting a file, and an n#sprite (similar to how Ikemen config their lifebars) and so the user can choose or/and customize the bars to taste, and another sprite for when it reaches 100% normal change..

This is also with the "counterTag" and it is up to you whether to put bars.
or just a sprite of "Ready" or "ok"

Right now writing this an idea occurred to me, how the countertag is not that frequent, (since it is charged with enemy damage)

when the activation is made, by the opponent, even a mini-pause and an increase in invulnerability so that it is effectively a countertag, even flash and sound, I imagine  ;D  ;D ... I don't know if you like this idea

As you say, the goal is always to be as practical as possible so any overly complicated addition would break this rule, so they are just ideas thrown into the air.

Greetings!  :)  :goi:

#74  March 24, 2024, 06:09:58 pm
    • Brazil
so i found a bug where if a character dies and only one is alive, they don't switch out, softlocking the match
me when
#75  March 24, 2024, 06:11:59 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
#76  March 24, 2024, 06:44:28 pm
    • Portugal
ah sorry, maybe I didn't understand, I meant that it is possible to indicate to the script as an additional option (disabled if not configured) that it could be indicated configuration for bars targeting a file, and an n#sprite (similar to how Ikemen config their lifebars) and so the user can choose or/and customize the bars to taste, and another sprite for when it reaches 100% normal change..

Right now writing this an idea occurred to me, how the countertag is not that frequent, (since it is charged with enemy damage)

when the activation is made, by the opponent, even a mini-pause and an increase in invulnerability so that it is effectively a countertag, even flash and sound, I imagine  ;D  ;D ... I don't know if you like this idea

As you say, the goal is always to be as practical as possible so any overly complicated addition would break this rule, so they are just ideas thrown into the air.

I may revisit the idea of adding pauses and making it flashier down the line. I wanted something "neutral" that'd work with the setup of any player.

so i found a bug where if a character dies and only one is alive, they don't switch out, softlocking the match
This sometimes happens to me also.
What's the version date in your readme file? And does it happen with any character or specific ones?

I noticed that behavior with Krang by Dcat. What was happening is that the char repeatedly sends itself to the KO state every frame and thus bypasses the tag code when KO. I have an idea on how to fix that one at least.
#77  March 24, 2024, 06:53:40 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com

I may revisit the idea of adding pauses and making it flashier down the line. I wanted something "neutral" that'd work with the setup of any player.

What's the version date in your readme file? And does it happen with any character or specific ones?

I noticed that behavior with Krang by Dcat. What was happening is that the char repeatedly sends itself to the KO state every frame and thus bypasses the tag code when KO. I have an idea on how to fix that one at least.

It was mainly OHMSBY style characters and I just downloaded the latest update of your tag code but didn't test it out yet.
#78  March 27, 2024, 03:41:27 am
    • Canada
    • nanasarpong30655@gmail.com

It was mainly OHMSBY style characters and I just downloaded the latest update of your tag code but didn't test it out yet.

Ditto
#79  April 02, 2024, 10:26:29 pm
    • Argentina

Just to put my little contribution here: It happens the same to me. Rounds can't end because the last character standing doesn't come to fight. This happens ONLY after the last updates, so I assume you changed something in the code, perhaps?

I can't tell you exactly which characters causes this because I was fighting in a 4v4 match with friends and even when we switched some, it was still happening. And it is not always, it happens randomly or casually. It may be due to the amount of times switching characters mid-fight? Not sure.
#80  April 03, 2024, 09:37:29 am
    • Portugal
This happens ONLY after the last updates
I believe you and it seems like a big issue, so for the time being I just rolled back the changes.

Please redownload. Sorry about that. I'll upload the latest code after I sort out that issue.

I can't tell you exactly which characters causes this
Do you have a roster of chars all in the same style or a random assortment of them?

Also are you guys using Ikemen 0.99 or latest "nightly" builds?

I'm still supporting 0.99 with this system but I may move to nightly since some things need to be adjusted in preparation for the Ikemen 1.0 release. The 0.99 version of the file will be archived and still available like the 0.98.2 version.
Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 01:12:24 pm by PotS
#81  April 03, 2024, 01:50:25 pm
    • Canada
    • nanasarpong30655@gmail.com
I believe you and it seems like a big issue, so for the time being I just rolled back the changes.

Please redownload. Sorry about that. I'll upload the latest code after I sort out that issue.

Do you have a roster of chars all in the same style or a random assortment of them?

I'm still supporting 0.99 with this system but I may move to nightly since some things need to be adjusted in preparation for the Ikemen 1.0 release. The 0.99 version of the file will be archived and still available like the 0.98.2 version.
Well for me it's the characters with OHMSBY-gameplay at least for now. I did not check other characters yet. and I am using nightly builds
Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 05:50:48 pm by bass30655
#82  April 03, 2024, 10:59:24 pm
    • Argentina

Hey there! Thanks for taking your time to fix the issues, really appreciated!

I'm using characters from authors around all the internet so it's kinda random.

Also, I'm using this Ikemen version. I didn't know there was a newer one honestly: Ikemen_GO-v0.99.0-rc.2-windows

(Is there a way to avoid all the captchas before posting in mugenguild? Kinda annoying lol!)
#83  April 06, 2024, 04:47:32 pm
    • Portugal
I think I've figured out the issue but I want to run more matches to be sure.

Also, I'm using this Ikemen version. I didn't know there was a newer one honestly: Ikemen_GO-v0.99.0-rc.2-windows
You shouldn't be using that one. That's a beta version for 0.99, so just use 0.99.

(Is there a way to avoid all the captchas before posting in mugenguild? Kinda annoying lol!)
You probably don't have enough posts to get past the bot filter or something like that.
#84  April 07, 2024, 03:06:44 am
    • Argentina
I think I've figured out the issue but I want to run more matches to be sure.

You shouldn't be using that one. That's a beta version for 0.99, so just use 0.99.

You probably don't have enough posts to get past the bot filter or something like that.

Very nice! Just to let you know; I downgraded from your latest upload and it doesn't happen anymore so is definitely something in the new code.

I'll wait patiently for your fix! Also I'm migrating to 0.99, thanks for telling. The nightly builds seems to be the latest versions but kinda unstable, correct? You've plans to migrate everything into the future version? I don't know how big the changes would be between versions anyway.
#85  April 18, 2024, 03:26:28 pm
Is there a way for me to patch individual characters to work with your active tag system? When I installed your patch, it increased the tag compatibility of my roster a lot; I thought my roster was 100 percent good until recently, but I did find one character that I can’t seem to fix.

There’s a Street Fighter The Movie Guile by Jessica Smoke that now flickers in the background while pacing back and forth when I try to tag him out. This is the only character I found on my roster that’s buggy with your tag patch now. I’d like to fix him myself if I can.

I’m still on Ikemen 98.2, so I haven’t been able to download your update patches. I tried to switch to 99 but a lot of stage edits were broken when I moved over. Also a few characters integrated power bars appeared wonky in the new version, so I’m staying put for the time being.

Thanks for your help. If there’s no way to fix him, no worries! 99 percent compatibility is still really good! And your system is still my favorite.
#86  April 20, 2024, 06:00:53 pm
    • Portugal
Updated the file again.

I couldn't find any issues so far but let me know if you do.

I'll wait patiently for your fix! Also I'm migrating to 0.99, thanks for telling. The nightly builds seems to be the latest versions but kinda unstable, correct? You've plans to migrate everything into the future version? I don't know how big the changes would be between versions anyway.
The nightly is less stable but it's also more recent. So it may have a new bug once in a while, but overall it has less bugs.

I will always keep my works up-to-date with the latest Ikemen (until I retire again anyway).

I’m still on Ikemen 98.2, so I haven’t been able to download your update patches. I tried to switch to 99 but a lot of stage edits were broken when I moved over. Also a few characters integrated power bars appeared wonky in the new version, so I’m staying put for the time being.
The 0.98.2 file is not as up-to-date so it's missing some compatibility improvements. Maybe that char already works in the 0.99 version of the code.
#87  April 22, 2024, 07:55:24 pm
    • Argentina
Updated the file again.

I couldn't find any issues so far but let me know if you do.

The nightly is less stable but it's also more recent. So it may have a new bug once in a while, but overall it has less bugs.

I will always keep my works up-to-date with the latest Ikemen (until I retire again anyway).

The 0.98.2 file is not as up-to-date so it's missing some compatibility improvements. Maybe that char already works in the 0.99 version of the code.

Hello there. Thanks for the update! I'm having a lot of fun with your TAG system.

Adding by what BeastwithFriends said, I've encountered a similar problem.

Snowman by The Snowman Team is a character that I can't use in your tag. He's constantly hoping back and forward in your character's current position. I know this is OBVIOUSLY the character problem, but I wonder why that happens. I still didn't check his code on the hop states though, so maybe is a very easy problem to fix. I've a similar problem with a character that hops but after a couple of seconds he goes away.

Now, I know you made this to not being customizable and basically installing it and play with a lot of universal compatibility, which works perfectly for that.

But I had some ideas since after so much playing with it, may be lacking an option for me but I could be wrong (I know you based it on MVC:I style): Assists.

This would require to remake how your tag system works and honestly I'd like to make it myself but I have no clue how this works, but basically my idea is the following:

Button TAG 1 neutral/forward/holdforward: Switching to Character 2
Button TAG 1 back/holdback: Switching to Character 3

Button TAG 2 neutral/forward/holdforward: Calling Assist from Character 2
Button TAG 2 back/holdback: Calling Assist from Character 3

It would make the system a bit more complete by adding assists, and retaining the same effects as switching to one character or another but in only one button with a basic and intuitive input.

Of course this would require to set the Statedef for your dessired asist, and it requires touching each character's code which loses the purpose of your easy install, but I think this would enrich the system by a huge margin. Maybe adding it as a separate version / something optional?

You already implemented the possibility to switch in a character while doing an active move, but after playing a lot I think the best of the best would be to retain this asking for a little of power to not overabuse it (mostly on supers that fires projectiles that lasts extensively long), and adding ONLY ONE assist per character to compensate, so the player needs to think if they want to use the tag options offensively; it would cause some risks as the assists can take damage and the tag-in while casting a move asks for power. Normal switching and Counter Switching would stay the same as I think it is literally perfect.

I know there's another tag system from Orochi Kyo which is customizable but that one is just too complex and requires A LOT of customization; my idea is way more simple: Moving the switching options to only one button and adding only 1 assist per character to the button that is now free.

What do you think? It is possible? I'd really like to work on something like this but honestly I have zero idea about tag coding. I just make some basic edit on chars...
#88  April 23, 2024, 04:27:31 pm
    • Portugal
Snowman by The Snowman Team is a character that I can't use in your tag. He's constantly hoping back and forward in your character's current position. I know this is OBVIOUSLY the character problem, but I wonder why that happens. I still didn't check his code on the hop states though, so maybe is a very easy problem to fix. I've a similar problem with a character that hops but after a couple of seconds he goes away.
I'll try this char in a bit. I doubt the tag can be made more compatible, but maybe I'll learn something.

What do you think? It is possible? I'd really like to work on something like this but honestly I have zero idea about tag coding. I just make some basic edit on chars...
It's possible but I'm not currently planning to do it. The plug and play aspect was one of the things I was interested in when I chose a MvC:I-ish tag. Doing assists has all the drawbacks you mentioned.

I don't mean to discourage you but doing a tag code requires some experience with ZSS/CNS (preferably ZSS) and the inner workings of chars so it's not something you should try from the start. It'd probably be easier and more reasonable to adapt an existing system like OrochiKyoCR's to your liking.

You already implemented the possibility to switch in a character while doing an active move, but after playing a lot I think the best of the best would be to retain this asking for a little of power to not overabuse it (mostly on supers that fires projectiles that lasts extensively long), and adding ONLY ONE assist per character to compensate, so the player needs to think if they want to use the tag options offensively; it would cause some risks as the assists can take damage and the tag-in while casting a move asks for power. Normal switching and Counter Switching would stay the same as I think it is literally perfect.
I thought about having it locked behind meter at first, but being able to do it at any time is part of what makes it fun. Besides, a power requirement of say 1000 can be a completely different cost from one char to another. Would need its own meter like how counter tagging currently works.

Regardless, I'm glad you're having fun with it.
#89  April 25, 2024, 03:36:57 pm
    • USA
Hey P.O.T.S how's it going man active tag is a game changer and so much fun but for some reason when using it on Infinite Legacy X it has a slight lag stutter and I can't figure out what is causing it. My laptop is pretty powerful and this only happens when I play a tag team. I tested  all programs closed and still experienced the issue any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated
#90  April 25, 2024, 07:01:22 pm
    • Portugal
Which version of the tag are you using? I optimized it a bit recently. Still it's odd that tag would cause a slowdown. Even my old Thinkpad had no such issues. Maybe some particular char that spazzes out in tag?
#91  April 26, 2024, 04:55:08 am
    • USA
Which version of the tag are you using? I optimized it  bit recently. Still it's odd that tag would cause a slowdown. Even my old Thinkpad had no such issues. Maybe some particular char that spazzes out in tag?
I'm using the latest version I believe the one that is on the first page.

],
  "FirstRun": false,
  "FontShaderVer": 120,
  "ForceStageZoomin": 1.5,
  "ForceStageZoomout": 0.8,
  "Framerate": 75,
  "Fullscreen": true,
  "FullscreenRefreshRate": 75,
  "FullscreenWidth": 1920,
  "FullscreenHeight": 1080,
  "GameWidth": 1920,
  "GameHeight": 1080,