YesNoOk

CvS-styled Silvy Garnet Spriteset released (Read 666 times)

Started by Pin, October 05, 2024, 04:53:20 am
Share this topic:

Pin

CvS-styled Silvy Garnet Spriteset released
#1  October 05, 2024, 04:53:20 am
  • wha? p-p-purple stars? how!?
Hello, not really sure if this is the right place to post it here.
   i'll be finally releasing a rework spriteset of hanma's character, Silvy Garnet. in an attempt for a CvS-style conversion.
DL link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qw_mVttfFaLmWfGgOtj87wDq8HsUTX6W/view?usp=drive_link

Yeah, really took a long while. but i've still kept beliving on able to finish it through this day.
I've also included some GIFs as a guide or reference for her animations. But here's some few samples to showcase so far:

I don't have much knowledge about programming a character yet. so i'll leave it here for those who are interested.
I'll continue becoming more of a contributor here in the future. Thank you.

Re: CvS-styled Silvy Garnet Spriteset released
#2  October 05, 2024, 05:13:22 am
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/utha9mw5dg7tn/My_Chars
Holy! That's looking really good.
Awesome release man!

But i think that you have to mark/set your resource file/folder as public, as Google Drive is saying that I have negated access to the file.

Pin

#3  October 05, 2024, 05:20:34 am
  • wha? p-p-purple stars? how!?
Sure i've updated it to public this time. Thanks
It's kind of pressure on able to release something like this yet.
#4  October 05, 2024, 06:36:11 am
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/utha9mw5dg7tn/My_Chars
I understand that feeling. :P
I've been learning about mugen for about 10 years, but just some months ago that I released my chars. And talk about a bunch of fixes I had to do because I was too eager to release something. XD

Again, congratulations for making and releasing this incredible work man.
#5  October 06, 2024, 06:58:55 am
    • USA
This is really really cool! Superb work, Pin! Congrats!

I like how comparing Hanma’s original rendition of Silvy to yours that I can see you stuck to keeping it as faithful to the original as you could but also evolving various actions such as certain attacks no longer just being fast motion blur/smearing effects and actually being clear punch and kick motions which help give the sprites that modern upgraded look while retaining the roots of how the original sprites were.

I can see some new sprites like the “burn” and “shock” ones which are neat details in fighting against opponents who have those kinds of elemental attacks, the set of “liedown” sprites is an interesting one and I’m guessing it’s used when getting KO’d by chip damage when guarding, the “inflate” ones are funny though I don’t know the context of why she has that, and the updated “timeover” sprites really give that “Ehh, whatever” feeling as Silvy does that shrugging gesture. The bonus “THANKYOU” sprite is pretty beautiful (hot legs!) and one of my surprise favorites! Another one of my favorites is the “intro6” ones with the updated pose and excited gleaming stars in the eyes look on Silvy’s face. I recall that intro being used when she is facing certain opponents such as Gundam mobile suits as she is a big Gundam fan.

One thing I noticed when comparing your sprites to the original ones is that there is no set of sprites for Silvy when she falls and gets downed/KO’d lying facedown on her stomach. Perhaps that is something you might include in a future update for her?

I’m also in the process of watching through the Operation Fatum videos again to learn more about her and wow, I see you even included the Bicrasher sprites as well. I believe looking off of Hanma’s blog a long time ago, the black Fatum drones seem to only appear in a special private boss version of Silvy (the name is "Master Silvy" or something like that) that Hanma only shared with certain people though I could be wrong.

I also see that the Midnight Bliss of Silvy that I commented before as the “Sexy Scientist” look is actually a direct reference to one of the characters that appears in Operation Fatum. In addition, I also see that the Midnight Bliss of her wearing the outfit of Eve Stein has her actually being her younger self with her red hair reverting to that brown color that is present in the original sprite. Nice touch!

Besides the various edits of Silvy I have seen on YouTube videos with ones like Silvy-M, Silvy-B, Silvy-S, EX Rumia, and derivatives of Silvy like Eve Stein, Kaori Yumiko, and Xue Luo Sheng, I haven’t really seen much of anyone else who has made an edit that still mostly kept everything as faithful to the original version of Silvy as possible while also being a complete revamp with additional new sprites.

The only one off the top of my head that is somewhat close is the Silvy edited by OpirusGH300 which seems to be a private edit. In the few videos that Silvy appears in that channel, the most distinctive difference I noticed is that if Silvy gets KO’d in the final round, she gets the ripped clothes treatment, which considering that Silvy is a edit of a KOF character, is a feature that various other KOF girls also have. That could be another idea to add to a future update of Silvy if you want (though I suppose that doesn’t seem to match a CvS style when it’s more of KOF thing).

Honestly, I don’t have any experience in programming these sprites to replace her original ones but I might give it a try in learning how to. Though, I’m sure there is someone out there who is experienced enough to accomplish it and hopefully share it with us all.

Once more, thanks again for your great time and effort in seeing this project through to the end despite it being started 6 years ago. You’re awesome! ^ ^