YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 1 (2023) (Read 346335 times)

Started by Macaulyn97, February 24, 2023, 12:22:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat (2023)
#41  May 11, 2023, 08:39:37 pm
    • Brazil
All these rumors and crap like that is just that: rumors.

I'm not trusting some random yahoo on Twitter for information here. I'm waiting for an actual trailer and actual game play.
Well, there was an actual teaser in the official Mortal Kombat channel.

That would be actually very interesting. Some sort of prequel to the original Mortal Kombat, but with the timeline changes like you mentioned. I think besides Mythologies Sub-Zero we didn't get any prequel MK game, so... I'd be invested. :P
Yeah, its interesting that those events were always mentioned in Mortal Kombat, but there was never a game focused on them. The closest to Mortal Kombat prequels we've had was that old show that got cancelled in which all protagonists died in the end, which could have been addressed if it wasn't cancelled, but well, it wasn't even canon anyway, since there are stand-in characters for some characters, like Qali, who starts as a friend of Kitana, but then betrays her, so she is a mix of Jade and Tanya, also, Quan Chi has his sexy lady servants, but they're not Sareena, Kia and Jataaka.

But it would be interesting to see the Great Kung Lao, ancestors of Bi Han, Kuai Liang and Hanzo as Sub-Zero and Scorpion, completely new ancestors of Sonya, Jax and Johnny. And there are characters that don't need replacement, like Raiden, Goro, Shao Kahn, the Edenians. That is assuming, of course, that they write the story properly...
Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 08:55:05 pm by Macaulyn97
#42  May 12, 2023, 12:52:24 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#43  May 12, 2023, 03:12:18 am
    • Brazil
He doesn't have to, the teaser was posted in the official Mortal Kombat channel.
#44  May 16, 2023, 12:04:48 am
I have a feeling this next project of NRS' is injustice 3
Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 02:45:38 pm by ComboAssassin20
#45  May 17, 2023, 06:26:27 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Indeed, all points to be, more than a reboot, a remake of the first game. In the official site, the only profiles are of the original 7 (Liu Kang, Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade and Kano). Also, there're other indications out there that more chars would be part, but all are speculations.

And some new rumors that appeared everywhere: the first 2 DLC chars would (or maybe will) be John Cena's Suicide Squad's Peacemaker and The Boys' Homelander. I don't know you, but I'm more exciting to see about the new game than the possible chars or DLCs...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#46  May 17, 2023, 04:10:56 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
If the rumored DLC theme this time are gritty superheroes, I can see Spawn returning.  They can always retweak his model and gameplay to fit into the newer layout.
John Cena's
I'l be very surprised if Cena himself said yes to using his likeness for mutilation.
#47  May 17, 2023, 07:32:10 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
It is time...
#48  May 18, 2023, 03:01:20 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
"It is time."
#49  May 18, 2023, 03:54:03 pm
-Fire God Liu Kang
-Kung Lao
-Scorpion
-Sub-Zero
-Kitana
-Mileena
-Shang Tsung (Day 1 DLC ugh)

Story is a full on reset in Fire God's vision.  The game indicates a "choose your path" narrative.  I like to think that whoever is with Liu Kang and Kung Lao is your avatar.

9/19 launch date, which is 4 MONTHS AWAY WHAT
Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 04:02:50 pm by Kirishima
#50  May 18, 2023, 04:03:43 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Ok, it looks promissing. So it really is a 'reboot', but with God Liu Kang + the events from MK11. Models are looking good too.
Re: Mortal Kombat 1 (2023)
#51  May 18, 2023, 04:30:02 pm
    • Brazil
There was a leak that said characters would have different alliances in this game. Kitana and Mileena are friendly here, so I wonder what else will change. Also, pre-order exclusive character in the first trailer? Fuck them.
#52  May 18, 2023, 04:46:23 pm
    • Dominica
looks amazing i cant wait to play with it obviousy it will be the best game to the date i hope they bring back klassic chars like mavado havik kobra kira jarek dramin but the only thing i dont get if there is the story of old kung lao why do we have scorpion sub zero all right they said before he would be his ancestor or whatever the same with mileena
#53  May 18, 2023, 05:02:10 pm
Johnny Cage and Raiden also confirmed from the website FAQ.  No word on Sonya or Kano.

There is a new function called "Kameo Fighters" that function as Assists (think MvC1 and KOF2000).

Spoiler: Interesting theory about Shang Tsung (click to see content)

Also, pre-order exclusive character in the first trailer? Fuck them.
For some asinine reason, MK11 Shao Kahn was not bundled up with Aftermath's full package that had Kombat Pack 1 and 2.  Even his unviability couldn't stop this trend.  What a damn shame.
#54  May 18, 2023, 05:28:16 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
I wonder how people are going to abbreviate the game title.  I'm for MK1R (Mortal Kombat 1 Reboot) personally.
#55  May 18, 2023, 05:35:45 pm
For me, it'll likely be MKO (MK-One just to differentiate from the OG)

https://www.mortalkombat.com/en-us/faq

Game has a several editions to purchase.  PS5/XBSX with Switch release for some reason.

The Mortal Kombat 1 Premium Edition will be available physically and digitally for $109.99 (SRP) on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store) and will include all Standard Edition content, along with the Kombat Pack, early access to the game beginning Sept. 14, and 1,250 Dragon Krystals (in-game currency). The Kombat Pack will feature a Johnny Cage character skin with the likeness of famed actor and martial artist, Jean-Claude Van Damme (available at launch), early access to six new playable characters (available post-launch), and five new Kameo Fighters (available post-launch).

The Mortal Kombat 1 Kollector’s Edition will be available physically at select retailers for $249.99 (SRP) on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S only and will include all Premium Edition content, and early access, along with a 16.5-inch Liu Kang sculpture designed by COARSE and an inspired Liu Kang in-game character skin, three exclusive art prints, a steel case, and 1,450 additional Dragon Krystals (2,700 total).
Time Dragon Crystals for in-game store for items like premium skins.  Also purchasable from your respective stores.  Get hyped for endless grinding.

Premium Edition has a Kombat Pack with a custom skin based on William F. Guile from SF: The Movie for Johnny Cage, who will also be available at launch.  Debatable whether or not he has a custom intro with Shang Tsung where he will kick his ass so hard, the next Shang Tsung wannabe is gonna feel it.

More characters will be revealed post-launch and you will be able to preorder as well.

The interesting thing to note is that the Kameo roster will ALSO have purchasable DLC....why?
#56  May 18, 2023, 05:54:25 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Because it's a WB game, which means they have to make money...
#57  May 18, 2023, 06:36:18 pm
Hate to say it but I might wait til the following year to cop. Tired of buying games then have to buy all the numerous DLC packs just for it all to be bundled together for cheaper months later.

Capcom is notorious for that. There’s gonna be about 3 different versions of SF6 lol
#58  May 18, 2023, 08:13:09 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Did I miss it or is there no PS4/XONE version but there is a Switch version?

Hate to say it but I might wait til the following year to cop. Tired of buying games then have to buy all the numerous DLC packs just for it all to be bundled together for cheaper months later.

Capcom is notorious for that. There’s gonna be about 3 different versions of SF6 lol

That's pretty much every fighting game. DLC gets released over time and then at the end they bundle it up on discount.
Thing is, Fighting games are at their best within their release windows. It gets harder to get into one over time.
#59  May 18, 2023, 09:20:53 pm
Your eyes aren't deceiving you.  An actual factual Switch edition is en route yet no PS4/XBO version.

Because it's a WB game, which means they have to make money...
What I don't understand is why price something whose primary function is to appear for no more than 3 seconds?  Does this mean the Kameo roster at the base game are all bad?

Do I gotta pay like $15 for a pack just to get Sektor tracking missiles?  That's another thing, is this for the whole thing or can I select the one that gives me auto-regen health buffs?

Only way I can justify this is if each Kameo also gives additional passive boosts based on relations such as Baraka giving Milenna free Meter Burns every couple of seconds at the cost of health, or Quan-Chi turning a selective character into a Revenant that completely alters their movelist.

Yea it becomes P2W when you think about it but that didn't stop Street Fighter X Tekken's Gem madness.
#60  May 18, 2023, 09:23:50 pm
    • Brazil
I have a theory about the plot of this game. I think Shang Tsung won't participate in the story, I think he is part of the backstory. I think both endings of Aftermath happened, then Shang Tsung attempted to invade Liu Kang's timeline, killing the other characters and then being killed by Liu Kang. And now Liu Kang will have to lead the heroes to take over Shang Tsung's timeline and fixing it, so that there is only one again.