YesNoOk

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - Cross Generation of Heroes (Read 137861 times)

Started by 03268851, May 21, 2008, 01:35:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Tatsunoko vs Capcom - Cross Generation of Heroes
#801  June 03, 2009, 02:57:47 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I'd like to see Cosmi from the game Under the Skin.
#802  June 03, 2009, 03:25:49 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
She's cool, but what a lot of people fail to see is that Morrigan is in because she is the god damn heroine of her series, obscenely popular and sexy as hell to boot. Second and Third rate characters from a series like Darkstalkers will usually be overlooked until this slot is filled. If you're lucky, maybe she'll show up at some point.
I fail to see how not being an over-used protagonist makes a character third-rate.  I'm entitled to my own opinion, and in my opinion I think that when you compare her to the likes of a rock star zombie, a jiangshi with an unlimited arsenal of hidden weapons, or a werewolf that fights with nunchucks, a succubus who only ever does exactly what a traditional succubus is said to do isn't interesting in the slightest.

They weren't on that list because the staff clearly don't give a shit about them. I will give Speed Racer a pass because he has been a legitimate international pop culture icon for a billion years, but I really don't get the whole Samurai Pizza Cats thing. Is this one of those typical internet 'I saw that once or twice as a child and my childhood is the most important thing that ever happened in the history of the planet' things? Either that or its the same reason people suck on J. Talbain's (who's also high on everyone's TvC wishlists) cock all day long... because evidently everyone is a furry.
First of all, I hardly think you're qualified to speak for the entire TvC team to say that they "clearly don't give a shit about them."  Second, you don't have to be a furry to like something with a cat in it.  The reason I said Speed Racer and SPC are likely to make it in is because those are the most widely known Tatsunoko-owned properties outside of Japan.  It makes sense that, given that Tatsunoko isn't that well known in the states, that they would add recognizable characters to get people interested.

C. Viper is cool. She should be in and they should slap her right on the box cover so people can think 'Street Fighter IV' when they see this game.
Yes, because the only way people will buy this game is if they think that they're buying a second copy of Street Fighter IV.  Good thinking.  >_>

You know, a game that actually sold more than ten copies (Okami, Zack and Wiki) and has characters people actually care about compared to a game that is only appreciated by those same ten people and their online friends on the internet. (Phoenix Wright) It's pretty cool how you used series people actually care and pay good money for (Resident Evil, Devil May Cry) as an afterthought to the ones you mentioned before!
Just because you don't play a game doesn't mean that no one else does.  You do not represent the population at large.  All three of those games I mentioned are actually very popular, well reviewed, and huge sellers.  Not to mention the fact that the final boss from Okami is already in TvC.

Each capcom character is just 1 character from each game, right? If they continue that I can't see how they would add Ken or Akuma. Unless they say they are representing SF4.
Actually, they already have Ryu, Chun Li, and Alex from Street fighter.  I'm not sure if having Megaman and Roll counts, since Mega is from Legends while Roll is from the main series.
Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 03:29:45 pm by Person Man
#803  June 03, 2009, 03:37:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I guess you could count ryu as being street fighter, chun as being street fighter 2 and alex as street fighter 3.

I still want Gene from Godhand.
#804  June 03, 2009, 03:40:09 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yup, when they show the characters in the trailers it says Ryu from SF, Chunner from SF2, and Alex from SF3
#805  June 03, 2009, 03:43:37 pm
    • USA
What a cop-out. >_>
#806  June 03, 2009, 03:44:10 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
NEW CHALLENGER, EL FUERTE FROM SF4.
NEW CHALLENGER, DAN FROM SFALPHA.
#807  June 03, 2009, 03:49:48 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It would actually be smart for them to put Able or Viper (whichever is the lead for SF4) in the game to capitalize on the SF4 craze in the states atm.

EDIT: Not that I would want them too, there are enough SF chars
#808  June 03, 2009, 03:51:58 pm
What they need to do, is take Capcom characters from the 80's like

SonSon from SonSon......Trojan from Trojan......Billy Bob from Gun.Smoke......and that guy from Black Tiger
#809  June 03, 2009, 07:32:13 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Nobody from the 80s is still alive...
#810  June 03, 2009, 07:40:10 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#811  June 03, 2009, 08:02:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
no, because then it would becoem tatsunoko vs ken.

MDI

#812  June 03, 2009, 09:20:30 pm
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php

*Does Gene laugh*

"HA..HAAAAAAA!"

That would be pretty damn awesome though. Shit..if they have something like a final boss from Okami, I seriously don't see why we can't get Gene! I mean I highly doubt it'll happen, but it would seriously be awesome. Who else is going to spank and pimp slap Chun-Li, Morrigan, etc?  ;D
ey
#813  June 03, 2009, 09:48:12 pm
I fail to see how not being an over-used protagonist makes a character third-rate.  I'm entitled to my own opinion, and in my opinion I think that when you compare her to the likes of a rock star zombie, a jiangshi with an unlimited arsenal of hidden weapons, or a werewolf that fights with nunchucks, a succubus who only ever does exactly what a traditional succubus is said to do isn't interesting in the slightest.
Then you should think about it harder. As cool as you may think L. Raptor, Hsien-Ko and J. Talbain may be, they will usually never get one over on Morrigan's place and popularity. There is a reason why she's so overused, why she's in so many games, and most importantly why she's on so many pieces of official merchandise: The bitch sells and makes money.

First of all, I hardly think you're qualified to speak for the entire TvC team to say that they "clearly don't give a shit about them."  Second, you don't have to be a furry to like something with a cat in it.  The reason I said Speed Racer and SPC are likely to make it in is because those are the most widely known Tatsunoko-owned properties outside of Japan.  It makes sense that, given that Tatsunoko isn't that well known in the states, that they would add recognizable characters to get people interested.
Even though I certainly am not a member of the TvC team, I certainly did see the list of unused characters that they put out there and that Speed Racer nor Samurai Pizza Cats were anywhere near that list. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that these characters were clearly on nobody's radar. Speed Racer, I already gave him a free pass so whatever, but Samurai Pizza Cats? Please.

Oh, and as far as most widely known Tatsunoko-owned properties outside of Japan... Gatchaman/G-Force/Eagle Riders/Battle of the Planets/BoomBoomCacaDooDoo would all love to hi to you, but they're already in the game. Yay for them. Quite frankly, everyone should just put the wishlists away and say hello to Joe the Condor (Gatchaman), Yatterman-2 and if you're lucky... maybe someone like Speed Racer or The SoulTaker.

You know what? While I'm here, let me just put it out there that Samurai Pizza Cats is co-owned by Tatsunoko and one of Namco Bandai's billion subsidaries and is/was licensed here through Saban who is now owned by our lord almighty, Disney. It's just not going to happen. For the same reason J. J. from Zillion (who actually IS on that list) isn't going to happen. Zillion is co-owned with Sega.

]Just because you don't play a game doesn't mean that no one else does.  You do not represent the population at large.  All three of those games I mentioned are actually very popular, well reviewed, and huge sellers.  Not to mention the fact that the final boss from Okami is already in TvC.
Yeah, the gigantic shape-shifting blob of pure evil and not everyone's precious quadruped protagonist, Ammy-chan. Way to go Okami!

Very popular amongst whom? The handful of people who actually bought them? Sure, they might be well reviewed here and there, but a pleasant review doesn't equal sales.

Let's check out some of these blockbuster sales! Zack & Wiki only sold 25,266 in the US. A tragic bomb. In fact, here's an article featuring Capcom US employee and internet celebrity Christian Svensson complaining about Zack & Wiki and Okami's shitty Wii sales. http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=10513 Okami for Wii sold 35,252 units, a "moderate success" according to Svensson.

Now let's take a look at Phoenix Wright's sales! The first game moved 5,315 in the US, the second then shot up to 18,129, this burst in sales was most likely from internet and magazine propaganda because sales for the third installment in the series shot right back to a deserved 7,848. If there is a 'fighting lawyer' slot to fill up, then that should be awarded to Apollo Justice, whose game somehow managed to move 33, 318 in the US.

But even then that move would be silly when you see what sales Capcom actually crows about. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition moved 70,172 in the US and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles moved 76,535. Umbrella Chronicles is getting a sequel. Where's Zack & Wiki 2 and Okami 2? Probably in the same place where Godhand 2 is at.

Anyway, since we already put away the Tatsunoko wishlists, let's all do the same for Capcom. SF4, RE4 or RE5, and maybe DMC representation to attract more than just the handful of losers who want characters from the games no one bought. If there is any Capcom representation from games that aren't current financial hits, then let it be someone with a more respectable legacy like Arthur.
Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:56:12 pm by Lord Shift
#814  June 03, 2009, 10:23:03 pm
    • USA
You know, Lord Shift, I could point-counterpoint with you like this all day, but frankly I don't give a damn anymore.  All I did was mention a few characters I thought would be cool to see in the game, and for whatever asinine reason you jumped down my damn throat about it.  You're a jackass, and I'm done with you.  If someone having an opinion that isn't yours truly bothers you that much, then might I suggest you stay away from the internet.  It might give you an heart attack.

DGJ

#815  June 03, 2009, 11:14:07 pm
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen

#816  June 03, 2009, 11:29:39 pm

*Does Gene laugh*

"HA..HAAAAAAA!"

That would be pretty damn awesome though. Shit..if they have something like a final boss from Okami, I seriously don't see why we can't get Gene! I mean I highly doubt it'll happen, but it would seriously be awesome. Who else is going to spank and pimp slap Chun-Li, Morrigan, etc?  ;D

I agree. If Gene enters the game i'll be the first time in 10 years i'll be buying a console just to play a game.
Also note that titiln's list was for the japanese release.
#817  June 04, 2009, 12:51:26 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Gene would be the best.
The next game needs a monster Hunter or Breath of Fire character as well. Just because... and yeah, if We have someone representing SF1, SF2 and SF3, we need Samanosuke for Onimusha 1, Jubei for Onimusha 2, Jacques for Onimusha 3 and Soki for Shin Onimusha.

Now let's take a look at Phoenix Wright's sales! The first game moved 5,315 in the US, the second then shot up to 18,129, this burst in sales was most likely from internet and magazine propaganda because sales for the third installment in the series shot right back to a deserved 7,848. If there is a 'fighting lawyer' slot to fill up, then that should be awarded to Apollo Justice, whose game somehow managed to move 33, 318 in the US.
And?
We have a character from Lost Planet, the franchise has sold 2.7 millions on units with 7 individual releases (It doesn't enter in Capcom's Top 10 franchises list) in comparison to the Ace Attorney Series which sold 3.2 millions on units with 12 individual releases (It's in the 10th place of Capcom's Top 10 franchise list)
Then we have Batsu, from a franchise that hasn't seen a new game for what? Almost ten years?

If you just dislike the frachise that's fine.
#818  June 04, 2009, 01:21:50 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
I'll play Dragon Quarter one of these days.
#819  June 04, 2009, 01:50:08 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I was thinking more along the lines of Ryu (Any is fine, Insane 1 & 2 Ryu is prefered over 4 and 3 Ryu) Deis/Bleu, Rei or Garr, Scias and Ursula from 4 aren't that bad either, but sure Fou works as well.
#820  June 04, 2009, 05:26:19 am
  • MFG's resident Cookie Monster
I like to see Felicia and maybe Speed Racer.

I ate Ed Boon's peabody.