YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2868543 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: YO SOY GROOT
#1181  August 13, 2014, 09:39:20 pm
Or make a few different movies that are taking place at the same time as each other. Stuff happening on Earth and in space.
I'd see that work. Thanos is doing stuff on Earth and in space, and the Avengers take care of what happens on Earth while the Guardians are out in space, and both maybe catch a glimpse of the others, without necessarily understanding what's going on, but both events being relevant to the same issue as a whole. It couldn't be the big final though, since one of the movies would have to come out after the other. IMO there's still going to be only one side of the universe that gets to deal the finishing blow to Thanos, so what the other team gets can't be the second knives of the big final. I'd give the final honor to the Guardians myself (or Nova or whatever), although an intervention from the likes of Odin can work (that is, if he's still available and not replaced by Loki of course).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1182  August 13, 2014, 10:16:51 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet is probably only going to be one movie, and that's Avengers 3. The realities of movie development and release dates means that it pretty much has to be confined to a single movie. Avengers 3 will be sometime in 2018, after 10 years of the MCU; it's the grand finale of everything. It's almost certainly going to be the swan song for RDJ, and probably will be the same for the rest of the original Avengers. Whether they all get recast right away or put on a shelf for a bit is another story (and if that shelf lasts long enough before Warner Bros and Sony crash the super hero movie market is an entirely separate story as well), but I don't see most of them signing on for another 10 years. Marvel's already trying to push new franchises to take over their current stable, after all.

As for GotG and Avengers teaming up, I could see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ending with Thanos heading to Earth with said Gauntlet. Pretty much every hero would get in on the action, even the Guardians, although not in substantial roles, more cameos, I guess.

At least, that's how I picture it all!

#1183  August 13, 2014, 11:04:24 pm
    • USA
OK, well... this changes things
James Gunn said:
I will say that I do not feel beholden to having to use Thanos in Guardians 2. He will show up if he helps our story and he will not show up at all if he is not. Thanos is not the most important thing in Guardians 2, that’s for damn sure. There’s the Guardians themselves and other threats the Guardians are going to be facing that are not Thanos.
I don't even know now. Surely they wouldn't wait even longer to do the big Thanos story? They can't cocktease us that long! I want my Infinity Gauntlet movie before the superhero market falls out!!!
#1184  August 13, 2014, 11:09:57 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1185  August 13, 2014, 11:11:16 pm
    • USA
Well it wasn't in the url so it doesn't count! It would only count if GOH posted that stuff here! >:[
#1186  August 13, 2014, 11:16:58 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
That just drives home that Avengers 3 is where this needs to go down, and that it'd be a good idea to give a little backstory on Thanos at some point prior. Even if we ignore the superhero movie bubble possibly bursting, I just don't think it's feasible to keep stringing along an enemy set up in 2012. That'd be a long time to wait for any story arc in any medium to pay off.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1187  August 13, 2014, 11:23:38 pm
Speaking of the Thanos issue, so far we've seen, what, three or four gems and the Tesseract, and all of them were stored away. So what, we're going to see a massive break-in simultaneously as the introduction to Avengers 3 ? It seems a bit weird IMO.
#1188  August 13, 2014, 11:27:20 pm
    • USA
They definitely need to make him do something threatening on screen, because he hasn't actually done anything besides sit, smirk, and in his two appearances he's been betrayed, and either lost two gems, or worse, he had one already, but gave it away to get another, and ended up losing both, and just now lost another one (depends on whether Loki's staff was an Infinity gem/stone).

Marvel needs to step it up in his next appearance if they want him to be their final boss.
#1189  August 14, 2014, 12:38:33 am
Oh, I'm not so much worried about him looking like a fool losing the stones one after the other, if they show well enough that he doesn't give a shit because he's -- how old is he supposed to be ? Centuries or something like that, I assume ? So he wouldn't care if a stone gets stored away for a while, all that matters is that he finds out where they are, and he'll do something when the time comes. Well, I guess it would be fine to go with a "massive simultaneous break-in" if they emphasize that aspect, one day he just stands up and says "okay, I've decided it would be today, let's wrap it up before tea time, folks" and he blows up everything and takes them one by one, because he goddamn can. And have that triggered by something related to his pursue of Death.
I suppose it could be at the end of Guardians 2, if G2 shows the last stone, it ends up saved, but then Thanos shows up and says "this is mine now, kthxbye". Cue Avengers 3 lead-in.

After all, he's not some James Bond villain, going "don't disappoint me" and wanting things done in five seconds, then getting pissed that his plans failed. He almost seemed unphased when Ronan betrayed him (back when he teased him on the piece of rock, and then on the hologram, though that lasted like 10 seconds), just a bit annoyed at the betrayal itself more than how much of a setback it was. We saw his face for like 2 seconds before Ronan turned it off, but it felt to me like he was just going "here we go again".
Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:53:13 am by DKDC
#1190  August 14, 2014, 12:53:10 am
    • USA
It's not so worrying right now, but if the same pattern continues then it would be a problem, I think. He's only appeared twice, and only in a speaking role once, so they still have time to build him up.
#1191  August 14, 2014, 12:57:15 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
They need to do Thanos Quest.

A super hero movie all from the perspective of the villain.

The whole movie is him breaking through shit and retrieving the gems, as Adam Warlock ( im sorry surfer but your continuity is in another castle) is in a mad race to stop him.

The movie would start with Glenn close surrounded by Novas blasting away as thanos casually walks through them and through the vault to retrieve his Power gem.
#1192  August 14, 2014, 02:13:46 am
I thought Guardians 2 was coming out after A3? Or was it after A2? Either way, they have like 3-4 years to unveil Thanos' origin and have him take all the gems, and I don't think it would've happened in Guardians 2.

However, there IS a Dr. Strange movie coming out and I think that's their best bet, though that might end up toning down the amount of time they could spend on Strange himself along with whomever will be the villain of that movie (I'd assume Mephisto/Dormammu)

edit: this would be the perfect time for a Fantastic Four movie if Marvel had the rights smh
#1193  August 14, 2014, 02:15:39 am
    • USA
GotG comes out in 2017. Avengers 3 will likely be 2018.
#1194  August 14, 2014, 02:17:52 am
Yeah so they could squeeze that in there I guess. Strange isn't really the go-to place for events that happen in the cosmic marvel universe but they might have to do it in order to introduce all of the gems and disclose their locations.
#1195  August 14, 2014, 02:32:02 am
Despite the Guardians craze, I don't think there will be so much happening in space. I expect another cosmic series (I'm shooting for Nova) but that's all I see happening in space. Lets not forget that the Avengers are still a thing, and they, including Strange, will stay on Earth, Strange probably showing us alternate dimensions with Dormammu. For the gems, we've had a few on Earth with the Chitauri invasion, and then Thor in the other realms, I don't think Strange needs to show anything from space for us to see more.
#1196  August 14, 2014, 02:36:48 am
But not all of them have been shown and I don't think it would be in Marvel's best interests to have Thanos gather them all (along with the Gauntlet) off-screen. Then again a lot of the artifacts are in Asgard IIRC so it could be done in a Thor movie too

GOH

#1197  August 14, 2014, 06:31:10 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#1198  August 14, 2014, 06:46:15 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
WHAT?!
FUCK THAT! I WANT MODOK!
#1199  August 14, 2014, 06:54:38 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
There's only room for one giant head in Cap 3 and that's the head of Arnim Zola!
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1200  August 14, 2014, 06:59:01 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
step 1: AIM is trying to create a super soldier of the twenty first century

step 2: AIM main guy announces that they are not beasts that rely on force, that there are more important stuff in a super soldier

step 3: repeat the some experiences similar to the super serum from the first movie but applied to  aim leader,  instead of the body the vita rays and all the rest are applied to his head.

step 4 he steps out of the chamber with a larger craniun, his inteligence is massive etc

then as the movie progresses have cuts of him and everytime he has gotten a slighty larger head
his body starts shriveling as his head is becoming more and more massive

he finally has to sit on the modok throne, with a head support for his now monstruous head, tubes and circuitry are added to his body and head.

The super soldier of the twenty first century is all brains and no brawn. Modok, mental organism designed only for Killing.