YesNoOk

Small portrait color not looking right during fights... (Read 1231 times)

Started by kain7th, January 04, 2021, 05:23:00 AM
Share this topic:
Small portrait color not looking right during fights...
#1  January 04, 2021, 05:23:00 AM
So I’ve been having issues with small portraits on the select screen after changing the larger portraits. I managed to figure that out however now the small portraits during fights aren’t displaying the correct palette colors. I tried this method in this link https://mugenfreeforall.com/topic/20911-problems-with-small-portraits/ but it didn’t work.

Thanks for trying budy, i found a hard way to do it.
First copy any image of the char that you want as a small portrait. cut it to 25x25, change the group to 9000 the image to 0, delete the original small portrait.
Change the shared pallete to individual and done. works every time.

How can I make them look how I want them to look which is just the characters default color?
Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 07:10:27 AM by kain7th
Re: Small portrait color not looking right during fights...
#2  January 04, 2021, 05:39:24 AM
  • Evangelion 3.0+1.0: You can (not) release
Prolly because the portrait and the palette didn't match. You can use FF3 to apply the palette from your character to the portrait and try again.
Re: Small portrait color not looking right during fights...
#3  January 04, 2021, 07:10:13 AM
Ok i just figured it out. it's because i put the default palette in pal 2 in the def file. so i switched them back around and reapplied the palette so it appears right in char select and in fights.

so to anyone reading this if you switched your default color to a different pal number in the def file the small portrait will also change.