YesNoOk

Using ADX instead of MP3 for your BGMs (Read 76816 times)

Started by 外音リザ, January 22, 2006, 05:33:48 pm
Share this topic:

L

Re: IT'S READY!
#41  February 09, 2006, 08:05:30 pm
Well users,

Thanks for waiting.  The frontend is now complete.  It's now at version 1.0 and I do intend to update it with extra features, but for now, all it can do is convert a WAV to ADX file, with or without loop points.  I suggest that the first thing you do once you run the program, is to view the help by pressing the question mark on the top right-hand corner.  Here is the link:

ADX Frontend v1.0

As it says in the help file, if you find any bugs with the frontend (not adxencd.exe), just contact me at djdarkx_mod@yahoo.com and let me know what the problem is.  Laterz~

djDarkX

EDIT:
It's coming! Version 1.1 is coming real soon.  I need testers to make sure it works correctly as I have created a new GUI and want to make sure there aren't any  bugs so far.  Anyone wan to help me out?

Ah. An fellow TGFer. I can MMF your file!
You should have an Browse button. That way, people won't have to type thier path in. The Browser extension object.

Re: Using ADX instead of MP3 for your BGMs
#42  February 13, 2006, 01:35:27 am
  • ADX Encoder Frontend Developer
Im back!  Sorry it took me so long to get back.  I had computer problems that needed solving, so I kicked my old comp out and got me a better one.  Anyway:

Caddie: Very sorry you're having problems.  What's the make and model of your soundcard?  The problem most definately lays there.  I may be able to find a solution.

Midori Kasugano: Yeah, I know what you mean.  My ADX files are too low as well and the only way I have fond to make them louder is using Hard Limiting in CoolEdit Pro after converting it to 32Bit and back to 16Bit after the Hard Limiting.  Also, sorry about not being able to get you the v1.1 I created.  I still have it (survived a HDD format via DVD) and I'll see if I can get that over to you ASAP.

4x?: Thanks for the offer, but I wont be releasing the source code.  I actually have a copy of MMF laying around in my room somewhere, I just have to find it.

Also, to anyone that has been trying to access the v1.0 converter and hasn't been able to since late yesterday, I actually cancelled my account with my host provider since my mobile site wasn't doing very well.  No feedback, rarely any visitors...oh well.  I'm starting to take a real intreset in making orchestral fight themes, just as in Super Smash Bros Melee for MUGEN.  Of course, I will be mixing orchestral with rock, metal, techno, dnb, etc. to fit for all kinds of different music mixes, but it's just an idea right now as I just got Garritan Personal Orchestra and am using it in conjuction with Synful Orchrestra VSTi.  Anyways, enough of my ramblings.  Sorry folks about all the mess, so I'll be back real soon with the new version, and maybe v1.2 will have browsing capabilities just as 4x? suggested.  Laterz~

djDarkX

P.S.
To anyone who uses the Breakers or Breakers Revenge BGM's, PM me.  I have a solution to making the BGM loop perfectly without clicks or pops using ADX.
ADX Encoder Frontend - Making ADX encoding easier!
Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 02:23:20 am by djDarkX
#43  February 13, 2006, 01:53:37 am
  • Basic User
  • Harry 7 Mason From Silent Hill
    • Chile
I'm so sorry about this stupid question, but i'm really don't have a idea about...
What program can I use to hear the .ADX files  ???
The winamp can't recognize and I add the plugins.

Well thanks for your time.
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
#44  February 13, 2006, 01:58:41 am
I'm so sorry about this stupid question, but i'm really don't have a idea about...
What program can I use to hear the .ADX files  ???
The winamp can't recognize and I add the plugins.

Well thanks for your time.

Let me see if I understood you correctly.  You have installed the plugin into Winamp and yet it won't play ADX files?  If that is so, that is very odd.  You may need to redownload and reinstall the plugin, or , if you are using the frontend and encoder, would need to re-encode it.  Did you try converting a 32Bit WAV file?  If that is the case, it won't work seeing as the GC Stream plugin won't allow 32Bit WAV files to be played at this time, if ever.  In any case, let me know what's going on and I can assist you further.  Laterz~

djDarkX

P.S.
The only stupid question is that which is not asked in the first place.
#45  February 13, 2006, 02:23:06 am
  • Basic User
  • Harry 7 Mason From Silent Hill
    • Chile
Oh djDarkX... 
You are absolutely right, my version of winamp was just too old. --;
I can hear it very well now.

Thanks again!
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
#46  February 13, 2006, 02:24:12 am
No problem.  Anytime  ;D
#47  February 13, 2006, 02:24:27 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Caddie: Very sorry you're having problems.  What's the make and model of your soundcard?  The problem most definately lays there.  I may be able to find a solution.

Realtek AC'97 for VIA.
#48  February 13, 2006, 03:58:09 am
Hey Caddie,

Try updating the drivers for the device.  If they are up to date,  then you might want to try replacing it.  Integrated?  Disable the drivers before installing a new card.  Also, if you don't mind, please send over the ADX files you have converted over to my email address, djdarkx_mod@yahoo.com, to make sure it isn't just the converted files.  Laterz~

djDarkX
#49  February 13, 2006, 04:04:09 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
It's not the ADX files. The files I first used were ones I converted on my own, and JJWE sent me some to try and it did the same thing. I'll try looking for some updated drivers though I think I am up to date. If you want to try out one of the ADX files I use just in case though, you can get the "women's team, 94" ADX file on my website. Or rather, here is a direct link.

http://www.newwavemugen.net/~randomselect/caddie/adxs/womenadx.rar

Thank you, I'm gonna look for drivers now.
#50  February 13, 2006, 04:08:33 am
Well, you were right.  It's not the ADX file as I played it and it works perfectly.  It just may be the drivers.  A lot of people have certain problems with their Realtek AC'97 cards if they aren't updated properly.  If they are updated and that is not the problem, I'll look some more into it.  Laterz~

djDarkX
#51  February 13, 2006, 04:18:39 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I installed the latest drivers. It worked in fixing both the speed problem I had with Mp3s(was a bit fast), and the ADX problem. Awesome, thank you. :D
Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 04:23:07 am by Caddie
#52  February 13, 2006, 04:27:48 am
Yo, no problem.  Hopefully, I will get v1.1 out soon.  8)

NOTE: If anyone is having skipping problems or any kind of sound problems with ADX files, it would be best if you updated your sound drivers.  If that is not the problem, PM me with the problem and I will help you out as much as possible.  Laterz~

djDarkX
#53  February 13, 2006, 06:01:39 am
  • Lost all his MUGEN stuff in hard disk crash. :(
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Chipset drivers also can play a factor, so if the problem persists, try downloading those as well.

For those without fear of Windows Update, some drivers from there actually proves to be stable.

@djdarkx
Tis okay. I can wait. ;), BTW, you don't have to call me by full name. Just call me by my first name or my real nick. :P
Orochi Herman: MUGEN Creator, Producer Video Editor and Web Programmer

And possibly more other shady things lol

https://www.facebook.com/OrochiHerman/
#54  February 13, 2006, 06:04:59 am
Gotta Midori ;)
#55  February 14, 2006, 05:42:14 pm
  • Lost all his MUGEN stuff in hard disk crash. :(
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Btw, got plans to implement automatic region/loop reading for WAV files? Just asking, because I might convert EFZ WAVs, those BGMs have loop points specified in the WAVs.
Orochi Herman: MUGEN Creator, Producer Video Editor and Web Programmer

And possibly more other shady things lol

https://www.facebook.com/OrochiHerman/
#56  February 14, 2006, 07:36:56 pm
  • Whatever
    • n.domaindlx.com/platinumgp
What if the songs don't have any loop points? Are we really expected to figure them out? :(

Random Creator: Ono! Someone stole my sprite rips? Don't I get a say in this?
Random Leecher: Hell no, your property is our property. We own youz, bitches!
Random Creator: But you're not even going to use them the way they're supposed to be used!
Random Leecher: ... Yeah, and?
Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 07:39:58 pm by AeroGP

B²92

#57  February 14, 2006, 08:53:33 pm
Find me an example of a song that doesn't have a loop point.
#58  February 14, 2006, 08:55:00 pm
  • Whatever
Well, all the songs I've tried don't have any... maybe I'm using the wrong program to find them? (Cool Edit Pro 2.1)

Random Creator: But you're not even going to use them the way they're supposed to be used!

B²92

#59  February 14, 2006, 09:29:58 pm
There's also a program everyone has, which is called EARS.
And to be more accurate, your ears will be the best tool to find loop regions.
Really.
Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 09:32:33 pm by OrochiKOFXI
#60  February 14, 2006, 09:32:07 pm
  • Whatever
Clearly, I was trying to AVOID that... :(