YesNoOk

[Resentone Thread]: 3 Characters Released (23/06/2024) (Read 968939 times)

Started by Resentone, January 22, 2022, 05:49:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: [Resentone Thread]: 3 Characters Released (23/06/2024)
#281  June 24, 2024, 04:12:31 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
I was thinking of reusing them for the BBTAG variants. I removed them in the first place because of the mismatch small portrait with the UNI 1 big portrait, and 2 Eltnum having the same Alternate Big Portraits folder is kinda unnecessary.

and yes I'll be repurposing their UNI1 voicelines, and the new Art style you see from my planned characters section uses her birthday illustration.

I'll get that naming corrected. In future updates, I'll be planning on getting most of her charge attacks back and implementing the full version of Slide Air to differentiate her enough from her BBTAG variant. (as BBTAG characters are usually a stripped down, easier to use versions of themselves.)
Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 04:28:11 am by Resentone
#282  June 24, 2024, 05:48:23 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I was thinking of reusing them for the BBTAG variants. I removed them in the first place because of the mismatch small portrait with the UNI 1 big portrait, and 2 Eltnum having the same Alternate Big Portraits folder is kinda unnecessary.

and yes I'll be repurposing their UNI1 voicelines, and the new Art style you see from my planned characters section uses her birthday illustration.
Well as long as you still have them and will be repurposed, that's fine. But in case you do lose them like a hard drive crash or severe weather conditions, I'll back them up on my end just in case since I'm the one who made them after all. Guess you can do their UNI2 overhauls on them as planned and won't alter them since they're the same as the birthday illustration. Was surprised you updated the co-existing versions instead of the other way around and have completely new versions of them like I suggested. Eltnum's current moveset must have been a little too complex in the BBTAG style and should be simplified more. Couldn't tell since the moveset is hypothetical. Now I'm curious what their file and folder names will be as the UNI2 overhauls have taken over their default names.

Also, MT7 did a nice job on the touchup for Eltnum. You probably should let him do it for Phonon and Byakuya's UNI2 overhauls instead of me as those renders have a matching colored lighting that may mess up the small portrait.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#283  June 24, 2024, 05:53:38 am
    • Philippines
Looks like your Hyde can do infinite corner combo by doing 5AA>5B>5C.
#284  June 24, 2024, 06:30:42 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Fixed, thank you for the report.

Also, fixed some minor stuff I missed for Enigma Hyde and Yuzuriha. No need to redownload.
#285  June 24, 2024, 06:50:26 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA

I'mma have to go with some more constructive criticism about your characters.
Lucario: Nothing wrong with the main character although Force Palm is called an "EX Variant" when it was just a completely new attack independent of Iron Tail. But for the Astral Heat, I think the final beam looks extremely weak for a final attack. Using a larger beam effect (and also a expanding blast would also be nice to see)
Reimu/Cirno: I feel like that, despite the effort, the characters feel lazy as they're just Ricepigeon's characters (or rather Mr. Giang's edits) given a BBTAG coat of paint. You could've done something else to spice them up a bit more, like making the EX versions pop a bit more, and also replacing a special or super. Also Perfect Freeze doesn't feel that impactful of a Astral Heat.
#286  June 25, 2024, 04:03:11 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Force Palm is called an "EX Variant" when it was just a completely new attack independent of Iron Tail.
Fixed the naming on the readme.

But for the Astral Heat, I think the final beam looks extremely weak for a final attack. Using a larger beam effect (and also a expanding blast would also be nice to see)
I can make it bigger, but ZolidSone who points out most aesthetic errors for this style never point out/say that this is a problem.

Reimu/Cirno: I feel like that, despite the effort, the characters feel lazy as they're just Ricepigeon's characters (or rather Mr. Giang's edits) given a BBTAG coat of paint. You could've done something else to spice them up a bit more, like making the EX versions pop a bit more, and also replacing a special or super.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I've been doing things this way since literally I started with Rentaro, I base all of my characters from their source games. In this case I used Rice's Touhou game.

Also Perfect Freeze doesn't feel that impactful of a Astral Heat.
it looks fine for me so I'll keep it the way it is.
#287  June 25, 2024, 05:00:44 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I can make it bigger, but ZolidSone who points out most aesthetic errors for this style never point out/say that this is a problem.
Personally, I do not. I always though this was a personal design choice and I won't point it out unless it looks broken. But in a way, it does look too similar to the size of Aura Storm. I looked at the SFF again and noticed the same beam effect that Gardevoir has is present as group 6214 not being used. Although, I believe it might look way too identical to her Fairy Tempest so it should be scaled down size wise if you plan to recycle it. So it's entirely up to you if you think it looks better.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#288  June 25, 2024, 10:34:00 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I've been doing things this way since literally I started with Rentaro, I base all of my characters from their source games. In this case I used Rice's Touhou game.
I don't want to sound mean, but Reimu can't do any of the things she can do in GR (or IZ, I guess), or much at all, really. Aside from a corner loop that's just 5AAA > 5BB > j.5B > j.5C three or four times, there's not much going on because nothing really allows for valid juggles afterwards, with stuff like dash B barely letting you link 623A after. Almost everything that doesn't knock down is very unsafe on hit and block, which I'm guessing is overcorrection to prevent a repeat of release Cirno's easy infinites.

In GR, Reimu relies on cancelling Rain Dance or Ascension Kick into Fantasy Seal as an extender, so this style's lack of special > super cancelling by default hurts her as there's nothing to compensate. Her meterless routes rely on Amulet, which has been gutted here as it offers nothing in juggles due to a combination of lower y velocity and lower hitstun. Her primary neutral poke/hitconfirm (4/6C) is now locked behind 5BB, leaving her a bit short of range; I know Vatista suffered a similar fate, but she at least has other options and strong zoning anyway.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#289  June 25, 2024, 11:33:55 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia

Well, I never specifically stated that she will have her routing from the game.. jk lol.

Yeah about that, I'm kinda bad at that game and couldn't for the life of me get a combo going. Either it's because the game use IKEMEN hence why the inputs are so tight, or I'm just straight trash (though it's probably the latter). I'll try and get most of her and Cirno routing back through youtube vids for reference on future updates, though don't expect too much.

and no offense taken. I did state that I'll follow source if possible. and If I can't then I'll just make stuff up (in which I did). If you tried my Hyde, he have all of his stuff and most of his routing as I main him in uniclr/sysceles.

Also, I will make a BBTAG Vatista in the distant future. though you'll probably cry if you try her out lol.
#290  July 01, 2024, 02:04:58 pm
  • Climax Sacrifice
    • sites.google.com/site/infantry00blog
I tested Hyde UNI2 in watch mode but I saw a bug on his "Blaring Outrage" projectile got stuck while perform a move before gets hit or return to neutral state

Here's a video: https://streamable.com/166fx8
Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 02:16:49 pm by Infantry00
#291  July 01, 2024, 02:32:31 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Fixed.

Did a little update for Hyde and Ryougi.
Hyde:
- Blooming Lotus will not kill until the last hit

Ryougi:
- Fixed an error where Selfless Knowledge - Fated Demise did not play the finish animation.
- Fixed a minor aesthetic errors.
Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 02:49:37 pm by Resentone