YesNoOk

Progress (Read 684711 times)

Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#1081  July 18, 2014, 11:57:13 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
well as said before Vegeta with the new system went  better than the previous one plus the small hair combo really feels and looks like how is done in the anime and games GUESS Cell is gona be the one that will take more adventage of it (Like a real boss).

Follow you at youtube to see whats good later.
#1082  July 22, 2014, 11:49:49 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Almost done with trunks' frames, then it's 18's walk, and I am officially done with all the Character spriting work I wanted to do on this project from the get go.

At points during certain characters (Mainly Cell) I'll do some more frames, (going to make him feel more boss like, he'll have a lot of the others moves) but this is sorta a milestone for me, 3 and a half years, and I am finally finished spriting characters. Woohoo!

This means when I come back to allstars after my break, I'll finally start on stages, I plan to show my progress on those more visually than I have with my sprites. As what I plan to do with stages should really test my own skills and patience. I'll be redrawing straight from episode scenes. I might also ask for help on props for stages (maybe a flying ship, a tree, dinosaur etc)

As far as videos, I'll try to make some small footages for final blast to create some videos. I had an idea for the trailers for each character to be based on 80's themed montage music that fits the character lyrically wise (for the most part). Atm I have two down I don't wanna give away the songs because I'd rather they be a surprise for down the line.

#1083  July 23, 2014, 12:14:06 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
thats cool to ear good luck with the stage
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1084  July 23, 2014, 12:25:46 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Me helping you with the stages is what was planned right?

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#1085  July 23, 2014, 12:41:52 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
erm, yea if you're willing to try yes.
#1086  July 23, 2014, 01:04:05 am
  • You ugly! We fix!
Almost done with trunks' frames, then it's 18's walk, and I am officially done with all the Character spriting work I wanted to do on this project from the get go.

At points during certain characters (Mainly Cell) I'll do some more frames, (going to make him feel more boss like, he'll have a lot of the others moves) but this is sorta a milestone for me, 3 and a half years, and I am finally finished spriting characters. Woohoo!

This means when I come back to allstars after my break, I'll finally start on stages, I plan to show my progress on those more visually than I have with my sprites. As what I plan to do with stages should really test my own skills and patience. I'll be redrawing straight from episode scenes. I might also ask for help on props for stages (maybe a flying ship, a tree, dinosaur etc)

As far as videos, I'll try to make some small footages for final blast to create some videos. I had an idea for the trailers for each character to be based on 80's themed montage music that fits the character lyrically wise (for the most part). Atm I have two down I don't wanna give away the songs because I'd rather they be a surprise for down the line.

Congratulations, man! Truly hyped.   :laugh3:
These palettes better make me cum rainbows when I see them.
#1087  July 23, 2014, 01:40:25 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭

Oh so now gona sprite the stages heh
sounds better than the original of just using screenshots and Backgrounds from the DBKAI and slity photoshop edit that u mentioned before.

#1088  July 23, 2014, 01:58:29 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
ummm what?

I don't think you understood what I planned to do before, I just basically just repeated what I was planning to do with them before. And Lol silly photoshop editing. wth

I am STILL taking backgrounds and stuff from the series, and just spriting them. along with random props for each one. The photoshop was to maybe add a filter to certain things.

#1089  August 03, 2014, 01:22:36 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
8-3-14

So all of trunks sword attacks are finished, I had an idea for each palette having a different sword, atm I'm going with 7 palettes, but I'll take 12 swords, and we can vote on which 7 make the cut (no pun intended) whichever sword you have in mind, please show reference so I know what the sword looks like, when I sprite it.

also here's a sample of trunks's sword so people don't give suggestions of the same sword.

also a note, if a sword you choose is picked, and you have sounds for it, I will include them.

edit - no bleach swords, I've done them all already it wouldn't really be anything new. Also please choose interesting and logical choices, I'm going to have to do a great deal of small boring work for each sword to work (adding the hilt angles for each sword which means shittons of different hilts in the sff and air)
Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:47:01 pm by Neocide
#1090  August 03, 2014, 02:20:55 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
I picked a couple of them:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Saber's Excalibur from the Fate franchise

Guts' Dragonslayer from Berserk

Cloud's Fusion Sword from Advent Children

Sayaka's sword from Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Auron's strongest sword from Final Fantasy X

I think thats already a couple of them so I'll stop here for now.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#1091  August 03, 2014, 02:26:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
most of those would change the hitbox. Neocide is that something you want?
#1092  August 03, 2014, 02:33:07 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It doesn't have to change the hitbox. some would have deceptively shorter reach than they'd appear though.

I would make sure any shorter swords are sprited at least the same length as the default though. So they don't look odd hitting from so far away.
Or shorter swords cut have a slice effect in front to make the longer reach look good.
#1093  August 03, 2014, 02:37:47 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
thats cray cray, cloud sword is like twice in lenght , sephiroth would be like 3 times. that wouldnt look that good having the sword run an opponent through but not injure them.

I think the obvious masamune from chrono trigger would be too close to the normal one, so how about the sword of omens. If short swords are a thing then half caledscratch or the whole thing. ( http://cdn.instructables.com/FS5/1IZ3/HQEA3UU0/FS51IZ3HQEA3UU0.MEDIUM.jpg )

Maybe one of the pals could be a joke one, like soul calibur did with its weapons, have it be replaced by a baloon sword , a string of hotdogs or a rolled up newspaper
#1094  August 03, 2014, 02:45:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Long sword not hitting people works for Marth!
#1095  August 03, 2014, 02:57:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
ugh fine, give him a zanza then, might as well with beserker two handed swords going on
#1096  August 03, 2014, 02:58:37 pm
That image doesn't show up.

Once I suggested about Dabura's sword:

Janemba's sword could be considered as a "palette swap" of Trunks's sword (it would need little edits).
Spoiler: this could help (click to see content)

Another idea, instead of the sword, draw Goku's Power Pole. It should be very easy to do.
#1097  August 03, 2014, 03:18:50 pm
    • USA
Travis Touchdown's sword (Although it's actually labelled as a katana, the beam katana).

#1098  August 03, 2014, 06:22:23 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Rebellion from DMC4

Red Queen from DMC4 (this might not be a good idea as it could be difficult to sprite)

#1099  August 03, 2014, 09:43:42 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
hitboxes aren't the problem though, since all the swords are all helpers they can have their own hit boxes in general, that's not a problem. so atm we're at 10? I'll make some samples of these by the middle of the week,

A power pole would work, I also thought of non sword weapons but for his moves that he uses with a sword the power pole won't work. A balloon sword or a joke sword could work I suppose.
#1100  August 03, 2014, 09:49:53 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
That's good news, you'll be able to get a good variety of swords then :)

I just thought of another one
Daedric Sword from Skyrim